Discovery Gaming Community
An extreme decision - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: An extreme decision (/showthread.php?tid=146480)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: An extreme decision - Eurobeat - 12-24-2016

(12-23-2016, 11:56 PM)Caelumaresh Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 11:53 PM)Laura C. Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 11:47 PM)Caelumaresh Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 10:20 PM)Laura C. Wrote: Though it´s likely only Duvelske behind the hacking.

Judging from what he tells me on skype this is indeed the case. As for why, he seems to hate Alley with such a passion that he decides its best to just ruin it for us all.
That´s really sad. But I wonder if he will realize that result of what he does is basically turning Alley in the all time hero of the community, just look in the recent threads. If he will continue, majority of communtiy will likely start to worship her soon. So I don´t think this is good way how to take a revenge on somebody...

I already asked what he hopes to achieve, couldnt get a really clear answer.
When i pointed out that what he is doing is against hte law here in the netherlands, and even confronted him with the penalty for doing it (at least a year of jail and a fine of about €10.000 or higher), yet it didnt seem to get into his skull.

That tends to happen when people with the mindset of a 6 year old don't get what they want.

RE: An extreme decision - Jack_Henderson - 12-24-2016

(12-23-2016, 11:56 PM)Caelumaresh Wrote: I already asked what he hopes to achieve, couldnt get a really clear answer.
When i pointed out that what he is doing is against hte law here in the netherlands, and even confronted him with the penalty for doing it (at least a year of jail and a fine of about €10.000 or higher), yet it didnt seem to get into his skull.

Interesting.

RE: An extreme decision - Alley - 12-24-2016

(12-23-2016, 11:53 PM)Laura C. Wrote: That´s really sad. But I wonder if he will realize that result of what he does is basically turning Alley in the all time hero of the community, just look in the recent threads. If he will continue, majority of communtiy will likely start to worship her soon. So I don´t think this is good way how to take a revenge on somebody...

I'm not really looking to be "worshipped" though. I only care about keeping this community alive and keeping to my quiet spot doing stuff when I have time to do it.

Duvelske being butthurt about me is quite a non-issue considering I didn't even vote or have a say in any way in the ban of GamerGirl. I haven't been involved in admin business in ages outside of technical issues. The dude is just poorly trying to find someone to point fingers at for actions that he commited himself.

GamerGirl could have continued to play just fine if they didn't start pulling cheaters in to do their dirty work, what's really sad is that he fails to realize that.

RE: An extreme decision - Wesker - 12-24-2016

Breaking the law, cheating, threatening in pm to get what you want.

And I'm the one with "toxic" behavior.

RE: An extreme decision - ActivistA - 12-24-2016

Hi all and best wishes!

English is not my mother language so I'm not sure to understand all aspects
occasional player I have prolly more distance and don't share what I could understand

Problem is *2* cheaters? Are they just cheating ingame or hacking the server?
If just cheating just ignore them, they will get tired soon

But this server closure when xmas holiday is giving those 2 cheaters so much importance (except if they are hacking the server itself)

Token won't stop those kind of cheaters.

Trial account will hurt the game much more then those 2 stupid cheaters.

Thanks to the team for the server, boards and game,
Merry Xmas all!

RE: An extreme decision - Smokey - 12-24-2016

(12-24-2016, 12:21 AM)Wesker Wrote: Breaking the law, cheating, threatening in pm to get what you want.

From what i've seen an overexagiration from buthurt individuals

RE: An extreme decision - Smokey - 12-24-2016

(12-24-2016, 12:33 AM)ActivistA Wrote: Hi all and best wishes!

occasional player I have prolly more distance and don't share what I could understand

But this server closure when xmas holiday is giving those 2 cheaters so much importance (except if they are hacking the server itself)

Merry Xmas all!

You have to understand the way the game works to know the 'goings-on' as it were, the cheating is done client-side(I.E from your own computer) it's not hacking, it's exploiting

Let them carry on.. the community is stronger than a lot of others out there

RE: An extreme decision - Pepe - 12-24-2016

(12-23-2016, 02:35 PM)Alley Wrote: A forum account will be required to request the token.

1. this changes everything. Right of discretion is a nice thing, but no Internet benefit was abused more than that one.

2. registering forum acc in order to play I can't describe as extreme. It's mandatory for many decent games and we will finally have it too. Kudos.

3. pushing newbies to register means they will have a chance to read rules before start playing. I suggest some short version that would be easy to read before clicking "I Agree". Full version they could read later (and please make SERVER RULES be the dominant button at the homepage).

4. not urgent, but there should be a lot to do in Pennsylvania while waiting for a token, like making first credits by doing NEW missions. I suggest low lvl missions with short tutorial how to fly, use gates, trade, mine and shoot. Newbies that played vanilla would jump right to better-paid missions. Those should have rules tutorial, something they couldn't learn in vanilla. We all forgot our RP is deep and hard to understand in compare to other games.

5. in case all this is too complicated, let new players know for sure: who Angels are and that we have a forum chat with many polite players who can help.

6. new players should be informed ON TIME that speaking English is very important here. Letting them to make a billion without saying a word just makes them perma-lolwuts. It's hard to leave at that point and forget all the effort.

7. Kudos to our friendly cheaters who forced us to make a better game

RE: An extreme decision - Hubjump - 12-24-2016

(12-24-2016, 12:21 AM)Wesker Wrote: Breaking the law, cheating, threatening in pm to get what you want.

You know most of us are joking right?

RE: An extreme decision - Dr Hooligan - 12-24-2016

(12-24-2016, 12:33 AM)ActivistA Wrote: Hi all and best wishes!

Merry Xmas all!

You guys need to pay attention to comments like this. There is more logic in this than what you are proposing. Don't shoot yourself in the foot over a couple hackers. It's a really dumb idea. And if you are looking for a tool to help with cheaters, here is an open source tool I use. I am sure if your devs are any good at code they can make this open-source project work for them too: http://www.botman.nz/

I hardly if ever even see a cheater on my servers.