Discovery Gaming Community
Memorial thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Memorial thread (/showthread.php?tid=48570)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Memorial thread - lw'nafh - 09-06-2012

I miss Sprolf. The game wasn't the same without him.

And Jameson, too...

And Bear... Rest in peace, bro. :<

Memorial thread - SparkyRailgun - 09-06-2012

' Wrote:I miss Sprolf. The game wasn't the same without him.

I'm sure he had fun ruining other games, though.

Just today I was missing Eyvind again, when I was contemplating joining DSE) again.
With him gone, the faction just doesn't hold any value to me.

Memorial thread - Narcotic - 09-19-2012

Zaza and The.Old.One

Raiding Gamma everyday.
Has been so much fun, playing together with them.
One of the few things, I'm totally missing.

Rubber Duck

Convoy misses you!:ylove:
Words can't express how much I enjoyed those Liberty runs, being constantly drunk.
Get back here, will you!

Silver DNA

What a "night owl". Spending the nights with our Steelworkers was so much fun.
I'll miss those times.

Terrance Cooper

The fagmiral. You cyber-fanatic. Thanks for the PvP lessons in RM!
It helped quite a lot. And RP'ing was always fun with you.

Landers

I'll never forget the "Krupptown-Era", which brought so much fun and lulz with it.

' Wrote:P.S. Speaking of shadows, has anyone seen Monstar?

21.04.12, and we ruined his silent comeback.

RE: Memorial thread - ACER_SPACER - 10-22-2012

I have been gone for far too long. The Army just took up so much of my time. I read this thread, and people that I have known for a long time are now gone. Eyvind, man. I was his first security division pilot, back when DSE was simply Duchess Industries. We made DSE from our own two hands, with me and a few others backing him up all the way. I miss Johann, he helped me so much in the RM, and was something of an inspiration. Sprolf, always great to me. Cawdor, always fun. Fletcher always was good in DSE, and was a good poster. Hyung Soong. Tenacity. Reverend Del. Too many greats. Man, it has been a long way since 4.74. You will all be missed.

RE: Memorial thread - Wolfs Ghost - 10-24-2012

LeMaitre - He was a great role-player, and practically ran all of Bretonia while he was the leader of the BAF.

RE: Memorial thread - Yber - 11-03-2012

Ronnie Rayburn. My first friend in discovery, the guy that taught me everything about it, the one who was there in the worst and the best moments alike, the person I trust most in the whole inet universe, a good commander, a better teammate and the best friend.

I don't know what happened to you, but you'll always have a place in my memory.

[Image: adios2.jpg?v=1334323214593]

RE: Memorial thread - tansytansey - 01-12-2013

(12-08-2010, 11:01 AM)Varyag Wrote: Onyx Wolff - We were like the Dynamic Duo of New York

Was browsing this for nostalgia's sake, but after reading this now I have to post.
I remember flying with you guys a LOT with insanely rediculous brawls in New York, must have been back in 4.84 I think, when the BH Gunships were rediculous and bombers weren't garbage. Watching Onyx 1v1 a Gunship in his Falcata was bloody beautiful. Learned so much from that guy, and missed him dearly. .:BW:.

Other people I have fond memories playing with;
Draya Kirillov/Orin was probably the first person I ever 'connected' with and made friends with in the game. Had a lot of good times.

Sindy was another great guy, even if I didn't agree with a lot of things he did or decisions he made.
Also have to put a nod in to Boss, the third of the Barghest Pilot Greats, even though he forgot me in his list of people, jerk ;)

Admiral Talon & (Vice) Admiral Hale, me and Orin had a number of scrapes with you guys. Joe was always a respectful guy I could turn to when I needed help or advice on something.

Admiral Talon's brother, forget what his name was now, but he was the first law enforcement person to ever be sympathetic toward Ashes' circumstances by which she arrived in Liberty branded as a criminal, but the rp never kicked off since he disappeared. It was still a memorable moment, the time he helped me escape a capship gank and hide out in the Badlands just chatting. Really helped define Ashes as a character early on.

Del was always sort of like a grumpy, yet loveable old uncle. I still think Sylpheed is one of the best characters ever. I never really played with him much, mostly chatted on skype.

Ryeguy did a lot to help me and the LR, all round great person. Ditto with Khelric, memory is hazy but I'm pretty syre Ryeguy recruited Khelric, and he quickly became an important member of the faction. Trustworthy and like-minded, yet with a vision of his own.

Zig, fun guy to play with. Never understood why he always brought me along on his rampages, I was terrible at this game. Learned a lot from him too, had some good times. He could never stick with one character for long. Lost a lot of faith in the community for repeatedly beating down his ideas due to his stigma as a PvP-oriented player. He was a far better RPer than most. Red Barons had a lot of potential.

JakeSG, mostly for skype conversations along with Gourgia and Bauer and whomever else was around in the LR at that time.

Tycho, pretty cool guy, had a lot of fun rping, pirating and dueling with this guy. One of about 3 people that I knew whom were better than me with a Gunboat in my prime.

TOG| Tears of Gaia, funnest faction ever, trade route updates killed it. We made over 100 million credits in a single day off traders without firing a single shot, or making a single threat.

And that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

RE: Memorial thread - Jeremy Hunter - 01-12-2013

I think Omicron said him alreaey, but I'll say him again.

Vap/The Bunny Lord. While not my first friend on Disco, he and me made my first faction, the Preservers. It was also where good old Michal Golanski got his kickstart after the TOP wing 8-|

Miss ya man. Wish he was back q.q

Then Orin. Only spoke with him on Skype, but he was a great guy. Wish he'd be on Skype again Sad

Dangen. I miss that guy. He'd appear out of nowhere one night. Then the next. Always changing his shipname. Was always fun, seeing and wondeeing what his next rename would be. Was a great guy, helped me a lot with learning the ropes around here.

That's my memorials.

RE: Memorial thread - Reid - 01-12-2013

I miss Alvin, he was a great guy and would help you with anything

RE: Memorial thread - Reptile - 01-14-2013

Landers and Anne :3

They are best in RM.

They unite officials RM and indies to big fleet and fight together.
They helping all players,doesnt matter or they noobs or mad.
Sad that now RM big fleet is dead already.