Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Armed Forces Defense Intelligence Staff (DIS) (iRP) (AO)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The room was almost pharmaceutical in its cleanliness. Computer banks, massive mainframes, loomed over the floor. Pasty complexioned men and women hurried about, looking even more pharmaceutical in their lab coats, but they were really just glorified mechanics for the silicon brains around them.

All the reports generated by the Bretonian Armed Forces were processed here, as well as information of a diplomatic nature. Sorted digitally by relevance, then passed onto human hands for future assessment.

It was in rooms like this that wars could be won, or lost.
Notification:

DIS Information:

Officers of the Bretonian Armed Forces are hereby instructed to utilize the below-attached template for communications, as well as mission debriefings:

Code:
[indent][indent][float=right][img=200x172]http://i.imgur.com/cqoK5DR.png[/img][/float][font=TW Cen MT][size=x-large]
[color=#FFFFFF][font=Gloucester MT][align=left][size=x-large][color=#4000BF][u][color=#FFFFFF]Message Class: Textual/Visual[/color][/u][/color][/size]
Encryption: Ceylon
To: TEXT
From: TEXT, BAF[/align][/font][/color][/size][/indent][/indent]
[indent][indent][hrc]#FFA500[/hrc][/indent][/indent]

[align=center][img]CHARACTER IMAGE[/img][/align]

[indent][indent][indent][hrc]#FFA500[/hrc]

[color=#FFFFFF][size=medium][align=justify]GREETING HERE,

TEXT HERE

[align=left][font=Vivaldi][color=#FFA500]NAME[/color][/font]
RANK
Bretonian Armed Forces[/align]
[/indent][/indent][/indent][/align][/size][/color]
[indent][indent][hrc]#FFA500[/hrc][/indent][/indent]

[align=center][color=#FFFFFF][size=x-large][font=Gloucester MT][color=#4000BF][u][color=#FFFFFF]Open for Replies[/color][/u][/color][/font][/size][/color][/align][/font]

Carina, Regina, Imperatrix!
[Image: bhcopiecg3.png]

Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Esther Carson, BHG

Hello, I was hired by the QCRF to train up your rookie pilots, and have indeed extended that to the BAF (for the time being, unless you terminate it). Of course, I only ever got paid the once, which was enough for a start-up fee, but after this moment every time I practice with your men, it's 2 million base, and an extra 500,000 for every man over the first. I hope you have the money for that, if not I can understand.

End Transmission
The dogfight had been a long one. And a lonely one. Only one enemy to keep her company.

The young Bretonian pilot's hands were shaking from exhaustion, and she was soaked in sweat, half formed from fear, half exertion. The Corsair pilot, presumably, was also as stressed.

Good thing too. Made him screw up.

"EK'd too long, my friend.", she thought as she pressed the trigger to fire the minirazor.

The enemy fighter's port side essentially was sheared off by the plasma. Soon after, a pod blew out of the tumbling fighter.

The Bretonian tracked in the pod closer, and arrested the relative motion of the pod. She could see the pilot's face. He was uninjured. He smiled and signaled thumbs up, as if to say "good one."

She did not smile back.

Rather, she waited for the power levels to be restored from the minirazor blast.

And fired again. The pod, and the Corsair inside, simply ceased to exist.

"That was for my father, you son of a ..."

The Templar thrusted away, and Catharine Brock set cruise for home.
Incoming Transmission
From BAF|James.Flint
To: BAF Headquarters/Intel.
Subj: Mission Report

Sirs,

This evening I launched from the Battleship Derby to begin a routine patrol. While passing the Tau-31 JG I picked up a vessal approaching with the ship ID as FED)Paritas. He had broke from the TL at 10K and gave the order to halt and proceded to pursue on a rough course towards the Newcastle JG. Upon entering the Stokes field, I was bounced off a couple of those floating rocks and lost him on scans. I returned to the Tau-31 JG just in time to reaquire Paritas just entering the JG. I was close enough to get a scan of a hold full of Deuterium. I again ordered him to halt. I atempted to verify the scan data was saved and transmitted to the Derby. That data was lost due to a memery card not seated correctly. I followed him through the JH, while in the Jump I was able to reseat the errant card and upon arrival in Tau-31 I was close enough to get a positive scan. Link to Battleship Derby data storage:

[Image: screen17-1.jpg]

Full scan detail: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/M...08/screen17.jpg

I was not confertable firing on Bretonians with the current flux in official policies. I wish for a clarification of all policies. I again ordered him to halt and gave chase all the way to the Tau-29 JG. At that time I was intercepted by a Kusari Patrol and had to engage them at this point in self defense. After ridding myself of the Kusari, I returned by a differant route to get the data back to the Derby. While in Tau-31, I had on LRS at least two vessals that had came from Leads and managed to get to Tau-23 without me detecting them on scans. Upon my return to the Derby, I attempted to contact Captain McKenna to ask him about it. He requested that I get to Cambridge ASAP. With my fighter repaired and rearmed, I rushed to Cambridge at break neck speed to find him engaged with members of the RAHF. I engaged upon arrival and am sad to say that I did not give a very good showing of myself and was soon watching from my pod. While waiting for pick up I am sending my report.

End Report

Lt. James Flint jr

End transmission
**Logging in**

.....please proceed with the report Leuitenant John.Redmond.

Right, lets start this off.

Tonight, nearing the end of my shift after a training session, I was informed by my CO if a Coalition ship in Cambridge shooting BAF recruits without mercy.

I, my CO M.Mckenna, Aubrey Mainwaring and the revered privateer Liam Mackinnon proceeded to Cambridge.

As soon as we jumped into the system, a single Eagle class fighter was detected. in the spirit of fair play only two of us engaged. The fight was very one sided nevertheless, the cowardly eagle repeatedly running several K away from myself and Aubrey who were watching the action. after what seemed like forever, an hour atleast, we were 4 or 5 trade lanes towards Cambridge, such was the extent of the cowardly retreating everytime the shield was remotely damaged.

Liam decieded he was growing bored of the desperate Eagle, Ariel or something, and ordered we engage.

Shortly after the coalition ship had recieved reinforcements, we decided that the eagle was too cowardly to continue attacking it, and moved on to the new target. not long after we had engaged him, did the coalition recieve yet more reinforcements, 2 more chaps if i recall correctly. there was this one chap whom we decided to focus on, Bjorn i think they called him, he was a poor target and resorted to attacking weak passing ships to steal their nanobots and battery to sustain his life, all the while fleeing 10k away from his comrades... but unfortunately for us, his comrades had begun to focus fire upon Aubrey 10k away while we was distracted with the cowardly Bjorn.

Aubrey's ship fell under fire, i believe a BPA officer tractor'd him in and retreated to Cambridge, the famed bounty hunter Carson came to our assist, something about laughing at us getting fooled about by the Eagle, unfortunately for the hunter, her new hammerhead did not cope well with the missiles fired by one of the hostile targets, and according to Carson, stepping on a mine, she did go on at "how evasive the hammerhead is", but im afraid it gives up too much armour to be effective, unlike the trusty templar. She also had her pod tractor'd and returned to Sheffield.

Now, Bjorn was possibly being supplied with nanobots from his friends, and all the innocents he killed for his pitiful existance. but this would turn against him, eventualy losing all his guns after a razor to his hull from Mark I believe, I also scored a direct hull hit with the razor, and another occurance where a mine struck his hull, the coward did his final act and engaged cruise, it was not a kill for us, but it was pretty much the same thing.

Following this, or before it.. im a little muddled after the now, very long fight, Liam scored a swift destruction on one of the Coalition ships, truely the only way to deal with these cowards, a swift defeat, or they'll run you around desperate for their lives. unfortunately for Liam, he was caught under fire from the other ships, reinforced by others at an unknown point (after liam's ship was destroyed, it was 4 or 5 against 2, i forget).

Now their target was me, clearly. we targeted a Ravens talon, Mark suggested the bomber, but i insisted this talon lacked experience and would fall quickly. It did not fall quickly like i had thought, but after a mere few minutes, it had engaged cruise and ran off, another coward.

following this, Mark and I went with his earlier suggestion, and attacked the Bomber, it was not a terribly difficult foe, and his friends were failing horribly at hiting me, in a templar no less, they could use some target practice. the bomber, rather predictably ran away! 4 enemies to have ran away! they not counting as destructions, but near as damnit. Now, Flint had shown up and engaged the other ships, I believe he was able to destroy a LF before he was caught under fire, falling himself, the tally up to 4 ran, 2 destroyed. yet, they still had fighters left, they maintained numerical superiority for the greater part of the fight, not including the little eagle at the start. the fight was obviously going our way, with superior skill, regardless of being outnumbered, the two left seeing as they were now not outnumbering us, were no doubt scared to death. likely we would have dealt with them, but a passing Destroyer, HMS-Gilingvase (sorry if this is wrong). and forced the fight to end, the other coalition doing what they do best, run away.

Overall unfortunate loses, mostly unavoidable, or a bounty hunters folly. but it was a resounding success militarliy, the enemy recieved less destroyed, but a lot more very heavily damaged. 2 destroyed, 5-6 heavily damaged/ran away. to 1 hurt pride and three templar's destroyed. A victory in the end.

Me and Mark walked away with barely dented hulls but low on ammo from the long fight. though, as people will attest, I am bloody annoyed I had to stay .. 3? 4 hours? chasing after cowardly bloody coalition, long after my shift had ended.
A very long fight this was! Perhaps it was a salutory lesson too. Tactically speaking, to give the other fellow a fighting chance by not hitting him with overwhelming force when you have it, is foolish. A skilled evasive pilot, like the Ariel-person, was able to sustain their health long enough to call in support. We then found ourselves in a much bigger fight than expected. Our Bretonian sense of fair play rather caused us a lot of pain.

Personally, I enjoyed this action immensely, even though my ship was targeted early on by concentrated fire and then a mine blew my escape pod out of my ship. It was a timely exercise in exposing our naivety in grouped combat. It must count as a good learning experience. We need to train more in combining firepower to eliminate opposition. My own combat skills were exposed again, but I get a little better every time.

On being rescued, and landed on Cambridge, I managed to get a lift on a trader going to New London. There, I took off in my bomber and vented my frustration on some corsairs by taking a mission from Battleship Suffolk. HMS-Gillingvase appeared and I asked this excellent ship to go to Cambridge and help our outnumbered fighters.

I understand the Coalition forces withdrew, leaving Captain McKenna and Lieutenant Redmond in control of Cambridge space again. Exhausted, but undefeated after a great display of gritty, dogged and skillful combat.

Aubrey Mainwaring
' Wrote:[Image: bhcopiecg3.png]

Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Esther Carson, BHG

Hello, I was hired by the QCRF to train up your rookie pilots, and have indeed extended that to the BAF (for the time being, unless you terminate it). Of course, I only ever got paid the once, which was enough for a start-up fee, but after this moment every time I practice with your men, it's 2 million base, and an extra 500,000 for every man over the first. I hope you have the money for that, if not I can understand.

End Transmission

We will continue the contract, but please hold off until our finances are in somewhat better shape.
--Opening Comunications--
--Source: Coriko Lameos, Omega 49--
--Subject: Traders Guild License--
--Starting transmission--

Greetings sirs,

As you are aware the Traders Guild holds a license allowing their vessels to take Deterium to Planet Harris.

We have endeavoured to adhere to all regulations that were stated in the contract.

This has been very profitable for both parties, we hope there are no negative alterations caused by the reformation.

Regards,
Coriko lameos
Exports Officer, Traders Guild

--End Transmission--

' Wrote:--Opening Comunications--
--Source: Coriko Lameos, Omega 49--
--Subject: Traders Guild License--
--Starting transmission--

Greetings sirs,

As you are aware the Traders Guild holds a license allowing their vessels to take Deterium to Planet Harris.

We have endeavoured to adhere to all regulations that were stated in the contract.

This has been very profitable for both parties, we hope there are no negative alterations caused by the reformation.

Regards,
Coriko lameos
Exports Officer, Traders Guild

--End Transmission--

This Arrangement will continue.