Discovery Gaming Community
4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: 4.86 Release Date and Teaser (/showthread.php?tid=69772)

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Warhalk - 12-10-2011

' Wrote:I think it's already been said that cloaking will NOT be available to all ships. It will be given to official factions that qualify.. what those qualifications are, i do not know. All i remember is seeing somewhere someone said that it's for official factions.

I was like alright cool 4.86 is almost here. Then i seen this^. Now i am thinking why bother playing factionlancer 4.86. If official only factions get a big advantage like this? No point in being an indie. Indie=freelancer and what is the name of this game?

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Camtheman - 12-10-2011

Quote:I was like alright cool 4.86 is almost here. Then i seen this^. Now i am thinking why bother playing factionlancer 4.86. If official only factions get a big advantage like this? No point in being an indie. Indie=freelancer and what is the name of this game?

I agree wholeheardtedly.

Getting a tech advantage like that is kinda bull, even if it is only for RP.

What could an indie do with that? The very same a factionite could. RP it well.

I think everyone deserves it.

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Nicolas - 12-10-2011

' Wrote:I agree wholeheardtedly.

Getting a tech advantage like that is kinda bull, even if it is only for RP.

What could an indie do with that? The very same a factionite could. RP it well.

I think everyone deserves it.

Big problem is the possibility to abuse it, which is more likely to happen if that would be open for everyone. (like capspams)

In my opinion it`s fine that it is restricted, and why not enjoying RP with someone who has it? :D

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - shemkel - 12-10-2011

Regarding cloak restriction rumors...

I'll quote Mrs Mia Wallace:
Quote:When you little scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle.

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Death.RunningVerminator - 12-10-2011

' Wrote:I was like alright cool 4.86 is almost here. Then i seen this^. Now i am thinking why bother playing factionlancer 4.86. If official only factions get a big advantage like this? No point in being an indie. Indie=freelancer and what is the name of this game?
' Wrote:Big problem is the possibility to abuse it, which is more likely to happen if that would be open for everyone. (like capspams)

In my opinion it`s fine that it is restricted, and why not enjoying RP with someone who has it? :D
Exactly. Would anyone really want all the lolwuts of corsairs and outcast caps having cloaking devices? I don't think so.. Plus, i'm not even 100% sure. I could be mistaking. Hell, we don't even really know the details of the cloaking device yet. No one should jump the gun just yet is what i'm trying to say.

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Veygaar - 12-10-2011

' Wrote:A serious question: What will happen to the CAU8's on my GBs? Should I remove them now to avoid any problems?
Could this get answered BEFORE the release? I'll try to skype Cannon I guess...

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - casero - 12-10-2011

I can't believe it!

I'm 27!

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Disco - 12-10-2011

Does this mean special RP is going to be open?:D

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Echo 7-7 - 12-10-2011

' Wrote:Could this get answered BEFORE the release? I'll try to skype Cannon I guess...

Just to be safe, you might like to shift them on to Transports when the release date gets closer. I wouldn't mount anything higher than a CAU6 on a Gunboat.

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Belanglos - 12-10-2011

Question is simple: How much cargo space occupies CAU Mk8 in 4.86?