Discovery Gaming Community
Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Rheinland (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: [RM] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=604)
+----- Thread: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9130)

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - mjolnir - 12-15-2008

Well very recently I don't have time to play at all (until friday that is :yahoo:), but even before that I admit I wasn't playing much on RM.... for reasons which you basically outlined yourself.

' Wrote:The existence of the Diamond-Niobium run and the proximity of Rheinland to many lawless systems, means that New Berlin sees perhaps more than its fair share of pirates, non-roleplaying power traders, and.. well (and I hate this word) noobs.

New Berlin, has become a total nest of idiots in the last few days, especially in the evenings (GMT), and is badly in need of de-lousing.

Yes the Diamond-Niobium run... which has a few "nice" effects.

1. Endless lines of traders with all possible ID/Ship/Tag combination rarely saying anything

2. Endless lines of pirates in Sigma 13 that jump over and run and jump back as soon as you came.
Meaning you can:
a) patrol the TL/JH, but then they jump back as soon as they get engaged or see that they might loose or
b) patrol around rest of Rheinland and get endless complains how you have a pirate in NB (which jumps out as soon as you get there).

3. Endless lines of BHG Caps "protecting traders" or shooting wild, mostly mouthy if you don't fly around in a BS..

---------------------
And one even bigger reason:

"Retarded" fights with Hessians, yes they are retarded, Odin is quite a big ship and doesn't handle extremely well, but it's still one of the fastest VHFs, Wrath turns a bit faster, responds a bit better but one less gun makes them quite close. But the vanilla vulnerability of the Wrath + hessian guns on the other side make all fights retarded. Every fight is about Hessians just aiming to down the shield (debs + natters) then drop nukes and cd them. I can't blame them for doing this, but it's really irritating to fight against that all the time, not to mention Loki + 4 debs +mini+nuke combo.

This is also the reason why Hessians vs Corsair fights stopped, they were simply too retarded. Yes you can say that the "vanilla" side can always bring just bombers... and then it gets even more retarded than before;)
(btw. for example CR vs Outcast fights are retarded in the same way yes, the difference there is that Sabre happens to be awesome now and Krakens are by far the best guns in the game, can't really say the same about Hornvipers which do same damage as lvl 8 Krakens for more energy :lol:)

I don't blame players for "exploiting" this, cause nobody ever fights thinking "oh you are in a fragile ship I won't fight so well"

So as in countless other threads I'd say.... wait until 4.85 :)

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - looqas - 12-15-2008

' Wrote:---------------------
And one even bigger reason:

"Retarded" fights with Hessians, yes they are retarded, Odin is quite a big ship and doesn't handle extremely well, but it's still one of the fastest VHFs, Wrath turns a bit faster, responds a bit better but one less gun makes them quite close. But the vanilla vulnerability of the Wrath + hessian guns on the other side make all fights retarded. Every fight is about Hessians just aiming to down the shield (debs + natters) then drop nukes and cd them. I can't blame them for doing this, but it's really irritating to fight against that all the time, not to mention Loki + 4 debs +mini+nuke combo.

This is also the reason why Hessians vs Corsair fights stopped, they were simply too retarded. Yes you can say that the "vanilla" side can always bring just bombers... and then it gets even more retarded than before;)
(btw. for example CR vs Outcast fights are retarded in the same way yes, the difference there is that Sabre happens to be awesome now and Krakens are by far the best guns in the game, can't really say the same about Hornvipers which do same damage as lvl 8 Krakens for more energy :lol:)

I kinda agree with you there. But to my knowledge when ever you have taken part in fighting against Hessians I seem to recall that you did not eat mines or other explosives. But it's only you and your flying skills. You are one tough bugger to track in furball.

The discrepancy between vanilla vs disco fighters do have some serious negative sides to RM (and to Corsairs in Titans). Eat one nuke and that's it. You are a sideshow at best after that.

Lately the revitalized fights between Corsairs and Hessians have seen a marked increase in bombers mixed there. Both Hessian and Corsair (especially them) side. And also gunboats have taken part.

But all the other new RM guys have a pretty steep learning curve if they want to survive nevertheless. I just look at Johann Brunhild, Malexa Malte and other later additions to the RM. They have toughed it out and become excellent pilots.

But if pilots make it through the "Topgun", that is being a Rekrut in RM all alone in Rheinland, I'll guarantee you'll fear no man in Disco.

^^ How's that for a recruitment slogan? :laugh:

Because the vanilla vuneralibilites the best fights against RM recently have been of mixed fleet big engagements.

Could there be interest for a specified event ot revitalise interest in RM?

And to do some good about the general situation in Rheinland RM really needs be present in numbers. A single (or even 2 or 3) RM pilots will just get over-run very quickly.

Mjolnir: I seem to recall that you have a gunboat. Why don't you come in that to RM side sometimes? A GB + 2 wraths is not that bad combo.

So my feedback: I tip my hat to ever single RM pilot. You are doing a valuable work.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Virus - 12-15-2008

Heh, heh.... Busy time for me. I'll be personally showing my face in-game more often in the following weeks and helping teach these new pilots how to jump over that brick wall of a curve.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - BeanzOnToast - 01-02-2009

Just wanted to say that it was awesome to be "pirated" with a bit more dialogue then simple "drop the contraband r dai". Even though at the end i lost all my artifacts (tried dropping just a few 1st but unfortunately it didnt work) and a turret ...

Definitely gonna smuggle through Rheinland a bit more now.

Btw - Malexa, my invitation for a drink on Freeport is still valid ... hope you'll join me:P

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Malexa - 01-02-2009

Hey Quozz!:ylove:

I looooove RPed smugglers like hell!! It was funny that you dropped off only a few Artifacts and Johann destroyed them so fast that I was about to think thats it! Jobs done!
Then I realzied that it was too easy to convince you, because you tried so hard to keep them.:lol:

Im sorry for your loss Sir. Its never easy to loose one of your loved ones.
Maybe ...sometimes in the future.....you may find a new one. The one you can love like the old turret.

And thanks for the good words about the RM and the newcomers like me. (Hmm we are getting older i think;))
We try to be nice and of course represent Rheinland as it would be. Mess around with Rheinlanders gets you a harsh tongue back:laugh:and messing around with us beeing in a liberty ship gets you a nice close view of space.:crazy: (And i mean ALL Rheinlanders on the List:rtfm:)

Thanks to all the boys and girls out there that make Rheinland a super RPed Sector.
(Yeah i even mean you Udo:lol:)

Your Malexa

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Durendal5150 - 01-02-2009

I can't seem to track down a recruitment thread for the RM, so does that mean this is acting as it? Or do I PM someone? >.> *Confused*

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Eternal - 01-02-2009

The simple fact that the RM and RFP are not active , affects factions like the Volksfront and LWB| abit inactive too , since we simply don't have things to do. Anyway , I hope this change in the next mode.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Durendal5150 - 01-03-2009

' Wrote:The simple fact that the RM and RFP are not active , affects factions like the Volksfront and LWB| abit inactive too , since we simply don't have things to do. Anyway , I hope this change in the next mode.

Oh, well I as told by a few RM that they were looking for new fighter pilots. >.>

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Cellulanus - 01-03-2009

' Wrote:I can't seem to track down a recruitment thread for the RM, so does that mean this is acting as it? Or do I PM someone? >.> *Confused*

Recruitment is done off site at rheinlandmilitary.com

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Blodo - 01-03-2009

You guys should honestly post a recruiting thread in the recruiting forum, that will link people to your offsite recruitment. Nobody really knows where to apply for RM, bet that's part of the reason why the flow of recruits is so sluggish.