Discovery Gaming Community
The Green Hell Beergarden - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: The Green Hell Beergarden (/showthread.php?tid=6728)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

The Green Hell Beergarden - DeathsOverture - 12-04-2010

A stocky dark-skinned man approaches his guests. Since their last acquaintance, Gregory's hair has turned several shades whiter...

He nods to Matt, "The bar maiden said I might find you all here. I love this spot myself. When the simulated sun rises in the caverns, the fog over the reservoir masks the cavern walls. The cool night air lingers into the morning, soothing my senses. I might as well be sitting on the banks of a planetary lake." Gregory pauses, realizing who is in company.

"Mister Ravenov, I apologize for my tardiness. My crew and I narrowly escaped a group of bounty hunters in the Arran. They are most obnoxious."

He turns to Sequoia and hesitates for words. "Lovely."

"Druce, if you'll come with me just a moment."

He takes Druce aside to catch up.

The Green Hell Beergarden - Kontrazec (Somni) - 12-05-2010

*Jonah enters the room with a blissful look on his face.He then climbs a barstool,and hangs what seems to be a string of beads,feathers and other odd stuff over the bar.He then walks off to a corner table,giving Gregory and Druce a slight bow while passing by them.*

The Green Hell Beergarden - Kontrazec (Somni) - 12-05-2010

*Jonah ponderously clicks his flute open from around his dreadlock.In a smooth movement,he closes it back with a sharp snap,and places it close to his mouth as if deciding what to play.He then starts a slow melody,one that awakens great sorrow in the hearts of the listeners...but as his melody progresses,he starts using lively,vibrant tones,going higher and higher...This goes on for some hour or two,his melody constantly changing,and shifting,but never quite going out of tune.It is almost as if he were reading an invisible note-chart.*

The Green Hell Beergarden - etiainen - 12-06-2010

"I agree with ya, Sequoia.", said Druce, politely trying to ignore the curves revealed by her loosened gown. As he clears his throat to speak his mind, he hears his superior, Gregory Hunt, finally arriving at the scene.

"Ah, g'day, Gregory. Yes, most certainly." he greets Gregory with a smile portraying his relief on his arrival. then turns to the rest of the lot: "Please excuse us fer a moment. I'll need ta brief Mr. Hunt 'ere of what we have yet went through, what there is yet to discuss, along with other things that have happened lately. Please give us a few minutes and we shall return." He then stands up and walks away a bit farther with Gregory.

The Green Hell Beergarden - The Banger Grim - 12-06-2010

Banger, busy being high & zoning out for the past few minutes (or was it seconds?) snaps out of it & states:

Before everyone else wanders off, I can tell ya Eriksson, I'm willing to assign a security detail to your pet 'Sair in order to up the odds of his safety around here, but I can't 'for the record' guarantee it.

Let your boy know that the ice he walks on by taking the lift down here to Level 66 is thin, & to be on his best behavior moreso than normal. If he can do that, he should be able to return home intact.

Understand that there exists an extreme prejudice against Corsairs among a sizable segment of our population down here in the caves.

Just know & understand that, Ok? OK.

Also, listen to young Miss Sequoia here...she has some excellent points that are totally unrelated or attached to her mammaries

(although the cooling evening air makes those other points clear on her)

"$#%*, did I just say that last part out loud?"

"Pardon?" Sequoia asked the old man

"Nevermind" he replied.

The Green Hell Beergarden - Kontrazec (Somni) - 12-06-2010

*"...excellent points that are totally unrelated or attached to her mammaries" - Hearing that,Jonah abruptly stopped playing and locked a confused look on Banger.That went on for a looooong five seconds,followed by Jonah exploding in a salve of histerical laughter.*

The Green Hell Beergarden - ErikssonJeny - 12-07-2010

Well Mr.Hart if you really want to hear the entire story about the Cretans and the Zoners, I'd tell it to you. As I would to the whole group, but I don't think it will make a significant impact if I don't...

The Green Hell Beergarden - sadtranslation - 12-07-2010

[Image: Izzysit.png]
"I suppose it's what we all should know to make a choice, Erik. We can't lock ourselves up in our little world both physically and informationally"..

The Green Hell Beergarden - ErikssonJeny - 12-09-2010

Well, if you insist. *sigh*

It started in September 818 A.C. right after the incident with Guild Core when their capital fleet assaulted Freeport 11. In that time while the Zoner Alliance still standed, Zoners were attacked by terroristic group known as the "Omegas Halifate" - first in Omegas, then in Omicrons too. They appeared to be a radical group of Corsairs attempting to disrupt the peace between two sides - Zoners and Corsairs and set the chaos around. The whole stuff was also powered by bounty on Zoners set by a certain Outcast and finally resulted in Zoners stopping regular food shipments to Crete due to the danger.Nobody expected that just a few weeks later Corsair Elders will simply use this incident to justify the open hostility towards Zoners all over the Omegas and Omicrons. To be honest, it was a massacre. First time it was a knife in the back during collapse of Zoner-Bretonia relations in Omega-3, that forced the fallout of Zoner Alliance, then in Omicron Theta. Both times there were capital fleets mortairing the stations, both times there were casualties. Many of them. Men, women, children, a lot of innocent people who died because of something going mad.

It's not a conspiracy. We know that in those times when half-a-Sirius was shooting Zoners for those large bounties Corsairs just declared Theta their space. And mass murder seemed to be a suitable argument for them. Three Freeports were massively assaulted. I don't call it war. I call it genocide.

Finally, can you imagine who became Corsairs closest friend and partner on those matters? The well-known Bounty Hunters Guild with its secret capital fleet located in deep space. That's why it's all getting too far and should be stopped.

The Green Hell Beergarden - sadtranslation - 12-09-2010

While Sequoia listens to that she slowly becomes even more sad then sad panda. It's well known that sad pandas are bad and sad. So Sequoia was as sad as a rain cloud. She fastened the buttons on her dress with some kind of melancholic abstractness, cough and added, - "I need a glass of water".

Then she stared at Gregory with that well-known look that represented a mixture of "But they are so cute!" with "Will you let it go?" and a little pretty local disaster.