Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty Navy [LN]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Feedback thread for the [LN]

Link to the faction status

Please use the format in the quote below if you wish to submit feedback.
' Wrote:So... To actually make this thread useful to the LN, I've decided to put together a form to help you put feedback in here which is constructive, rather than being an aimless rant, or mindless Q_Q. Hopefully this will help everyone.

Code:
[b]Your character name (if applicable):[/b]
<name goes here>

[b]Situation, policy or incident you are providing feedback on:[/b]
<description of situation goes here>

[b]Screenshots or other related materials:[/b]
<Links/quotes/whatever goes here>

[b]What you believe should be done about the situation:[/b]
<Explanation goes here. Try to find methods by which we could improve and explain them>

[b]Other notes:[/b]
<Anything else you wish to talk about>

This has also been placed in the first post of this thread.

yay first post.

Ahem.

I have good, I have bad, and I have.. well, I dunno.

Good: Kudos to [LN]Stephanie.Malaign and her assorted other ships. Consistent RPer and helped me with a $150mil transfer yesterday. Perhaps ironically given your trouble with such ships, the transfer was to buy an Outcast Destroyer. :laugh:I've also worked with Valence Harper on my indie LSF character, with no complaints, as well as a few others whose names escape me at the moment.

I also applaud the "Recognized Independents" section. While it is short, it's good to see some of Liberty's better independents getting more attention; might be an incentive for independent RP to improve if more factions would take such notice.

Now for the "well, I dunno" part: Some of your members appear to be quite hostile and intolerant. Now, it's entirely possible that this is in-character, but I think it would be good to step back for a moment and make sure that it is. With all the recent fights about Liberty, it's quite possible that some people are getting rather angry and letting that affect their in-game actions.

And now for matters of a more unpleasant nature... that is, the criticism portion.

Quote: You must never use OOC in system chat. Even if the entire system is flaming your entire generation, country, caste, creed, family, universe, anything. You will always reply via the PM function. Failure to do with will result in a dismissal.

There are screenshots already posted elsewhere of LN members going out of character in system chat. John Talon here, for example. Now, I'm not saying that one line should get him kicked out or demoted, but if you're going to have the rule worded that harshly, I would think an admiral should hold to it - or you can loosen up on the wording a little, since things do get quite hectic sometimes and I can understand one or two quick OOC lines as needed. Personally, I'd loosen up the wording a bit, but also strongly encourage use of local chat (/l for those who don't know) when local would be enough to get the message out.

And now for the closing minor correction: You're a Liberty faction that doesn't allow Mammoth transports? Or did you just accidentally leave that off the list?
The logo is inaccurate...You guys are challenged by lots of people:lol:

Other than that...You know my stance on the LN, being one of the leaders of the 522nd. Dai.

Meh, you guys are doing alright. One thing that needs work:

If there are four LN on, only ONE needs to be a cap, if that.
The problems i did have with the LN were resolved, and seen nothing but good things the past few weeks.

The only thing i wish is that the relationships between the =LSF= and the [LN] were a bit better than they are now, and that we work together more often. As we have in the past..

I have seen a few members go ooc, though i politely asked them to please dim it down. Will be letting the LN command know if i have a problem with one of your members, as i hope you do mine.

That's about it, keep up the good work, liberty is changing for the greater good:D
"Recognized Independent Craft
Gafwmn
Gafwmn.
LNS_Citadelle.De.Quebec
LNS_Niagara.Falls"

hmmm seems that someone forgot my ship name..ummm shouldn't be on the list.. ? Would be nice :$:$
LNS-Ithaca
Righto

: Stephanie Malaign here, thanks for the compliment

Also, John Talon is an admiral, and he probably had very good reasons for saying that one line, as he was the one who said no // in system.

: One word: lol

Also, we are working on the caps, in truth, we only take out major caps if there is something major, or, one of our guys is attacked and we can't get the bombers out in time to save him

: Thanks for that, keep the LSF going strong, and LN will do the same, and Liberty will be greater.

: Soz to say, but that faction status is oooooold, as I am a Captain now, the Rank Fleet Admiral no longer exists, and the guy who posted it has left LN.

We'll make sure the Ithaca is added though, to the proper one.

EDIT: : If you have any hostile members, PM me with their names, I'll talk to them about it, also, if you see anyone use '//' in system, or go OOC, please PM us the screens, we'll talk to them, we're trying hard to eliminate OOC from LN altogether:)
LN is for the most part a great faction, with some great pilots.. They try very hard to remain in RP despite the enviroment they have to work in. Some of the LN pilots seem to have a bit of an attitude, I have witnessed them talk down to LSF members and one even attempted to talk down to me, that aint going to happen.

An assault on a LPI, LSF or LN is punishable by all and I was once abandoned by the LN after a Gunboat ran Z21 opened fire upon me and fled. Although it was to be called to a Cruiser emergency in Z21, so I went along and advised that this same Cruiser also ran through Z21 yesterday and should be engaged. I was then told by a LN member in a snippy arrogant manner that if I wanted to engage it I could do it myself, hahah! So I told the LN officer that was a poor way to talk to an ally, and was told to show respect so I told the LN officer to shut it. Respect is given when it's shown, some of your members do need a course in remembering who there allies are.

All that said the LN are a great bunch of guys and are usually always around for me in times of trouble.
alright thank you, I didn't know that is old but I know that the one who posted it has left the LN. I saw it up on the "latest threads" box and checked it didn't know it was old heh..
Good interactions abound. Whether coolly addressing each other on my Junker(s), or outright hostile on my "I'm just a thief! Let me go!" Lane Hacker.

Had a good brawl the other day in front of Manhattan, teamed with a member of [HF]. Some random independent Order also wandered in and left little impression, besides managing to get Stephanie.Malign to take herself out killing him with a mine. Mine misfires took out two [LN] Avengers, the other being taken out on a mine-ramming charge at me and eating Debilitator fire all the way in.

Mike Ypsilanis (did I get that right?) and I fought like two cats in a bag, as Gafwmn and Bean stood by at his request.

Finally, due to my ordinance saturation, he lost enough weaponry that he had to call in the artillery. I couldn't make it out. Two dead Navy jocks and grievously wounding a third carried a heavy price.
Ypsilantis. He's hell to invite >.<