Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cloaking Device MK2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought a cloaking device from your good selves, i was under the impression that as it mounted correctly it would work. For some unknown reason it keeps telling me that it will not work on the ship type i have yet it say that transports are OK? Any advice would be appreciated.
What ship do you use? Cloaking Device MK2 is for big gunboats and cruisers. Cloak MK3 is for transports.

Cloaks always take a CM slot and need batteries.
There are cargo minimums and maximums for each cloak type, that is the culprit in your case.
Thank you all so much for your replies and excellent advice, but It would appear i bought the wrong cloak! (Typical)It would appear i need a MK 3 not a MK 2. As it mounted i just thought it would be the correct one, silly me. So, here i am stuck with a rather nice device that will not work on my ship. Just a thought, but would there be a part exchange situation or program for this kind of silly mistake?
(03-28-2017, 09:21 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]What ship do you use? Cloaking Device MK2 is for big gunboats and cruisers. Cloak MK3 is for transports.

Cloaks always take a CM slot and need batteries.

Forgot to mention i am using a Whale.
(03-29-2017, 08:51 AM)eigos Wrote: [ -> ]There are cargo minimums and maximums for each cloak type, that is the culprit in your case.

So does that mean there is no cloak for the Whale?
isnt the whale a transport?
if it is, mk3 for transports
Whales do indeed use Mk3 cloaks, remember to buy the batteries for it, and type /cloak to turn it on and off - "/autobuy all on" is a good friend who always buys stuff you need and are missing, give that a try as well.

Also, Mk3 cloaks typically cost around 300mil if i remember correctly.
(05-08-2017, 06:29 PM)Eurobeat Wrote: [ -> ]Whales do indeed use Mk3 cloaks, remember to buy the batteries for it, and type /cloak to turn it on and off - "/autobuy all on" is a good friend who always buys stuff you need and are missing, give that a try as well.

Thanks for that just need to find a MK3 cloak now, located a MK2 but it didn't work. Keeping eyes open ...
(05-18-2017, 02:32 PM)johndo58 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2017, 06:29 PM)Eurobeat Wrote: [ -> ]Whales do indeed use Mk3 cloaks, remember to buy the batteries for it, and type /cloak to turn it on and off - "/autobuy all on" is a good friend who always buys stuff you need and are missing, give that a try as well.

Thanks for that just need to find a MK3 cloak now, located a MK2 but it didn't work. Keeping eyes open ...

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=150373