Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
(07-22-2015, 05:25 PM)Diablo666Daemon666 Wrote: [ -> ]4.84 working perfectly...
Any chance of getting the FILES for 4.88 (or 4.87) instead of the "install" thing...as it obviously wiil not work.

Weird question...does 4.88 still allow you to play the singleplayer campaign?
Many changes in 4.88 (and 4.87) would make the maps wrong for the campaign...?

Lemme get the short answer for ya ...

Nope
Nope
aaaand .. Nope

Long answer :
You can't use the FLMM on 4.88 no matter how bad you want .. I don't really know why you want it though...
4.88 won't let you play the single player campaign, it only lets u roam around the Discovery kind of universe in single player ( try ships out, see what they look like, try loadouts , etc. )
I will keep 4.84 for my single-player then...campaign and stuff.

I cant get 4.87 OR 4.88 to install at all, it still does the copy failed thing on every file.
I don't seem to be able to get EITHER to install at all.
This is why I was asking for maybe the files instead, does it really need a proper INSTALLATION, or can you simply make a copy of it and give it to someone else...?

Love Discovery Online (RP) and want to check out the new stuff...as well as keep killing those bad guys (or good guys, depending what I play as)
---
Weird questions...

Is ChainGun Wildfire still nerfed...?
Used to be 33.33 refire rate...was a great addition to any loadout.

I cant seem to find the CROW and ARWING in 4.84...?
Are they in 4.88...or have all those wonderful ships been deleted completely?
When I download, I get the EXE file, that's it...?
Is that the DSLauncher...?
---
(07-23-2015, 08:33 PM)Cookie Jar Cloaks Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2015, 01:13 PM)Diablo666Daemon666 Wrote: [ -> ]When I download, I get the EXE file, that's it...?
Is that the DSLauncher...?

Yes click it and it will run itself

I did....
The thing starts up, and you can click "more details" if you wish to watch it install each single file, otherwise you just watch the progress bar, or go have a coffee.

If I click "more details" and watch it, I see it say COPY FAILED on every file.
Afterwards it tries to continue, and pops up a box for every copy failed, prompting your choice of RETRY, IGNORE or CANCEL.

What is the particular problem...?
It seems like the files it wants to copy AREN'T ACTUALLY THERE...

((I looked at some of the files, they aren't anything that are part of the original Freelancer, and it doesn't seem to find them in my 4.84 version of Discovery either.))
I was trying to install Freelancer on my 2nd PC and after installing the vanilla version and the mod itself, I started the launcher but at 1 MB of downloading updates it stops downloading and exits the launcher. I can't download the update, and therefore play multiplayer, and I don't know the reason.
I've done nothing else except installing vanilla and 4.88 and running the launcher. Any suggestions?
Do I still need a multiplayer ID to play online...or do I just try to login with my name and password and it shows MY characters?
(That's WHEN I actually manage to get onto the bluddy thing.
Here is a screenshot of the installation from the downloaded file...
(the link of which is on the first page of this forum thread)

My screenshot shows the "copy failed" for EVERY file, this is what I get...
I hope the screenshot helps you with my issue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34