Discovery Gaming Community
Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Rheinland (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: [RM] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=604)
+----- Thread: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9130)

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Sturmwind - 03-24-2010

Post 4, a bit outdated: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=238

Capships (also a bit outdated): http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58160

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - schlurbi - 03-25-2010

Thanks, seems to be fine then. Recently we had a short Chat about the Last Names of the Rheinland Military Members. Only Chezberger and Putzkammer seems to be very odd Names. That was actually all I wanted to say.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Malexa - 03-25-2010

heh well odd names here and then are fine in roleplay.
There are a LOT of funny names around in real life, where you barely can hold your laughter if someone tells you his name.

As long as the names are really not fitting we don't nitpick at them.
Like Shepherd. Totaly libertonian, but fitting his roleplay story behind it.

The war started recently and a lot of Rheinlanders and libertonians have Rheinland or Libertonian roots in some way.
Even the old Admiral herself has a Libertonian mother.
Details like this add some flavour to the backgrounds and the roleplay.
Even odd names do. Pilots in space tend to annoy and provoke pilots with odd names. Fellowship is a funny thing.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Sturmwind - 03-25-2010

I'd like to add, that Putzkammer is a pretty standard German family name. Chezberger... well, it's an obvious pun from Weedalot, and an old one at that.

Also, this discussion led me to a conclusion:

WE NEED A ROSTER UPDATE.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - schlurbi - 03-25-2010

Putzkammer is not a german Family Name >.< It is a Room with Stuff inside. Mainly for cleaning up the Toilet, your Room or the Kitchen.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Lobster - 03-25-2010

Quote:Surnames, their origin and their meaning
Many surnames are associated with the place/locality of where the family lived and in those cases the location is noted as the meaning.
Many surnames are associated with the occupation of the person given the name.

Putzkammer German A dressing-chamber

D:

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Sturmwind - 03-25-2010

We could argue about this, so after pointing out it *IS* used by people as their surname, I won't post anymore regarding the subject.

Google, at least, points me to that fact:

http://www.google.hu/search?q=Putzkammer&a...lient=firefox-a

(Also, the RFP Inspekteur is called "Putzkanner" aswell. >_>)

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Zeltak - 03-30-2010

Ok, I want to talk about something called "Ignoring Player Role-Play."

So you got a situation where a criminal is operating within New Berlin, yeah your military's capital system. The most important one right? So a certain [RM] pilot spots you, and I'm a known criminal and most likely the [RM] pilot will use deadly force if the target dosen't comply.

You have a situation here, that is exactly like this, but what does this specific [RM] pilot do? He just walks away like everything was alright, blaming on some BS-reason as well. "I gotta go and drink vodka."

Or: "I can't miss the blablabla festival."

Now I ask you this, what kind of Role-Play is that? You try shut me out and ignore my Role-Play then how am I supposed to interact with my enemy? Besides it follows no logic whatsoever for this specific [RM] pilot to act like this. He should by his affiliation do his job right?

No, because I happen to be stronger than this specific pilot in combat, he decides it's better to just make a very, very illogical move from his character. And if you have this problem of not being able to operate within a certain system because you had just died. THEN TALK TO ME, I'm not out here to grief others, ok?

If you don't like being outside a system for 4 hours, I allow you back in, the person who maybe killed you (I'm not saying I will but if I do.) And I make sure nobody will hassle you on my side, in-fact I go and pirate somewhere else or Role-Play somewhere else if it's too much for you to bare.

BUT COME ON! Don't ignore my character. You just bring this down to another level, and really, I disrespect it alot.

If the faction leader wants some screenshots I be happy to provide.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Sturmwind - 03-31-2010

Yup, that was my character you met. Could have just PM'd me, really.

But anyway, here's the reasoning for what I did:

First off, that specific character (Feldwebel Nikolai Sovok) is subject to an RP I'm developing, I'm only at the family history part, which you can find in my signature (shameless self-advertising, meh), but more additions are to come once I'm complete. The thing is, that specific character is not the generic "enemy of Rheinland! Prepare to be destroyed!" type, more like an individual who is in the Rheinwehr for the salary (which is obviously higher than what you get in a shipyard).

But remember, I stayed there and tried reasoning with you when I met you on Voelkel. When I got shot at, I started evading because I tried calling backup, which did not come so I shot back. When I was loosing, I was simply making the outcome of the fight faster. I didn't retreat because that specific character cannot afford being humiliated like that in front of his enemies. Anyway, I have Voelkel for the [RM] faction RP, I have the other characters for the sake of individualism and a slight break from the chief points we represent. Another note regarding that: I personally consider the [RM] to be really diverse with RP, that's why I have such a character in the first place. I mean, damn it, we even have an [RM] tagged Wilde in the field.

The second part of your reasoning (the 4 hours part) is valid aswell [although this was supposed to be PRIVATE information someone passed on]. For that, I would like to apologize, but you see if I die in Berlin, I can pretty much shut my computer down for 4 hours, since even if you do allow me back, I'm still committing a rule violation and am also closing out my character from assisting possible allied forces.

So, we both know that in an 1v1 fight, I have no chance against you, no matter what everyone says. Therefore, going into a fight that's no fun for me would be... pointless for me (again, apologies for the selfish remark.)

Also, ignoring your character's RP is not really what I did. It was more like ignoring that you attacked me. You wanted to avenge your buddies by killing a person who had nothing to do with taking down those Hessians in Hamburg. I also remained as long as the text RP lasted, but fled only as the shots were fired. So again, it was not the RP part that I ignored (yes, I *KNOW* fighting is part of RP aswell).

If you insist however, I can stay and die next time. I can try fighting, but I can't be good enough for you to be entertaining. I can stay in one place and you can shoot me if that satisfies you, or I can retreat (assuming I'm on a character that doesn't care about being labeled as a coward). I can even un-tag Nikolai Sovok, if that pleases you.

Btw, give the statement your character said saying "pick someone of your size" a good thought. It can be applied to... 3-4 situations in this specific case.

(Note to any outsiders seeing this: No, I'm not saying all this because I'm being emo again. Just presenting facts.:))

<Updated at 17:00 GMT>

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Zeltak - 03-31-2010

First of all, the reason I posted in this thread is because the character I stumbled upon was [RM] tagged. Therefore I believe it was appropriate to address it here.

Let me make something really clear for you, I'm not demanding that you should stay and fight me, so I can go around and wave a blue-message and be happy. No, I'm asking you to interact with my character appropriately instead of taking illogical decisions based on PvP-experience or the feeling of "I can't stand not being able to Role-Play in X-system for 4 hours thus I will simply walk away." Both in my opinion are not acceptable decisions or the line of thought I expect especially from a [RM] member when it comes to dealing with a Rheinland Criminal.

You did point out two noticeable differences between your Admiral character and this other one you have, but I know that the reason you decided to walk away from a Role-Play encounter, (because no matter that you talk about combat, it is still considered a Role-Play encounter.) was purely based on Out of Role-Play information. In this particular case you compared the chances of winning against me in combat. Now, I'm not telling you how you should play your character, I'm just getting the feeling that you aren't exactly playing your character correctly. What if you stumbled into the exact same situation, but this time, you were talking to an independent criminal of which the name you couldn't recognize and connect to a certain player? I can safely assume you would stick around and try fight him off.

I still believe it was an obvious form of ignoring my character's Role-Play. Why? Because I have made Role-Play decisions in the past, regarding this specific character in relation to the [RM] which have then proved to given me certain consequences. In other words, I have been caught pirating and pretty damn sure that after attacking the Vice-Admiral and the Admiral himself carrying the Smokeone banner, you should probably do something about it when you encounter me with a [RM] ship flying about in your home-space.

So yes, you did in my opinion ignore certain Role-Play facts regarding my character when you chose your decision to leave willingly without even so much as attempting to arrest me / carry a dialog. If you don't have the spine to face me in combat, you can at least do two things that would make more sense than "Oh I got X-festival to attend to so I will just leave you alone in our capital system and let you carry on with your unlawful activities because you are too better than me in combat." I mean, one, you could at the very least call for backup and sit next to that battleship and just wait. Two, you could perhaps put up a fight and retreat if the damages were too high.

But no, it was an act of ignoring. I'm sorry but I'm not backing up on that statement. Now I'm not a guy who carry grudges so I will just put this behind me now and carry on playing, but if I encounter this kind of behavior again then you can expect that I will treat you with the same manner of respect you treat me. Just so we make that crystal clear.

Also, I would like to take this opportunity and say thanks to the many good experiences I have had with the pilots of the Rheinland Military.

Have a good day.