Discovery Gaming Community
Ignore Flood - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ignore Flood (/showthread.php?tid=44797)

Pages: 1 2

Ignore Flood - ryeguy146 - 08-09-2010

Quote:One day, you'll see it for what it is if/when you get sick of it enough.
Exactly. That's now. That's the reason for my post.

Let's drop my previous example. I'm more than happy admitting that it sounded improper. Doesn't even fully explain the issue. I assumed that others would understand that I was talking about seeing the "view new posts" list littered with the stuff. This isn't about me not being able to control myself.

Really, it's just that that I want cleaned. Imagine being gone for a few days. It happens. When you come back, you click that list and get nine pages. I think that it's safe to say that a good majority of the new threads will be worthless and in flood. If I could cull those from the response, I'd be a happier person.

No freezer needed.

Ignore Flood - Marburg - 08-09-2010

you misunderstand my point:mellow:Oh well.

Maybe you just made the thread because you tend to be a neat freak & are requesting a flood flush in a real roundabout way. Still, the question remains: why not just overlook what you don't wanna see? What is it that is stopping you from doing that & letting something that doesn't matter bother you enough to make a thread requesting that someone else solve your problem for you? (I'm genuinely curious)

Ignore Flood - ryeguy146 - 08-09-2010

I want the "view new posts" list no not parse Flood. I don't care if it does for others, I want it to for me. I genuinely just do not wish to scroll past all the flood posts, like I do now. Yes, I DO ignore them now, but I'd just prefer for them not to be there. For me.

I do not care about other people posting in flood. I don't care that flood exists. In fact, I'm glad that flood exists, it keeps those types of threads in one location rather than arrayed throughout the forum. Okay, how about this: I'm also a member of Reddit, have been for some time, anyone from there can tell you that the front page is now filled with stupid memes and meaningless garbage. Like our flood. Given this, I unsubscribed from it and instead filled my 'frontpage' with things that do interest me. The frontpage is still there, that's fine, but I don't have to see it or waste time scrolling past the numerous posts that choke out actual worthy content. I didn't have to unsubscribe. I could have ignored it, but this would have meant having to scroll past all of it continually. Sure, I would have, on occasion, seen something worth reading. But the brevity in which I'm able to scan the headlines now is more valuable than those occasional posts worth spending time on.

I can ignore flood (not as a feature, just as you describe), and will. I simply don't see any reason why this shouldn't be a feature, unless it is overly difficult to accomplish. I'm sure that there are others out there that would enjoy it as well.

This thread is exactly as it is. Not asking for flood to be cleared, not asking for it to be gone. I'm not trying to sound cool by being "above" anything or anyone (Good thing, I think that I've achieved the opposite). I'm just tired of seeing it when looking for actual content. Yes, I have been active in flood in the past, even the recent past, but it accomplishes nothing. I've no desire to be there or see it any further, thus the post.