Discovery Gaming Community
Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Rheinland (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: [RM] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=604)
+----- Thread: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9130)

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - DartStriker - 02-14-2010

Hello, I just recently joined the Rheinland Military and created my first character. When I read over the Field Manual on page six the naming convention says [RM]Name.Last name but on the forum naming convention it says [RM]Rank.Name.Last name. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to use here so I followed the field manual. I made an [RM]Name.Lastname and was told by a helpful RM member I need to include rank before my name. So if it is true you need to rename your character to include your rank does that mean there is a 7 day period between rank advancements because you can only change your name once every 7 days? Sorry I couldn't find an answer to any of these questions in our extensive library of documents.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Malexa - 02-14-2010

hehe yeah, the good old field manual.....i really need to get some time....oh wait to get a lower rank!....to do it.
I mean to change it so its up to date.

I am sorry for the trouble. Just stick to the current name for now and if you have a set up a Wrath with an RM IFF and ID, hand in a promotion request to Gefreiter in here : http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55283

Malexa

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - DartStriker - 02-14-2010

Vielen danke! I will be turning in my promotion request soon.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Gold Wing - 02-16-2010

Greetings,

Speaking from the Gold-squadron regarding the latest event near South Dallas Field in the Texas system.

First of all, fantastic battle, your Pilots are very skilled in combat. We respect that you let two of our Pilots back in to the battle after a disconnect crash.

However, there is only one problem, and that is the main reason we are visiting your Feedback thread. This is the second time now, where the Rheinland Military wing suddenly retreats (which is fine) but then decides to state that they have "secured the data". We, the Gold Squad, might not have all the information regarding what you did prior to the battle as well as what this data actually is.

We will however say this - It feels as if the Rheinland Military wing have already "won" before the battle has even occurred, because regardless if we win the fight or not, the "data" has always been "secured". We would like to have some more information why this is conducted.

Once again, fantastic battle and you have honorable pilots.

- Members of the Gold Wing

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - aznremix416 - 02-16-2010

Hello,

I can understand the situation, and I am sure you are aware of our current inter-faction RP event going on. As this has only happened 2 times, I assure you it wont be consecutive. Ill talk to the V boys about it, thanks for the input

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Jihadjoe - 02-16-2010

Not a problem Frankie. I spoke with Dennis about it. To us at the time, it seemed like a fairly cheap way of turning defeat into a victory of sorts, but it's not a problem at all.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Malexa - 02-16-2010

Thanks again for pointing that out.

It is of verry high importance we get this sort of thing well working.
Otherwise you have people gaining intel like playing cops and robbers as we were 10 years old again.

"Boom! you are dead!"
"No I am not!"
"But I shot you!"
"No, i have a bullet proof vest!"
"No you don't!
"Sure I do! and I am invincible too!"

We should get the recon RP straight.
If any side manages to take the pictures and reaches their checkpoint unnoticed, they can claim a few things for their reports, if a fighter makes it home in one piece.
If you get intercepted before you reach the spot where you want the intel from, then you can't claim to have anything usefull. Except nice pictures of Avengers blowing off your tailpipe.

I think the common sense gets through to every pilot out there in the dirt. :D

Malexa

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Delusion - 02-17-2010

The following is voiced by one of the Valkyrie Pilots, Wolfgang Spielman:

Since I was the one who stated the data being secure, as well as being trusted with writing the report on the events, allow me to introduce my approach and intentions regarding the whole situation:

Our mission was mere scouting of some Liberty-controlled systems, involving Bering, Hudson, Texas, Pennsylvania and an accidental venture into Puerto Rico (most of which remains unknown to us, as well as the system's name and the affiliation of the inhabitants).

We managed to obtain intel on Hudson, Bering and Puerto Rico, but we were interrupted by our commander's technical difficulties and one of our fighters who fell behind and got ambushed, no matter how much we tried to avoid attention. So, we were forced to help out.

My intentions with the "data" we secured were the following:

I wanted to do a report on the discovered parts of Puerto Rico (supposing it's a hidden production facility of an unknown entity) and a part of Bering. My ship had all the data on board, as it was on the side of our commander, who couldn't continue the mission because of technical difficulties.

In the fight, my records got damaged, so I would have submitted a flight report containing partial informations, made up names and blurred screenshots, as well as totally "losing the data" in some cases.

I believe the RMHC already approved of me doing so, but if the representatives of the Liberty Navy have any objections due to it being OORP, I will not submit a flight report.

You see, even though we were defeated, my ship was damaged, but not destroyed. So the data being damaged, but not destroyed would be quite logical, I think.

~[RM-V]Wolfgang.Spielman

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Zeltak - 02-17-2010

Just reading about this whole incident, I think it's quite fine by the RM side to have certain data intact. However, yes, the fact that you were intercepted and damaged would have some consequences.

Although, this statement seems rather reasonable if you ask me:

' Wrote:You see, even though we were defeated, my ship was damaged, but not destroyed. So the data being damaged, but not destroyed would be quite logical, I think.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - schlurbi - 03-24-2010

A Question before I start discussing about that what is kind of bugging me. Can I see your Roster, with all the Members and their Character Names and such.