Discovery Gaming Community
[Infopage] Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: [Infopage] Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=135495)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Enkidu - 08-10-2018

(08-10-2018, 04:30 PM)Skorak Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 04:25 PM)Tænì Wrote: I appreciate Skorak might be away right now

What?

You went a bit inactive in the comm channel and you didn't respond to my administration query on discord. Assumed you had RL.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Enkidu - 08-22-2018

Alright, your faction leader, who is also an admin, doesn't respond to anything I ask about them since this whole derpy war thing started off. I'm currently doing a Bering revision, which would be fun if they responded to me about anything I ask about it. Anything, not as in everything, as in: several weeks of not replying is not acceptable. "Go away", if you don't want to be contacted, is. Clarification is important.

There's also Separatist people in UN chat, for god knows why.

Then you spend any kind of ingame interaction decloaking on UN with battlecruisers, switching to superior VHF numbers, then hugging that PoB which basically turns Freeport 2's pirate IFF base into a Seperatist IFF base because screw all the UN ships which are currently docked there and now can't get off. Case in point: Right now.

I'm trying to struggle UN up a cliff back into life, here. We're having good encounters in Rheinland. Bering is just another "here we go again" drudge. I have to excite new members into joining, and I am putting all of the current RP attention and focus into this conflict, so please, behave at least moderately towards the faction that has done the most RP with you historically, and not behaving cancerously by abusing POB mechanics.

Be fun. You are a faction created out of thin air, so you have an extra responsibility to be fun. I had half my members leave when this whole war started off, so I need to persuade them that there's ways this thing can be enjoyable, and that UN isn't just a disposible prop in the development of Skorak's RP project. That's a cynical view that I don't possess, but it's what a lot of my people had. To the point I am currently spending billions buying back shared ships from said members, because they're stressed by the whole Harmony situation and no longer find UN a fun way to spend their evenings.

Remove all the weapons platforms. Remove them, so actual PVP can happen. Inexplicably MARSHALL| has POB weapons platforms, and that's an NPC base. Wtf?

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - DarkTails - 08-22-2018

For Bristol shooting you, you know very well by how freely you floated about the freeport that it doesn't shoot on sight. You shot the base by deciding to fight us next to our heavily defending trading hub, shot the base and got destroyed by it's defences.

Skorak is a busy man, I've been handling most things in his absence as a normal 2iC would but I cannot reply to things directed at "Victoria Knight". As for the buttcloaking, that's not something I had known had happened before I logged on being told "UN snubs in Bering." When I asked about Erika, I was simply told it was dead. This member will be reprimanded for his actions as this is not something I tolerate, it is, as you said, bad form.

I know there are UN ships docked on the Freeport. That's why it doesn't blast you the second it sees you. I also don't recommend shooting the Marshall PoB to try to attract our attention. I was half tempted to have that handled accordingly.

(08-22-2018, 02:11 AM)DarkTails Wrote: For Bristol shooting you, you know very well by how freely you floated about the freeport that it doesn't shoot on sight. You shot the base by deciding to fight us next to our heavily defending trading hub, shot the base and got destroyed by it's defences.

Skorak is a busy man, I've been handling most things in his absence as a normal 2iC would but I cannot reply to things directed at "Victoria Knight". As for the buttcloaking, that's not something I had known had happened before I logged on being told "UN snubs in Bering." When I asked about Erika, I was simply told it was dead. This member will be reprimanded for his actions as this is not something I tolerate, it is, as you said, bad form.

I know there are UN ships docked on the Freeport. That's why it doesn't blast you the second it sees you. I also don't recommend shooting the Marshall PoB to try to attract our attention. I was half tempted to have that handled accordingly.

You've effectively got a -no-PVP-allowed zone around a base that, according to the storyline, Harmony does not own. Freeport 2 is meant to be somewhere all unlawfuls in the system can go. It isn't.

Why on earth Marshall has POB defence platforms when it isn't a POB is completely beyond me. Meanwhile, Pacifica has a AI-novice (or whatever the term is, not going to pull up Freelancer Mod Studio to check) cruiser armed with fighter turrets that provides only 65 degree coverage and cannot penetrate shields.

Basically it's the worst system for gameplay right now I've ever fought in. Ever.

I do appreciate the response to the buttcloaking, thank you.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Kauket - 08-22-2018

(08-22-2018, 02:13 AM)Tænì Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 02:11 AM)DarkTails Wrote: For Bristol shooting you, you know very well by how freely you floated about the freeport that it doesn't shoot on sight. You shot the base by deciding to fight us next to our heavily defending trading hub, shot the base and got destroyed by it's defences.

You've effectively got a -no-PVP-allowed zone around a base that, according to the storyline, Harmony does not own. Freeport 2 is meant to be somewhere all unlawfuls in the system can go. It isn't.

Why on earth Marshall has POB defence platforms when it isn't a POB is completely beyond me. Meanwhile, Pacifica has a AI-novice (or whatever the term is, not going to pull up Freelancer Mod Studio to check) cruiser armed with fighter turrets that provides only 65 degree coverage and cannot penetrate shields.
I think it's time to call your Red Hessian allies to get rid of that POB problem.

(08-22-2018, 02:15 AM)Auzari Wrote: I think it's time to call your Red Hessian allies to get rid of that POB problem.

I've talked about this extensively with Wesker. He offered the idea. I don't really want to blow up the base because Harmony put a lot of work into it. Also, Hessians have no ZOI in Bering.

I just want PVP around Marshall and Freeport 2 to be possible, just as it is around Pacifica. Base defence platforms are meant to block sieges, not to be used to obstruct areas of space. The problem here is that the system's primary points of interest are obscured by the PoB arcs. Raiding is impossible without excessive numbers that would be harmful to gameplay anyway.

Also the Irony of getting shot by defence platforms you helped build.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - DarkTails - 08-22-2018

There is a PoB section of Marshall Station as the base is, still a Player Base with an NPC attachment. Marshall still exists as a PoB with it's unique model.

The no-pvp-zone you refer to is essentially applying to everyone that shoots the base. The base shoots entirely in self defense if it's shot. The base is essentially neutral to all with exceptions to people it doesn't allow to dock. The primary issue is that your ships are now using a base in contested space that both factions will utilize instead of your own in the system. The area was even 'recognized' as under Harmony control before this war took place, and now that war has occurred, it makes no sense to maintain ships docked on it as Union pilots and crews would know full well Harmony and Separatist forces fully inhabit the common space near the area.

The weapon platforms will not be removed, and the base will remain as a neutral entity in the area. I'm not going to put the only active trading hub for military salvage thats open to just about everyone at risk because it's suddenly not okay to you now that you can't simply assault us at the freeport. Now you're in the same way the Navy. Fight us in open space, not around the common moor point.

(08-22-2018, 02:21 AM)DarkTails Wrote: There is a PoB section of Marshall Station as the base is, still a Player Base with an NPC attachment. Marshall still exists as a PoB with it's unique model.

The no-pvp-zone you refer to is essentially applying to everyone that shoots the base. The base shoots entirely in self defense if it's shot. The base is essentially neutral to all with exceptions to people it doesn't allow to dock. The primary issue is that your ships are now using a base in contested space that both factions will utilize instead of your own in the system. The area was even 'recognized' as under Harmony control before this war took place, and now that war has occurred, it makes no sense to maintain ships docked on it as Union pilots and crews would know full well Harmony and Separatist forces fully inhabit the common space near the area.

The weapon platforms will not be removed, and the base will remain as a neutral entity in the area. I'm not going to put the only active trading hub for military salvage thats open to just about everyone at risk because it's suddenly not okay to you now that you can't simply assault us at the freeport. Now you're in the same way the Navy. Fight us in open space, not around the common moor point.

Treat people badly and they'll treat you back badly. I've been constantly lobbying for fair fights here. The problem is that you have a permenant "safe zone" in two parts of the system, and discovery PVP is not designed for safe zones. In dire irony, Military salvage was meant to be a mining commodity for Unioners. It's in the game because I perked the thing. Now there's two bloody POBs in the way.

They also do not "fully inhabit Freeport 2". You can't just randomly take over crap as if you are the storyline devs. Freeport 2's infocard says nothing of the sort. It's partly why UN hasn't built any bloody defence POBs in the last two years; because the community's been aware since the start of the POB plugin that such ZA'esque behaviour simply leads to abuse.

You have staff members in your faction. You know better. Apply the same standards to yourself. Because all that happens is if you annoy me by disenfranchising our member base to give yours somewhere snuggly to fly around in, is no more RP events. No more shared development of the story of the Bering system, and ultimately, no interactions in the system as nobody will want to interact with you.

Are platforms worth that?

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Kauket - 08-22-2018

(08-22-2018, 02:25 AM)Tænì Wrote: The problem is that you have a permenant "safe zone" in two parts of the system

POBs are temporary

sometimes you just have to kill the child you raised before it becomes a genocidal maniac, we all know what happens when diplomacy fails

(08-22-2018, 02:42 AM)Auzari Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 02:25 AM)Tænì Wrote: The problem is that you have a permenant "safe zone" in two parts of the system

POBs are temporary

sometimes you just have to kill the child you raised before it becomes a genocidal maniac, we all know what happens when diplomacy fails

They're core four and UN can only field three battleships max, by an admin locked limit I consented to, because I thought that made sense.