Discovery Gaming Community
The Bear's Cave - Sedona Station, Baffin (Formerly Freeport 14, Yukon) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: The Bear's Cave - Sedona Station, Baffin (Formerly Freeport 14, Yukon) (/showthread.php?tid=50472)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Blighter - 02-26-2011

It took her a moment to register Rhade's question.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"How am I supposed to be holding up, comrade Colonel."

She didn't even look at Rhade. Wasn't necessary to look him in the eye so he'd understand how wrecked she was mentally.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"Just die already, whiny broad."

She whispered, repeated what one of the men, the comrades she had fought earlier, Nikolai Peklovic, had said to her. She hadn't gotten the answer for her questions back then. The "why". Why they couldn't have left them alone, why they had come here, why all this had to happen. She didn't have any real answers of her own, just the little sliver of knowledge telling her it all was, or seemed to be, Volkhan's fault.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"I'm a whiny broad. I'm holding up by drinking myself into a stupor and trying not to think."

One big gulp of Vodka followed as Captain Gidardet joined them at the table and spoke..

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"I'm just trying to forget what happened Captain. I lost track of the reason I'm fighting hours ago."

It made her want to vomit.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Jam - 02-26-2011

Gidardet sits next to Alissa.
"Break the barriers. Or is it too hard for you?" He looked at Rhade with worried face.
"Comrade Colonel?"

[font=Palatino Linotype]"What barriers."

[color=#FFCC44]She asked more to herself than to Gidardet, then washed it down with the rest of the bottle's contents. Her eyes searched for a waitress, and finding one she held up the bottle.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"More Vodka."

The waitress didn't hear, but understood. The seconds without more alcohol seemed to stretch into infinity.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Switchback - 02-26-2011

Andrew walked into the bar a bit late,noticing the high ammounts of pilots, from Zoner to Freelancer to Coalition.

Victory cheer? hrm... i have not heard one like this in a long time...

walking over to a empty table, Andrew signaled for a waiter

Ah, can I get a steak or somethin? oh, and a beer. Thanks.

As the waiter walked off with his order, Andrew looked around, trying to pinpoint who was who in the very
busy bar.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Jam - 02-26-2011

"Beat it dear." Gidardet taps her arm.
"It is hard for all of us. Especially me." He looked down, and took a deep breath.
"Oh, Colonel Rhade. All birds are in the nest. I hope you know what do to."

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Dancing Bears - 02-26-2011

War always depressed Lev. He was smart, and sensitive, probably the reason he spend so much time dulling his emotions with so many different intoxicants. He looked out over his bar... he knew the odds. He knew many of his customers would not be making it through the next battle, and even fewer the battle after that. He knew he would have new, young customers, full of dreams of honor and noble action. "If only the knew there was nothing honorable or noble about combat. Just stupid, dumb, idiotic killing. No glory to be found there poor boys." Lev mumbled under his breath to himself. Lev had to get to someplace a bit more comfortable, and he began to make his way to the stairs to his office.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - arvg - 02-26-2011

[Image: Byk.png]

"Comrade Lev," Pasha called, in his arms a large box that jiggled and clinked like bottles.

He huffed as he set it down on the bar, reaching inside and tugging out a bottle of the Coalition's premier Vodka AKDOVODKA. Sturdy bottles that had weathered the war so far, to come such a long way.

"Compliments of the General, he regrets that our men... caused you problems, da? He hopes this from his private stock will fix the problems... and if anyone disobeys again, the General advises a long walk out of the airlock for the offender."

Pasha smiled warmly, "I thank you for your hospitality, and your kindness in letting us rest here a while."

She tried to ignore it. The tone. The friendly tap on her arm. It didn't match. Nothing here matched what she knew and had learned. With how things should be. And with how things had gone.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"With all due respect, comrade Captain Gidardet, it's not that easy."

She kind of had forgotten about Rhade sitting across the table, and that built-up stress was starting to surface in a really bad way now.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"Just a couple hours ago the Jackal turned into a fireball. Everyone dead. Gone. Our comrades, all of them, dead and gone, killed by none less than our countrymen, countrymen out for our own blood."

The waitress was on her way back, but she knew better than to come closer as she saw Alissa stand up.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"And I still don't even really know why, I don't know s*** but the little bits I got told by Alvarez and Rhade a day ago. I just know I got shot at by our own, I shot our own. S*** I ain't heard jack about Alvarez now, nor Katz, I've heard nothing at all, I just got shot at and shot my own people!"

Way earlier she was approaching a possibly very unfortunate end at light-speed. This was similar, even if the way was different.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"And you can order me to shoot them. You can order me to kill them. You can order me to fight."

Faster than the speed of light.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"But you can shove it up your ass and "beat it" yourself because I'm sure as hell not going to, dear comrade Captain Gidardet."

She got up from the table, mad, fuming. The waitress was standing still, just quietly observing, a little shocked maybe as Alissa snatched the next bottle of Vodka from her tray and made off for the hangar bay.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Wolfs Ghost - 02-26-2011

He slumped back in his chair, pushing the glass towards the middle of the table before doing so. He knew it'd be a while before the answers came to him. It always seemed that way when he got himself into these type of situations. Then again, amongst the people here, he was after all the outsider.

The thought didn't phase him a bit really. He kept his eyes on the unstable pilot that he was just flying with, watching her emotions toil with her, it seemed she finally had it when she got up and snatched a nearby bottle off of a tray then proceeded out of the bar. He slide the chair back a bit and was about to stand but decided against it.

Now sighing to himself lightly. "What mess did I get into this time?" He mumbled lightly.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Dancing Bears - 02-26-2011

Lev looked at the bottles for a moment, he pulled one out and told the bartender to stow the rest in his personal stock. "My thanks to your General, and to his messenger. And if you would pass a message to your General for me, you can tell him that I pray that he can find a quick and peaceful solution to your problem, and return your family to its proper state of unity. War is awful, but a war between brothers makes the stars themselves weep. I pray for the safety of all your men, those here, and those on the other side of the line. All of your lives are irreplaceable. Again, my thanks for the booze, and the income, although I would gladly trade them both so that your men didn't have to go out on their next sorties. I am sorry, I am going to have to be going up to my office, it hurts me to be around the soon to be dead for so long."