Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Piracy Guide for Newbies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Now I am not an expert or even a pirate at the moment. So I am calling for experienced pirates out there to share some basics or even trade secrets to help keep piracy rule legal.

I may not pirate, but I love it, it gets me heart going in my Train as I see a red contact on the radar and even firing back on the dastardly highwaymen.

We NEED piracy for RP to thrive and keep Traders sort of checked. Its TOO easy to make money, even for me and I'm not a good trader, no patience.

Pirate masters, we NEED YOU!

Post your tips and we can make up some sort of list so noobs like me can pirate legally, and thrive in RP and financially:cool:

Pirate Tip List
  • Scan ID and level before attacking, pirating a trader under level 40 isn't smart
  • Check for cargo, could be worth more if you have the space
  • Make sensible credit demands, demanding 4 million from a Rhino isn't good, we don't collect on debts
  • Role play the holdup/taxing, this is an RP server after all. e.g. Feeding kids or helping the people of Crete.
  • Always make demands BEFORE blowing them up, and give them at least 10 seconds to type or send trade request, we are not computers.
  • Bring a Train Disruptor and heavy firepower, some trains take a while to go down.
  • Hunting in packs is a good idea, just in case the police/military/hunters show up to collect on you.
  • Know your escape plan backwards, getting lost or losing your way is never a smart plan. Way point the jump holes so you don't have to F6.
  • Never pirate in a cruiser, battle cruiser, battleship, dreadnought or juggernaut. Its a quick way to sanction penalties.
  • Just saying halt isn't good, RP with it, wing it even. Say something like "Cut your engines Trader! Or have a new hole punched into the hull!" or even "I'm feeling lonely... Share the wealth? I get violent when I'm lonely..." Ok maybe not:lol:
  • If the ships you order to halt seem to sit there doing nothing, press the Print Screen button or use another screen capture program. Its better to catch F1'ers than let them get away with it. Besides, being pirated is cheaper as a certain admin put it.
  • Use proper grammar for goodness sakes, this is no Halo or Runescape.
  • Pirates tend to be mean rough people, its very rare to see a kind pirate. Let the anger free! As long as its not swearing or personally abusing someone. That's not smart.
Well, here is one I think may be handy......

Allways scan the ship prior to making a demand. (Level, ID, Cargo)...
Use that information to make your demand fair. ( ex. don't demand 4 mill from a small transport if it's LVL 40)

Ive been wanting to make a pirate character for a while now ( well , since i started playing on this server at least lol), so some tips might be usefull! For example , where should I go to get some low lvl pirate missions ? Where can i buy pirate ships ? Because , when you start , you are already hostile to some pirate factions , so it isnt very clear :unsure:
' Wrote:Ive been wanting to make a pirate character for a while now ( well , since i started playing on this server at least lol), so some tips might be usefull! For example , where should I go to get some low lvl pirate missions ? Where can i buy pirate ships ? Because , when you start , you are already hostile to some pirate factions , so it isnt very clear :unsure:
I recommend talking to Del, leader of the LR - Liberty Rogues. I hear they are good fun, or try a Junker base and take up missions against Liberty there to get the reputation better I'd say.

Try joining a Pirate faction, they'll set you up no worries and train you up, at least I think they do... Or did they just send the transport or new pirates to the Crete Soylant Green facility? No I'm sure they were Outcasts :rolleyes:
1st thing I would do is get neutral (at least) with lawful factions. (Lib. police is green when you start)
Accept and abort missions to lower your rep. with a faction.

Then start checking out the Junker or Zoner bases for bribes and ships..

If you have to, kill some lawful NPCs to get your rep..

Hope this helps...

The quickest way to get neutral is to shoot up the storage pods abound Bush & Manhattan - then fly to Rochester or Buffalo
Don't say, "4 millz or dai nao k?"

Be smart enough to start shooting if they don't respond for more than 10-15 seconds. They probably F1'd.
If you can't be a mean bastard in character, stand clear of piracy or you'll suck at it...

[Image: outlaw2-1180328.jpg]

...have your chill pills at the ready...

[Image: outlaw-1180327.jpg]

...and don't disturb the wild life...

[Image: outlaw3-1180329.jpg] [Image: outlaw4-1180330.jpg]
As long as you don't curse a blue streak I'd say its all good. Just don't personally attack people out of character...:unsure:
Get the best equipment you can get.
If you're doing it alone especially.

Bomber.
SN.
Codies.
Armour 8.
Advanced Cargo Scanner.

Know your route like the back of your hand & predict what resistance you will meet.

Basically, plan ahead.

Having said all that, be flexible. Sometimes things just won't go your way.
Pages: 1 2 3