Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Tudors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a show about Henry the 8th.

It was a really good show. Its kind of like game of thrones minus the fantasy stuff. Has anyone here watched it?
Yup all episodes and I love this:

I think its better than game of thrones! For some reason history trumps fantasy every time.
Also given its historical context the events of Henry VIII and his 5 wives have shaped modern society today.

The concepts of the EU and the Protestant Church were his ideas, he turned Europe on its head in the pursuit to have a male heir. Funny though how in the end, it was a Woman that ultimately succeeded him to the throne and Anne Boleyn was the one who delivered that heir.

Ultimately though I think Henry VIII was a charlatan and defiler of the realm.

This series is truly original, storyline filled with blood, deceit, sex and murder.
Henry VIII was the prodigal son who spent the wealth Henry VII had accumulated. The church was still ripe for plunder, though Big Grin
(04-20-2017, 04:05 PM)Black Widow Wrote: [ -> ]I think its better than game of thrones! For some reason history trumps fantasy every time.

I like it better than game of thrones myself.