Discovery Gaming Community
Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event (/showthread.php?tid=148652)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Teerin - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 12:49 PM)Omicron Wrote: The Order| as far I consulted is not happy with state of event as it is now. I was personally denied any possibility of any imput, all details were established by HF, Auxesia, Sindroms and Teerin (dev lead) only.
(03-12-2017, 04:36 PM)Jayce Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 03:08 PM)Omicron Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 03:04 PM)Durandal Wrote: It's worth noting that this was something @Teerin had actually discussed with @Omicron. That isn't hearsay; I've seen the logs.

Then I was effectively forbidden from input, denied any ability to consult it with anyone else by devlead himself and entire thing had not even got a green light from me.

So what?

My opponent now has to consent to being BOMBED?

Didn't know Conn rules applied through the rest of the server.

I consulted all sides of the event at the same time (roughly one month ago), and I did gather input (from the Order included) on how the event could be run and concluded. Unfortunately, there was only so much information I could collect, as everyone I spoke to (aside from one, but they'll remain unnamed to protect the guilty) was acting incredibly childish about their concerns and the intentions about the other side.

During this whole time, I was actively conferring with @sindroms. After the conversations I was having with the others became less productive, lacking in courtesy and maturity, we decided to go forth with the event using our own alterations to the proposal. This included six (6) slightly different endings to the event, depending on how each side performed against the other. The event could have been very beneficial for the Order or Auxesia, or even a relative stalemate if the scores were close.

(03-12-2017, 01:17 PM)Petitioner Wrote: I find it interesting how folks in general seem to support the idea of player roleplay being impactful, but individual manifestations of roleplay consequences are shouted down before they can even begin.

"Events, with player-driven lore-affecting results? Yes, but please don't even risk harming my stuff."

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Jeremy Hunter - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 04:27 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 02:31 PM)Chrono Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 02:28 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 02:10 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: knowing that Order| and GG| and their indies are very rarely logging and even more rare operating in Inverness.

What's the point in having Atum around in Inverness then, if Order rarely plays there?

Whats the point in having Galia, if nobody ever plays there?

P.S. Nice avatar~

Damn you, fair point. Time to fire things up in there too. Also, thanks.

Though there is still a difference between multiple assets distributed roughly evenly throughout a non-Sirius-wide ZoI than most of assets lying in a certain region with a single ship far away in a Sirius-wide ZoI. Inb4 drawing parallels between Order and any Gaul faction.

(03-12-2017, 04:04 PM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote: I demand the amount be lowered. This isn't a request. This isn't fair. What's done is done, but 500k is hands down the most ridiculous amount for THE SMALLEST BATTLESHIP CLASS BESIDES THE TOGO.

(03-12-2017, 04:10 PM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote: I'm sorry, that's ridiculous and frankly biased to ensure you get 100 kills before what little we have (considering it is locked to the Order IDs only) gets even a tenth through it.

Why not raise the required kill score up to 250 or sth instead? Sure it may be unrealistic (another thing defying IRL logic, yes), but on the other hand both activities reward more cash in total if kill score is raised for balance instead of trade score lowered.

I would be willing to accept an increase in the kill count, as I am still working on a comm or two and I don't know how many transports I'll get in the end.

(03-12-2017, 04:27 PM)Gagadug. Wrote: The official stance of HF is what Justin said before.
I didnt take part in planning the event since the lead changed only recently so this is mainly based on his work and accordingly he had the word here.
Also apologies for the late answer but I have to work today of all days so I might answer late to forums/skype.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - sindroms - 03-12-2017

Considering the overall attitude of the participants involved on both sides, I am pulling the plug on this event.
Expect the next one on the beginning of the next week.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Jeremy Hunter - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 04:53 PM)sindroms Wrote: Considering the overall attitude of the participants involved on both sides, I am pulling the plug on this event.
Expect the next one on the beginning of the next week.

I apologize for making this harder. I was actually working to salvage the Order side with other indie factions and Order| allies before someone mentioned this.

Oh well...

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Kauket - 03-12-2017

Doesn't help how the Admins just literally don't care.

Thanks.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - sindroms - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 04:58 PM)Auzari Wrote: Doesn't help how the Admins just literally don't care.

Thanks.

Yes, that reminds me.
You are not getting the NEMP refunded.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Durandal - 03-12-2017

Thanks for shutting things down after I got things sorted with the Order's 2ic, Ghost, Sauron, and everyone else who mattered and was willing to cooperate involved. I do love having my time wasted.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Apollon - 03-12-2017

G freaking G.

Way to go after getting this sorted between faction leaders.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - TheSauron - 03-12-2017

Here went the plans to actually go and fight. Welp. Maybe next time.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Kauket - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 05:01 PM)sindroms Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 04:58 PM)Auzari Wrote: Doesn't help how the Admins just literally don't care.

Thanks.

Yes, that reminds me.
You are not getting the NEMP refunded.

Not respecting the community is a contribution to the issues...

Oh well. RP can still be had.