Discovery Gaming Community
Can we please change the snub changes back? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Can we please change the snub changes back? (/showthread.php?tid=147221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Kaze - 03-01-2017

(03-01-2017, 01:30 PM)sasapinjic Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 01:16 PM)Bloodl1ke Wrote: Thing is, Jack, when the Aux slot still had torp and when missiles were still (pre-aux update) a thing I noticed most of the newbies didn't know how to use those either and pro players knew how to abuse them really well.

Thats the two-edged sword for Pro Players , if they kill newbie with double missile/torpedo trick , they actually show newbie how to do it ! xd
Once killed like that , was enough for me to learn how to do it to ! (sun)

See? Undock and die, learn. Rinse, repeat.

<3

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Sombs - 03-01-2017

Quote:Missiles were an equalizer. A necessary one.

+1

The moment I realized we won't see missiles, that have worked well for years, ever again, I cancelled conn and stuck with Solaris Missile Gunboats. :^)
The only really sad thing about it is that the Labraid is useless currently. But hey, there is always people to touch a running system. ;3

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - sasapinjic - 03-01-2017

(03-01-2017, 01:31 PM)Titanium Wrote:

<3

Yep , but after missiles/torpedo's are gone , i am back to useless in snub , so i dont fly it anymore . *sigh*

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Backo - 03-01-2017

(03-01-2017, 01:31 PM)Titanium Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 01:30 PM)sasapinjic Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 01:16 PM)Bloodl1ke Wrote: Thing is, Jack, when the Aux slot still had torp and when missiles were still (pre-aux update) a thing I noticed most of the newbies didn't know how to use those either and pro players knew how to abuse them really well.

Thats the two-edged sword for Pro Players , if they kill newbie with double missile/torpedo trick , they actually show newbie how to do it ! xd
Once killed like that , was enough for me to learn how to do it to ! (sun)

<3

To be honest I wasn't even talking of instakill loadouts but more the exact moment you're supposed to fire them to hit without being CD'd or when to CD the enemy's face. Newbies always spammed them which made facing them really easy. Pros on the other hand knew exactly when to use them to avoid the CD spam and still inflict damage.

I personally welcome missiles/torps making a return, I never used a MR and don't have one mounted on any of my VHFs. Guess I'm not a pro. Sad

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - sasapinjic - 03-01-2017

^ Yeah , i get what you meant , but like i sad , without Missiles/Torpedo i cant even take shield down in snub , so i stick only to turret steer/zoom out ships .

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Stone21 - 03-01-2017

The so called "pro" pvpers aren't pro if they cried about missiles and torpedoes killing or damaging their ships.
A real pro pvper doesn't whine about some tracking missiles because they know ways to avoid them.

Reading the so called "developer" comments, I see you really love to sit in your own tiny box where there are no tracking missiles. Very well, do not ever return the tracking missiles, you will see what it will happen, give it time. You will end up with only those so called pro pvpers ~10-20 players who are incapable of firing countermeasures or dodging a missile and are also too scared to die in case they do a wrong move. Great work, keep at it!

Those "idiots" from Digital Anvil and Microsoft Studios added these 3 types of missiles in order to give every single player a chance to beat a better player and vice versa. These were used as an alternative and were very well promoted during the game story. By removing them you just made the game one sided.
It looks like you're designing the mod now only for your friends.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Calo - 03-01-2017

(03-01-2017, 03:57 AM)Haste Wrote: And yeah, the Maxim needs some work, but I'm not sure how.

Remove it. I already stated why:
Quote:Maxim Chaingun is failure for the very same reason on why capital weaponry got their firerate reduced: lags. Mount two Maxims on SHF and fire - and players around you will get ping chokes.

Ping is crucial for snubs as even milisecond of lag makes you killed. When someone fires a weapon that server-client connection can't handle pretty much and you die to it, it's not just unfair but shows how broken the idea is.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Xalrok - 03-01-2017

Quote:Maxim Chaingun is failure for the very same reason on why capital weaponry got their firerate reduced: lags. Mount two Maxims on SHF and fire - and players around you will get ping chokes.

We suspect that most of the Maxim's lag may be caused by its firing animation, which can be seen by other players, rather than the refire. So information to rotate the barrels and possibly their hitbox get sent across people's connections 16 times in one second.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Emperor Tekagi - 03-01-2017

(03-01-2017, 08:16 PM)Xalrok Wrote:

We suspect that most of the Maxim's lag may be caused by its firing animation, which can be seen by other players, rather than the refire. So information to rotate the barrels and possibly their hitbox get sent across people's connections 16 times in one second.

I bet my Starflier with 3 Maxim's is a lag hell then..
I think if properly balanced and the animations causing lags (if really needed) get in some way fixed the Chaingun can stay.
Though like most people I believe we need missiles to come back. The system as it was, was good and could have been rebalanced instead of completly purging it.

Amusingly said pvp vets should never had a problem when even I never had one with missile or torp users and there is honestly no real gain made from the current auxiliary weaponary system.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Foxglove - 03-01-2017

Currently, there are two things that really tipped the balance for PvP fights: The fact that weapons with higher refire rates are less energy efficient now, and the removal of tracking missiles. There is no reason why any of this happened. The system has worked for the entire time before and literally nobody asked for this to be changed. I've seen more than one person log Solaris/Missile gunboats (which are still tracking, btw, aren't you going to remove those as well and be thorough?) just because flying snubs is absolutely pointless to them now. Maybe I am in the minority in this, but this is the hill I'll die on when I say that this is the worst direction the balance could've been taken to.

Readd the missiles. Repeal the recent changes to snub weaponry.