Discovery Gaming Community
4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: 4.86 Release Date and Teaser (/showthread.php?tid=69772)

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - NixOlympica - 12-09-2011

' Wrote:Yeah, this video is really nice. The only problem is that it's only theme-related to the mod itself.

Of course it is, destruction of Toledo much?

It's based on 86 events.

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - jammi - 12-09-2011

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - shemkel - 12-09-2011

Hey, I like bloom effect too:)

But it's not what the teaser should be - at least in my oppinion.

There will be more RP related videos later and maybe I'll add some bloom to it too xD

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - NixOlympica - 12-09-2011

' Wrote:With no offence, that had no ingame footage and was roughly 89% bloom effect. :/
Didn't look anywhere near dramatic enough for the destruction of Toledo. :mellow:

Also there are things called CGI trailers :mellow:

That green planet is the new Order home by the way

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - jammi - 12-09-2011

' Wrote:Also there are things called CGI trailers :mellow:

That green planet is the new Order home by the way
CGI or no, it still wasn't dramatic enough to capture the spirit of the event. One Osiris got smoked. That's hardly terror of planet-destroying proportions.

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Zelot - 12-09-2011

Geez, I wish I could curse at you guys for just one day. Seriously, people put in work, for free mind you, to help develop a game you get to play for free, on a server that is guess what, free, and what do you do? Criticize and complain about the work? Geez.

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - shemkel - 12-09-2011

Criticism is nothing bad. I'd love to hear more criticism if it's constructive. I'm aware that this video is far from perfect.
However, I'm not sure if this is the right thread to discuss tastes and technical stuff.
Focus on new features and things related to mod itself.
Ammount of work and time needed to make such teaser is just nothing compared to ammount of work and time devs put into the mod itself.

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Don_Paco_Corleone - 12-09-2011

' Wrote:Geez, I wish I could curse at you guys for just one day. Seriously, people put in work, for free mind you, to help develop a game you get to play for free, on a server that is guess what, free, and what do you do? Criticize and complain about the work? Geez.

Critique should simply
And beware of cursing, you get it yourself 3 times faster return
You need to accept criticism Zelot, otherwise you are not worthy admin.
And then I speak from experience.

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - escopton - 12-09-2011

' Wrote:Geez, I wish I could curse at you guys for just one day. Seriously, people put in work, for free mind you, to help develop a game you get to play for free, on a server that is guess what, free, and what do you do? Criticize and complain about the work? Geez.

+1 to this

On the other hand, if all the non-dev, non-mod, non-admin members of this community just blindly followed every and each of your desicions without complaining, well sir, that's where power corrupts people who hold it.

You should Kudos constructive criticism.

For the destructive one, you have sanctionlancing.

Back on the topic... I am so anxious to see dockable ships!

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Mao - 12-09-2011

Yeah! And I blame Zelot for this!