Discovery Gaming Community
Sins of a Solar Empire Ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Sins of a Solar Empire Ships (/showthread.php?tid=10241)

Pages: 1 2 3

Sins of a Solar Empire Ships - ian - 07-10-2008

IF it is possible and people are allowed one ship i am purly deadset not to see in Freelancer and that is the Advents Mothership ^_^

Sins of a Solar Empire Ships - Leo - 07-10-2008

Well, as long as the powerups are not added with the models...

If they are I'm going to be blowing up people's anti-matter containers with the Radiance all night and day.

~Leo

P.S. Even if a model is too big for Freelancer, we can simply shrink it down to fit FL BS and Fighter standards.

Sins of a Solar Empire Ships - Cawdor - 07-11-2008

No more imports. Never. We have enough talented modelers here. I don't see any reason why we should steal these models.

Sins of a Solar Empire Ships - Cyro - 07-11-2008

' Wrote:No more imports. Never. We have enough talented modelers here. I don't see any reason why we should steal these models.

That's the word! Already those Homeworld ships are annoying.

Sins of a Solar Empire Ships - Donutman - 07-11-2008

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!!!!!! no more imports!!!! WE ALL HATE THEM!!!!

Sins of a Solar Empire Ships - Leo - 07-11-2008

' Wrote:no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!!!!!! no more imports!!!! WE ALL HATE THEM!!!!

Would have been easier for you to say no...once. Using it that many times consumes 0.1% bandwidth...ouch.

~Leo

Sins of a Solar Empire Ships - ian - 07-11-2008

' Wrote:I don't see any reason why we should steal these models.

steal is such a strong word.

technically everyone who creates a mod and used the original stuff has stolen. if the developers didnt want people to use them then they would allow people to openly create mods for SOASE and actually advertise about them themselves now would they? no :P

besides we are not talking direct-converts they would obviously change a bit and besides no offense but half of discoverys entire ship line is directly from other sources! including BSG, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5 and Farscape(i think not sure on the last 2 though) and god knows where else they find them from

given that half of them are being replaced but half of the ships from SOASE would fit in brilliantly with Freelancer as several of us have said i mean for example:

Kodiak Heavy Cruiser could easily be turned into a gunboat of some sort
Light Frigate could be turned into a Fighter
Dunov Battlecruiser could be turned into a transport or a replacment for the Alby (that is if we didnt have a replacement)

all because they could be converted doesnt mean they will fit into the exact same roles and ultimatly could be very beneficial

Sins of a Solar Empire Ships - Praetyre - 07-11-2008

Actually, there's fairly active projects (Jinx being a major pioneer in this) to replace these erroneous ships. Otherwise, I second VG's sentiments. This is a Freelancer mod, and many people have worked extremely hard to replace existing imports, lets not make it harder for them.

Though, if you want a SOASE mod, that's a different story.

Sins of a Solar Empire Ships - ian - 07-11-2008

oh no i mean real big Kudos to the mods who are creating replacments and such as they would be welcome but im just pointing out that some ships from SOASE could fit brilliantly and if they dont make it they could possibly provide more ideas for the mods from mixing elements of ships and getting some completly different and new

Sins of a Solar Empire Ships - Praetyre - 07-11-2008

This is a Freelancer mod, not a Sins of a Solar Empire mod. If you want to fly SOASE ships, play a SOASE mod or the game itself. If you want to fly Star Wars ships, play Freeworlds or a game like Empire at War. If you want to fly Star Trek ships, play a mod for that, or a game like Bridge Commander. And so forth for BSG, and all other imports. Igiss wants this to be a Freelancer mod, and frankly, I don't think I'm the only one who doesn't like seeing something from a different universe flying around Sirius, especially given the possible tech disparity between SOASE and FL.