Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
I think? I added you.. haven't gotten a reply so idk.
I've figured out that McAfee wont allow DSAce.dll through and for the life of me I can not find a way to set it to trusted.
Issue has been resolved thanks to Siren Stone.
Hello developers and moderators, I just wanted to point out now that when i downloaded 4.88.1 whenever i launched the game it would rapidly flash between the discovery conquest image and a white screen, and i mean rapidly, now i may not have epilepsy or any condition that may hurt me from this but in the way this flashes it certainly strains my eyes, if any one of you know what the issue may be i would appreciate it if you could contact me about it, thank you.

Example of flashing
Do you have Bloom turned on? That may be why.
(04-24-2015, 12:36 AM)Tabris Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have Bloom turned on? That may be why.

Thank you for telling me that i reinstalled discovery without the bloom effect and now it is fixed, thank you for your help.
Im soo confused. Install then uninstall the reinstall 4.88.1, choose main folder to install the new 4.88.1v. run DSlauncher.exe to run game, [update] & done. Am I correct?

Im installing from scratch. had to download Freelancer fresh. tried to follow every step, and yet, it remains in the last version[88.0]. any help? frustrating, 'cause it wont update.

Once I want to uninstall it says its already a 4.88.1v, when ingame its clearly NOT. plus. I only get one server to get in. Do I require to have v4.87 installed? installation steps arent clear at all.

A video of this would be very very helpful.
(05-05-2015, 01:37 PM)Roy21 Wrote: [ -> ]Im soo confused. Install then uninstall the reinstall 4.88.1, choose main folder to install the new 4.88.1v. run DSlauncher.exe to run game, [update] & done. Am I correct?

Im installing from scratch. had to download Freelancer fresh. tried to follow every step, and yet, it remains in the last version[88.0]. any help? frustrating, 'cause it wont update.

Once I want to uninstall it says its already a 4.88.1v, when ingame its clearly NOT. plus. I only get one server to get in. Do I require to have v4.87 installed? installation steps arent clear at all.

A video of this would be very very helpful.

Right now version writes as "88.0".

You see one server - official one? If yes, you used "hide unofficial servers" option in launcher.
Ive been out for a while. ill briefly explain every step i made to make it work. I hope you can point me out.

Ill start by saying the PC was clean of Freelancer files. Anti-virus off; Freelancer in safe zone with the firewall. Net Framework updated to 4.0.

1: installed a fresh original freelancer to the PC. [checked if it was working]
2: Downloaded discovery v. 4.88.1 from qbittorrent.
3: Installed. / asked for location of default Freelancer installation/ then the discovery location was automatic, to C:\Users\Client\AppData\Local\Discovery freelancer 4.88.1 [changed this location with same results]
4:Ran DSlauncher with no apparent issues. it autoupdates the launcher, then downloads data until the launch game button comes up.[no account was generated so I decided to generate one manually]
4: Ingame shows the correct version 88.0 conquest. But with only one [conquest of conquest] or none servers in the server tab.

Hope this helps clearing up what was my mistake? waiting forward for the data.
I downloaded and installed disco in another pc. When the launcher started updating AVAST showed me this

[Image: c0Ux3d4.png]

Any help would be appreciated
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33