Discovery Gaming Community
Harvester - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Harvester (/showthread.php?tid=10647)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Harvester - Jinx - 07-29-2008

i agree with that... the ID card should make it possible for anyone to fly that ship that is flagged like it.

the suggested selling location is gammu / kappa - origin is supposed to be a rediscovered design that the zoners have brought back to life. - so, its a bit like the planets itself.....

they are flagged zoners, cause the zoners made planetfall there. - but they are considered "contaminated" or restricted for whatever reason - and no one really goes there ( we re all ooRP for docking htere and shopping )

a ship that is purchasable there might be linked to what zoners discovered, but its not "owned" by them as such. - they might be most likely to study it still - but it should be something generic

the infocard should state that it is a HIGHLY dangerous ship in terms of that its obviously a warship or something of that sort, and not really explored... so the john doe / jane doe wouldn t really get it for a fun ride. ( or in other words... get it only when you have a good reason - but you CAN get it then )

i m no good at writing up IDs - but that might be a simple guideline - so that the ship is usable by others but only the harvesters....

on OUR server though.... the harvesters can claim the design to be theirs, no matter what the infocard says - cause the infocard will be vague about that matter. - i don t like the idea of factions administring ships.... but since the harvesters are an open faction, things should work better than in invite only factions. ( or for that matter - should work fair )

Harvester - Magoo! - 07-29-2008

Hawt.

I think we need more ships like this. As much fun as Vanilla types are, if we can duplicate this in the form of a GB and Fighter, or just stuff like it, it'd be alot more interesting. Considering the Guardian, Avenger and Defender all look the same (+- a fin)... Well, it just gets kinda boring. Same with the Falcon, Eagle, Hawk, Griffin, etc. and the Drake/Dragons. Sure, Bretonia and Rheinland provide a substantial difference between designs, but the underlying monotony of fighting the same opponents in the same ships is still there.

In short, we need moar high-techy looking future ships of human-paste carrying proportions!

Harvester - ScornStar - 07-29-2008

I could work on the ID to make more generic. I got alot of help from folks on the last one, and really like what folks came up with but maybe a back up info card is better to have too.

Anyone want to give a crack at it fine post it here, maybe use the ID card info I posted as a guide line.

lets see what we get. I have no problem shareing but lets make sure its not seen in every system at the same time.

Maybe keep it to Machines and robotic nut scientist.

Heres what we have so far

Harvester - ScornStar - 07-29-2008

The H-AP-01 is a design by a machine intelligence on Gammu. It was designed to serve as the machine intelligence's face and hands. While the standard unit possesses no life support, crew quarters, artifical gravity, or passageways, it can be adapted to serve a veriety of AI intellects. This design is shared with all all non hostile machines and few bio forms. The cost to those interested in obtaining the ship, is being built into the chassis and effectively becoming the brain of this beast.

This is plan B if the other info card is found to restrictive.

Harvester - Jinx - 07-30-2008

here is the fighter that might be used - i think of it as either a protodesign of what was made aeons ago - or something rebuild from what was harvested.. ( but to keep things a bit more generic, rather an ancient design - sort of from the times ... before nomads )

[Image: harvesterfighter.jpg]

i would like to replace the marsflyer with it. - that would mean that this ship would have NO torp slot, but i could work with the cool effects applied to the marsflyer model - and besides.. the marsflyer is rather sad anyway.

it would get 5 lvl10 guns + 2 lvl5 turrets then.... along with an amazing powerplant, a below average agility / turnrate. - i d like to size it to around nomad assassin size.

Harvester - Dra1003 - 07-31-2008

' Wrote:here is the fighter that might be used - i think of it as either a protodesign of what was made aeons ago - or something rebuild from what was harvested.. ( but to keep things a bit more generic, rather an ancient design - sort of from the times ... before nomads )

[Image: harvesterfighter.jpg]

i would like to replace the marsflyer with it. - that would mean that this ship would have NO torp slot, but i could work with the cool effects applied to the marsflyer model - and besides.. the marsflyer is rather sad anyway.

it would get 5 lvl10 guns + 2 lvl5 turrets then.... along with an amazing powerplant, a below average agility / turnrate. - i d like to size it to around nomad assassin size.

Cool a ship my robot char IG-88 can use however it sounds like a bomber when you said below average agility

Harvester - sovereign - 07-31-2008

You can ask for a torp slot to be added, it just couldn't be taken away- with the insane bomber-like powerplant it has anyway, it isn't much of a stretch. SHF, biggest bang in the fighter class seems like something the Harvesters might like if they favor numerical survivability.

Harvester - Dra1003 - 07-31-2008

If possible id say get a LF and HF class ships for the harvesters

Harvester - sovereign - 07-31-2008

They don't need that many ships, remember that they prize efficiency and hull strength above all else- so an SHF and cruiser is just fine.

Harvester - Dennis Jameson - 08-01-2008

Wait, robotic nutjob scientist? :crazy:Seems liek christmas is comming early this year :P