Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonia Police Authority BPA)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[Image: BretoniaFlagPS2.png]
[Image: BretoniaFlagPS2.png]

New Scotland Yard
Professional. Incorruptible. Dependable.

Description:

This is the Bretonia Police Authority. Widely held to be a bastion of justice throughout Sirius, the BPA is respected by friends and foes alike. The BPA is responsible for the public safety of all Bretonian citizens and foreign visitors, provided that they are not hostile towards Bretonia, our Allies, or ourselves. Standard Operations include scanning transports for contraband, collecting fines, upholding the Kusari embargo and operating the important Nomad Transportation Licensure Board. As the BPA is also responsible for the safety of the public, we will engage pirates, terrorists, and other enemies only when they are a threat to us and the public.

Please fill the complaint form and proceed to first free desk - an officer will be there in a minute to solve any issues that bother You.
Thank You.
Note: Before you make any acusations please pressent visual data about the issue so we can take proper steps to avoid any future problems.[/color]
Quote:Complaint Form:

Your Name(Character's name):
ID:
Subject of complaint:
Area:
Possible pilots involved(BPA character's names involved):
Describtion of the events and/or problems that you would like to report:

For more information click here:
Bretonia Police Authority
=====Bretonia Police Authority Public Announcement=====
Complaint offices are open 24/7. We are also receiving possitive feedback. Please make sure you follow the complain form but it is not mandatory to use it. Hand writings and personal messaged are welcome aswell. Have a nice day.
=====Bretonia Police Authority Public Announcement=====

// Q.Q any feedback?
Feedback cannot happen until actions are seen. Havent seen a bpa in months.
I must say from what Ive seen so far. BPA is more reliable than the BAF at time.

Keep up the good work.
Lunaphase

BPA)Bill.Summers 11/02/2012
BPA)Jayne.White 11/02/2012
BPA)Ins|William.Hughes 11/02/2012

as you can see we aren't maybe most active but we are doing our best.
so saying that we aren't there is a lie. I am preety sure that latly there wasn't a day with at least one BPA online at least for few hours per day.

SMI-Great_Fox
Thanks we are doing our best and to be honest we aren't exacly a PvP based faction but we are doing what we can to have fun there and help people around.

Come in game - RP with us - thanks for the feedback we are waiting for more.
Complaint Form:

Your Name(Character's name): Dragon's.Eye
ID: Samura
Subject of complaint: Refusal to provide sufficient background material regarding enforced law.
Area: Leeds system, but unable to specify, probably close to planet Leeds
Possible pilots involved(BPA character's names involved): BPA)Cst|R.McAllister
Describtion of the events and/or problems that you would like to report: A little while ago, the following happened (I've edited out irrelevant messages)

Quote:[23.05.2012 09:37:16] BPA)Cst|R.McAllister: You there, stop.
[23.05.2012 09:37:36] 2012-05-23 09:37:55 SMT
[23.05.2012 09:37:36] BPA)Cst|R.McAllister: Cut your engines, Samura
[23.05.2012 09:37:56] 2012-05-23 09:38:14 SMT
[23.05.2012 09:37:56] BPA)Cst|R.McAllister: What exactly are you doing in Leeds?
[23.05.2012 09:38:26] 2012-05-23 09:38:45 SMT
[23.05.2012 09:38:27] BPA)Cst|R.McAllister: Well??
[23.05.2012 09:38:59] 2012-05-23 09:39:17 SMT
[23.05.2012 09:38:59] BPA)Cst|R.McAllister: Samuran vessel, respond.
[23.05.2012 09:39:02] 2012-05-23 09:39:20 SMT
[23.05.2012 09:39:51] BPA)Cst|R.McAllister: Cat have your tongue?
[23.05.2012 09:40:27] 2012-05-23 09:40:46 SMT
[23.05.2012 09:40:27] BPA)Cst|R.McAllister: Well, I have strict orders. I'm going to have to ask you to leave Bretonia immediately.
[23.05.2012 09:41:11] 2012-05-23 09:41:30 SMT
[23.05.2012 09:41:11] BPA)Cst|R.McAllister: Failure to comply will earn you a fine from her majesty's police department.
[23.05.2012 09:42:10] 2012-05-23 09:42:29 SMT
[23.05.2012 09:42:10] BPA)Cst|R.McAllister: Well you've forced my hand then with your silence.
[23.05.2012 09:43:27] Death: Dragon's.Eye was killed by BPA)Cst|R.McAllister (Gun)

Dragon's.Eye was me, and I had started a 100k-cruise, and alt+tabbed. The BPA killed me after he tried to get a response from me. I can live with that, even if I think it should have been obvious that I was afk. Still... He was well within his rights.

What I think was really poor of him, was the fact that he either refused or simply didn't know where to direct me to read about why he had stopped me in the first place. I talked to him OOC when I came back to the game and saw what had happened. No real harm was done, since I was empty, but that might not be the case next time he does something similar. I expect a more professional attitude from a BPA)-tagged player. At least an attempt to be helpful on the matter. Even if he hadn't found the info, I would have appreciated the effort, and left it at that. Maybe a reminder of what it says right below your logo is in order...
BRETONIA POLICE AUTHORITY
Professional.
Incorruptible.
Dependable.

Link to screenshots of the communication
Right. The fact that you were alt tabing isn't any of my concernes - the conversation took 6 minutes - means you had plenty of time to alt tab back.

Also you should know basic laws and reputation of your ID with the house you enter.

Quote:UNFRIENDLY
Groups that are and should not be a common sight in Bretonia. Ask them to leave.

Kishiro Technologies (Kishiro)
Samura Industries (Samura)

That's from here http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=102066

Quote:Unfriendly
Empire of Kusari
Quote from laws of Bretonia topic in here http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=32168

means - even if there is a cease fire with Kusari Empire - it doesn't mean the open trade is allowed - in fact it isn't.

Quote:Please note that Kusari corporate vessels are not allowed to carry any goods within Bretonia space. Open trade with Kusari Empire is not allowed. All Kusari corporate vessels carrying any commodities within Bretonia space will be considered smugglers.
A quote from license office http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36185

The player you are adressing is still a Constable - he is still getting around and learning the ways BPA should go. The fact that he didn't know the actual post is simply because he is new in the BPA ranks and even though I don't expect anyone having the links noted to type them to you in space - if you feel you have been atacked without a reason - try to RP it out via communication channels - it's always a good chance to do some Roleplay topic which would actualy involve the Constable to participate in it. And in the end the same as we told you here you would be told inRP in comm channel.

I ll talk with this particulat Constable and he will try to improve...but I don't see anything really bad about his actions hell I would probably do the same.

Assistant Commissioner Barney Marwick , 3rd in command in Bretonia Police Authorities - head of Commerce Control Division.
If you go AFK in Space expect to go BOOM, BPA) are not in the wrong here!
I fail to find law that prohibits Kusari corporate ships to be in Bretonia. Could you actually point it out?

Oh, and Empire of Kusari does not exist anymore.

Edit: Oh. The "law" about Kusari corporate ships are in cargo licensing thread. How convenient to hide laws under the impression you will only find the goods listed that you need licenses for, no matter which ID you have.
' Wrote:Dragon's.Eye was me, and I had started a 100k-cruise, and alt+tabbed. The BPA killed me after he tried to get a response from me. I can live with that, even if I think it should have been obvious that I was afk. Still... He was well within his rights.

What I think was really poor of him, was the fact that he either refused or simply didn't know where to direct me to read about why he had stopped me in the first place.
I expect a more professional attitude from a BPA)-tagged player. At least an attempt to be helpful on the matter. Even if he hadn't found the info, I would have appreciated the effort, and left it at that.
Like I said...

' Wrote:Also you should know basic laws and reputation of your ID with the house you enter.

I don't expect anyone having the links noted to type them to you in space

I ll talk with this particulat Constable and he will try to improve...but I don't see anything really bad about his actions hell I would probably do the same.
You're absolutely right that each player needs to know basic laws. In this case it was quite easy, after all to find the info. And of course I don't expect anyone to type some linkadress to me in chat. That's why I didn't ask for that. I wanted the section where I could find it. House laws would have been quite sufficient. Maybe I was unclear too. And I might have done the same too, if the roles were reversed, but I would have taken the time and effort after to explain if the issue came up. That's all I wanted out of this. Getting to know exactly why I was stopped and popped. Now I know! I had checked for this in the laws, but it was too obvious. I never looked at the diplomacy. I only read the text. That's my mistake!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10