Discovery Gaming Community
How to Save Discovery Freelancer - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: How to Save Discovery Freelancer (/showthread.php?tid=186712)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: How to Save Discovery Freelancer - Alicia.White - 06-25-2021

2 days and then a Cap?! That's to fast! I mean even I can't get the credits for it in two days.

RE: How to Save Discovery Freelancer - Lv25_Jigglypuff - 06-25-2021

(06-25-2021, 10:51 PM)mm33dd Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 10:42 PM)Kherty Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 10:33 PM)mm33dd Wrote: That's because the game is way too easy. That's why cap-ships must be a lot harder to get and PoBs shouldn't be available to anyone, the same goes to high-tech weapons and equipment.

Too easy? Yes, it's relatively easy but, AFAIK it's been the same during both the highs and lows of the server.
Caps are already a money sink. High-tech weapons are ridiculously expensive already. Cloaking devices, jump drives are expensive already. Making them harder to get will only increase the number of traders.

I don't see the problem.
Hence, more traders = more piracy= more lawfuls.
And for solving the " blyat! NNNOOO YOU KILLED MY SHEEP" ragequit issue, I strongly recommend a change in the in-game green advises.
Like instead of "We all were new players once..." get a "Space is dangerous, you could be destroyed, get over it"

Changing the in game stuff isnt gonna stop the crybaby pee pants. Too many participation ribbons and not enough winners and losers have hindered them.

Tho more traders do = more piracy and more lawfuls but then all the traders become police kill the pirates and then go back on traders while they are kept from systems because they got killed.

RE: How to Save Discovery Freelancer - Darius - 06-25-2021

(06-25-2021, 10:54 PM)Alicia.White Wrote: 2 days and then a Cap?! That's to fast! I mean even I can't get the credits for it in two days.

It's very easy. Should take about 6-7 hours of game time to go from start of the game to owning an LABC, for example. Once you get a 5ker it becomes extremely easy as you make roughly 50 mil per each trip if you trade ores. (And yes I intentionally not count armors as a thing since most new players aren't aware of them)

RE: How to Save Discovery Freelancer - Czechmate - 06-25-2021

The game has insane amount of money sinks...If you give me 100 Billion it will be gone within a couple months.

When it comes to new guys - I can talk about newbies in factions, and I don't think anyone would argue about my succesful track record. The reason for guys not logging as much without us doing specific events, RP, Farm runs is because the game is just super hard, they get killed over and over for months on end, without a single blue and then just get discouraged very fast and eventually quit if you fail to generate a lot of non PvP stuff to do for them that lifts their spirits and gives them some successes. If you play in regions with extremely lopsided balance (like Gallia) it ends up in a scenario where people just rarely log on their own without organized stuff because result is always the same.

You can call it disgusting scheming, but personally I just very often die to new guys on purpose after going all the way to both red bars, go out of my way to get them successes on my team, if it means piling vets or sacrificing myself where I didn't have to die - so be it.

The problem kinda is that they spend a long time to farm for a ship, then explore with it, and when they get bored and want to try PvP they get sealclubbed. Over and over and over and over again, after rising through trading and PvE for a long time they hit this huge wall. People will tell em to "git gud" but thet just quit because there are more fun PvP games out there. Games with matchmaking. how to fix it? PvP mechanics are shit, it needs to come from the goodwill of the community. But I'm pretty sure 90% + would look at the paragraph above this one and not only would never do those things, but would call me toxic for thinking they should be standard.

(06-25-2021, 10:57 PM)DariusCiprian Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 10:54 PM)Alicia.White Wrote: 2 days and then a Cap?! That's to fast! I mean even I can't get the credits for it in two days.

It's very easy. Should take about 6-7 hours of game time to go from start of the game to owning an LABC, for example. Once you get a 5ker it becomes extremely easy as you make roughly 50 mil per each trip if you trade ores. (And yes I intentionally not count armors as a thing since most new players aren't aware of them)

Speedrunners

(06-25-2021, 11:00 PM)Relation-Ship Wrote: The game has insane amount of money sinks...If you give me 100 Billion it will be gone within a couple months.

When it comes to new guys - I can talk about newbies in factions, and I don't think anyone would argue about my succesful track record. The reason for guys not logging as much without us doing specific events, RP, Farm runs is because the game is just super hard, they get killed over and over for months on end, without a single blue and then just get discouraged very fast and eventually quit if you fail to generate a lot of non PvP stuff to do for them that lifts their spirits and gives them some successes. If you play in regions with extremely lopsided balance (like Gallia) it ends up in a scenario where people just rarely log on their own without organized stuff because result is always the same.

You can call it disgusting scheming, but personally I just very often die to new guys on purpose after going all the way to both red bars, go out of my way to get them successes on my team, if it means piling vets or sacrificing myself where I didn't have to die - so be it.

The problem kinda is that they spend a long time to farm for a ship, then explore with it, and when they get bored and want to try PvP they get sealclubbed. Over and over and over and over again, after rising through trading and PvE for a long time they hit this huge wall. People will tell em to "git gud" but thet just quit because there are more fun PvP games out there. Games with matchmaking. how to fix it? PvP mechanics are *****, it needs to come from the goodwill of the community. But I'm pretty sure 90% + would look at the paragraph above this one and not only would never do those things, but would call be toxic for thinking they should be standard.

I was pissed too when I began the pvp hehe, but hey! I'm still here XD

> The problem kinda is that they spend a long time to farm for a ship, then explore with it, and when they get bored and want to try PvP they get sealclubbed.
Which, again, is why caps shouldn't be so easy to get. It's nobody's fault that a new player who (supposedly) has no idea what the game's balance is like goes into capital ship PvP and gets just destroyed. It's an issue with many other games. There is no fix for it, other than, as you've said, people willingly dying in PvP.

> The game has insane amount of money sinks...If you give me 100 Billion it will be gone within a couple months.
Not really, lemon, as not many players are as interested in playing so many factions. The average player just focuses on 2-3 factions at best.
As for the money sinks, the current ones are either ship equipment (which is how money sinks should work), or just stupid codes that are pretty much PvP upgrades. Not a lotta choices, tbh.

RE: How to Save Discovery Freelancer - Czechmate - 06-25-2021

What are you on about
Snubs are way WAY WAYY harder to get kills in. Hell in my career, I have probably like 5 VHF on VHF kills - out of that TWO in 3v3+ fights and I play snubs a lot these days Big Grin

Both are just as bad, lmao. Snubs are "whoever is better at throwing mines wins" while caps are "whoever strafes the most or has better desync wins" (important reminder: shift + w is also a valid tactic)

RE: How to Save Discovery Freelancer - StyleR - 06-25-2021

Relatively new outsider perspective

Started in mid 2019. But i literally went looking for a live server after watching some Star Citizen videos. But i don't think anyone can stumble upon this by accident. Visibility is low to none.

While a played a lot FL back in the day, this one was heavly modded from the vanilla but still a great game. Soon i figured it out - A small community where the oldest players call the shots and having every whim implemented in the game. Also a lot of drama. Instead of having less systems and going for the one singular unique story that rewards interaction it went the other way.. LOTS of systems, more spread out interaction and max water down. Factions expanded on this, still a good concept that went haywire; MORE factions, MORE subfactions and the game rewarded this and "officieldom" was a thing. I mean what? I still have no idea what is Gallia doing in this game..and for a long time it was not even on the system map.. Talk about separation and ingame sects. You're trading for 10 years and you're rich? Why not make your own little faction and then a subfaction of that faction? Spend more time on forums using anime pics and some self-serving log then an actual ingame time. Wat?

This closed the gate for any newcomers or indies having to come, chill and try a game. Wanna be casual, log in on the weekends and play? No, this is not for you! You must follow some random 10 years RP story line that you were never a part of and submit to the official faction, if you were an indie player with the same ID. I mean what? Not to mention indie ingame restrictions. To sum all of this up, the 20 player community had characters in every faction and i could not really get into it knowing it's all the same players just logging in and out as they please. Nobody has a main anymore. And then the devs had to "spark up activity" in some area with some artificial story.. The snubs mess was another deterent. Now i see the same 20 people that have a closed community and monopoly on everything commenting here on how to "save disco". How ironic. Can post pages of problems but ill stop here. This is my personal take on it and i know a few people that tried it in the past year and got tired of it real soon.