Discovery Gaming Community
K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Nomads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=190)
+----- Forum: Slomon K'Hara (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+----- Thread: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back (/showthread.php?tid=134512)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Piombo65 - 02-07-2017

(02-07-2017, 08:59 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Then he has to fly back or, even better, doesn't dock there. You can make multiple ships for multiple locations. Smile

And if he wants to refill in that station but after he must immediately return to omicrons?

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Sombs - 02-07-2017

I think you can answer the question yourself.

(02-07-2017, 09:06 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: I think you can answer the question yourself.

EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehm....... no.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Sombs - 02-07-2017

Taking that gate is a one-way-ticket, just as it always was. You don't use it and then suddenly decide to go back. You use it to place your K'haras all over Sirius and log something else in case of nomicron defense. Or you use the gate and just don't dock anywhere, so when you die to hostiles or convenient approach of planets or suns, you move back to Nomicrons. Or you just fly all the way back, as K'hara has the benefit of the infinite cloak. All it takes is a maximum of 30 minutes this way.

Using that gate should be a real decision, not a "Eh, no, I better move back" or "Yay, moving back and forth using insta-teleport!"

Apart from that, don't you think it would look weird if suddenly a new nomad gate pops up in populated space? ;3

Boh, I don't ask for reset the "House" gates. The Gate in inverness is good. And anyway, you can have all types of cloak you want but if anyone wants to find you you'll do it at all costs! Examples? Today with the raider EHM... I mean... "Sovereign" and I some days ago where I wanted to do RP with ORG| but a A/) squadron decloak me and attack immediately ganking me.

[19:33] Piombo65: Attack delcaration immediately "Neither the time to say -fuck you-" <- Quote XD

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - nOmnomnOm - 02-15-2017

I am quite upset. Reading the post from the mindshare account on your lore, I had expected a bit more.... "meat on the bone". I am not sure if its just a work in progress or not, but the nomad official faction should not for example conclude artifacts to be simply just "broken paperweights". First of all, that implies they can be "working paperweights" and second of all, its simply lazy of you.

How about the part where they are storage prices? You did not take that into account did you? There must be a reason researchers are risking getting these things to Manhattan by the bucket load. Out of all people, it should be you guys that should say a few things about the alien artifacts.

That's just one out several things I found that the lore took up a half arsed approach.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Ryummel - 02-15-2017

(02-15-2017, 04:09 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: How about the part where they are storage prices? You did not take that into account did you? There must be a reason researchers are risking getting these things to Manhattan by the bucket load.

Quote:infocard
ARTIFACTS

Remnants of an alien civilization that existed long before humanity crawled from the ocean. The particulars of each individual Artifact vary, but archeologists and scientists have been unable to determine their function; for all intents and purposes they appear to be inert chunks of crystal and metal inscribed with decorative patterns. A thriving market for Artifacts has sprung up over the years among art collectors and the social elite looking for a new status symbol.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - nOmnomnOm - 02-15-2017

You do realize that that description is from the human's point of view, right?
This is literally why I am saying that the nomad official faction should post what they actually are since they are not the humans and therefor have the insight.

Does that make sense? The infocard wont tell you what they actually are becasue it says that "scientists are unable to determine their function". This implies the info-card is written very vaguely and from a human's perspective.

Also yeah your bolded message says social elite, but also there are researchers becasue it mentions them in the card.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Ryummel - 02-15-2017

Perhaps you will simply have to live with the fact where (the vast majority of) artifacts are actual inert paperweights since the people behind the "nomad official faction" came to said conclusion after carefully reading and analyzing every available infocard and document elaborated by Digital Anvil.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Slomon K'Hara - 02-15-2017

Discovery wiki? Hows that going? maybe all the minutiae about relics can be put there where it should be.

Also. deal with it.