Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

World of Tanks - Crackpunch - 01-31-2012

' Wrote:KV-5

There's your problem. The KV-5 is a plague far worse than the Type 59.

Why? Because it can be killed by a Tiger II (a tank of the same tier) without the Tiger II taking any damage. This is due to the tier 7 gun it mounts (other tier 8s can mount tier 9 guns).

It's attractive to noobs because it has really high armour rating. Except that a tier 5 gun can pen the front of the tank because there is a massive weakspot (good thing WoT doesn't tell the noobs about the weak spot when they go to buy it... not).

So really, you've got a big target that can't deal damage and is threatened by every tank on the field. Whenever I see that one or two of the tier 8 tanks in the battle on my side are KV-5s, I facepalm and curse their existence.

However, with the release of the pitifully armour french tanks, the KV-5 has something of its on tier that it can <strike>kill</strike> penetrate.

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 01-31-2012

That KV-5 gun is THAT inaccurate? I mean the target was within 50m at the most.

World of Tanks - globalplayer-svk - 01-31-2012

when someone wish, type me there... globalplayer.... (surprised ?:D)
on EU server.

' Wrote:That KV-5 gun is THAT inaccurate? I mean the target was within 50m at the most.

It's like a .37? That and the driver was most likely 7 years old.

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 01-31-2012

' Wrote:It's like a .37? That and the driver was most likely 7 years old.
Kids and tanks, never a sound combination.

World of Tanks - ryoken - 01-31-2012

KV5 is a great tank if used properly. I have killed Tiger IIs 1 on 1 in it. Know your enemies weak spots. Plus i like to angle against building to keep the "weak spot" covered. I have got 120K in KV5 1 game.
My hanger below.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x238/ry...12/shot_052.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x238/ry...12/shot_053.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x238/ry...12/shot_054.jpg

World of Tanks - Hades - 01-31-2012

' Wrote:There's your problem. The KV-5 is a plague far worse than the Type 59.

Why? Because it can be killed by a Tiger II (a tank of the same tier) without the Tiger II taking any damage. This is due to the tier 7 gun it mounts (other tier 8s can mount tier 9 guns).

It's attractive to noobs because it has really high armour rating. Except that a tier 5 gun can pen the front of the tank because there is a massive weakspot (good thing WoT doesn't tell the noobs about the weak spot when they go to buy it... not).

So really, you've got a big target that can't deal damage and is threatened by every tank on the field. Whenever I see that one or two of the tier 8 tanks in the battle on my side are KV-5s, I facepalm and curse their existence.

However, with the release of the pitifully armour french tanks, the KV-5 has something of its on tier that it can <strike>kill</strike> penetrate.
Sorry, it can actually destroy any other tier 8 one on one.

You need to know tank weakspots, being:

Tiger II, the lower glacis plate or the commander's cupola (or the sides, really)
IS-3, the lower glacis plate (man wot sure hates these for some reason), the small driver's hatch at the verrrry top of the frontal plate, below the turret.
Lowe, lower glacis plate (wtf man)
Ferdinand, lower glacis plate (i think i see a trend here)
T-28, ....lower glacis plate (at least I think it can pen there)
ISU-152, honestly, not very sure. I'd place my bets on the lower glacis plate, though I'll try to investigate it thoroughly.
VK4502(A), again, not very sure since this tank is fairly rare on the battlefield, will try to look into it pretty soon once Lob gets hers perhaps, but i'd try the lower glacis plate.

' Wrote:Sorry, it can actually destroy any other tier 8 one on one.

You need to know tank weakspots, being:

Tiger II, the lower glacis plate or the commander's cupola (or the sides, really)
IS-3, the lower glacis plate (man wot sure hates these for some reason), the small driver's hatch at the verrrry top of the frontal plate, below the turret.
Lowe, lower glacis plate (wtf man)
Ferdinand, lower glacis plate (i think i see a trend here)
T-28, ....lower glacis plate (at least I think it can pen there)
ISU-152, honestly, not very sure. I'd place my bets on the lower glacis plate, though I'll try to investigate it thoroughly.
VK4502(A), again, not very sure since this tank is fairly rare on the battlefield, will try to look into it pretty soon once Lob gets hers perhaps, but i'd try the lower glacis plate.

If you drive a KV-5 I would like to challenge you to a duel with my Tiger II. Unless you've got prem ammo, it is still very difficult to pen the Tiger II's glacis plate with the 107 zis.

Edit: I see you watching the thread, LET US COMMENCE BATTLE!

World of Tanks - ryoken - 01-31-2012

A new tactic that also works now is shoot ground under lower front glacis with HE. It treats HE for full damage when you do. Counts as hitting under tank armour, which in next to nothing.

As For ISU-152 can pen it anywhere. The armour sucks.
VK4502A also anywhere. It has worst tier 8 armour of any heavy in in class.
T28 even lower will bounce. Left side front however has a weak spot, and hatch is paper. Best is track it, and hit sides though.

World of Tanks - VoluptaBox - 01-31-2012

For what Ryo said, to add to Hades' post:

Aye, ISU can pe penetrated pretty much everywhere, and the T28 will bounce pretty much everywhere frontally (except the hatch). As Ryo said, track, flank, enjoy the fireworks.

I do disagree about the VK, however. You got the AufB so you've obviously played it, but I am playing it as well. The armour is exactly the one on the Lowe, which is not bad at all. I actually got more Steel Wall awards on the VK than, say, on the IS3. I tend to bounce quite a lot, because people indeed think it's made of paper and don't bother aiming. That and the fact that it's rather easy to angle equal in a lot of bounces. Fun tank <3.

I'll post shots of my garage soon, can't get in game right now.