Discovery Gaming Community
Hidamari Sound Mod - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Hidamari Sound Mod (/showthread.php?tid=24369)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Hidamari Sound Mod - Hidamari - 05-25-2011

Thanks Guys, your support is welcomed and appreciated.

@Charos,
you downloaded a music mod of mine? Id like any feedback you have on it in the appropriate threads:)I dont get alot of feedback on them

Hidamari Sound Mod - Cawdor - 07-18-2011

ya hai.

so.

I have just installed your mod, but I thought it would never be too early for some feedback (nerd)

so, the EK sound is a bit too long IMO.

k.

Hidamari Sound Mod - Ingenious - 07-18-2011

' Wrote:so, the EK sound is a bit too long IMO.

Hidamari Sound Mod - petko - 07-19-2011

Most of the weapons sound like cannons and machine guns from WW2, in my opinion I don't think it suits Freelancer.

Aside that everything else is absolutely fantastic, great job.

Hidamari Sound Mod - Sand_Spider - 07-19-2011

Any news on updates for certain ship sounds? (Like for instance transport engines)

Also, I am derpish and have no idea on how to dump the old "incoming missile" alert and put in the new one. Mehbeh update the mod so it's already fixed?;)

A bunch of the 8.33's sound nearly or are the same. Any chance at some differentials between some of 'em? And a SNAC with a reload sound to signify when the next shot may be fired would be nice, sorta like the Mortars and such on cap ships (Obviously it'd only follow the refire rate. Lower core bombers would have to wait a bit longer after the sound in order to fire).

Hidamari Sound Mod - Hidamari - 07-20-2011

' Wrote:so, the EK sound is a bit too long IMO.

thanks for your feedback:)

although it may seem this way at first because it is new, it isnt really noticable after a few days.

' Wrote:Most of the weapons sound like cannons and machine guns from WW2

Aside that everything else is absolutely fantastic, great job.
aye, all but the Snac sound are projectile weapon sound effects, because i prefer bullets over lasers, and unless you copy sounds from starwars or Star trek games (both easily recognisable as to their source) then there arent that many really cool lazer sfx that ive come across.

im not sure what else there is if you didnt like the gun sfx:Pbut thanks again.

' Wrote:Any news on updates for certain ship sounds? (Like for instance transport engines)

Also, I am derpish and have no idea on how to dump the old "incoming missile" alert and put in the new one. Mehbeh update the mod so it's already fixed?;)

A bunch of the 8.33's sound nearly or are the same. Any chance at some differentials between some of 'em? And a SNAC with a reload sound to signify when the next shot may be fired would be nice, sorta like the Mortars and such on cap ships (Obviously it'd only follow the refire rate. Lower core bombers would have to wait a bit longer after the sound in order to fire).

there are no decent sfx for transports as of yet, since i dont really buy many games now i dont get the chance to aquire any new stuff to update this mod with.

to change the missile alert you must go to your freelancer user interface sound folder ( Freelancer\DATA\AUDIO\SOUNDS\UI ) and replace the sfx called ui_incoming_missile.wav with the one from this link

also on regards to effects that sound the same, before I modded the game, there were only 5 or six different gun sounds, 1 for each energy type the player can use, then the pulse weapons on stations and turrets transports use, and capital ship battlerazors, that was it.

when i come across new SFX to put in the mod I will do so, however my mod will be different to your mod because i will have things that ive put in but not updated because it wouldnt be worth the hype to update the mod for only 1 or 2 things.

this is a good example of something I have that the public do not

' Wrote:A SNAC with a reload sound to signify when the next shot may be fired

this was added a long time ago in private, due to slowed work on this project it remained private.

if you watch the some of my videos you may here a "beeep" sound at some points during snub fights, this is because the Liberty Magma hammer uses the same SFX as the Snac, so after 17 seconds has passed (if they havent fired again) a beep sound will be heard, for a bomber this would be when the next SNAC may be fired. like you say low energy bombers have to wait longer due to energy recharge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQxMR590juQ

In the first 4 seconds of my latest video, you hear the reload for a SNAC weapon, you do not get a beep every time you shoot with a magma hammer, only if you dont shoot again for 17 seconds because the last shot overwrites the sfx of the shot before it.

Hidamari Sound Mod - Fletcher - 07-24-2011

I've recently installed this sound mod, and I must say, I'm bloody loving it so far. It makes the Splitter guns on my Clydesdale sound like a space shotgun. And it gets me really into a fight.

The subtle sound changes are sweet too, I've yet to test on all of my ships, but I really enjoy this package so far.:D

Hidamari Sound Mod - Ege Skywalker - 07-30-2011

got it ! I will try it:)

Hidamari Sound Mod - MathiasCZR - 09-11-2011

I need help, I download the Hidamari Sound Mod and put it in the Freelancer Mod manger and I was able to activate the sound mod but it doesn't work in-game and i have no idea what to do, I can go on the file itself and listen to the different modded sounds, but still the main problem is I have no idea how to make it work in-game.

Can anyone help me?

Hidamari Sound Mod - Silmathien - 09-11-2011

Discovery mod already activated?