Discovery Gaming Community
How to Save Discovery Freelancer - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: How to Save Discovery Freelancer (/showthread.php?tid=186712)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: How to Save Discovery Freelancer - Kauket - 06-28-2021

(06-28-2021, 06:42 PM)Karlotta Wrote: What I really, really, really, really, really, REALLY need is factions like Auxo (Auxo arent the only ones) to stop sieging my POBs, stalking my faction members, and blow us up without a chance while bad mouthing us in their discord circle jerks trying to get as many people to be as horrible as possible to us.

just to clarify something here since you're name dropping us unfairly, it is incredibly nuts on how shockingly paranoid you are and how much you love to make up these weird slandering fantasies about people.

no one has spoke about you for months. no one has bothered to interact with gateway, CR, whatever else you play because we dont know - we dont care. and not to mention it always end up with you talking in thinly veiled oorp blabbering in local chat because you get so worked up in your fears that it isnt even rp anymore, so even if we wanted to - we wouldn't get anything out of it.

we don't care about you, or your phds in internetology, contrary to your selfish fantasy world you have construed about us. you are not the center of the discovery game, and there are other things to do that don't involve you or being around you. we only care about having fun in the game, playing together, pve, pvp, and writing some nerdy stuff.

don't bring our name into your conversations as some form of point, please and thank you kindly. good luck with your debates within this thread, whatever it may be for, and i hope you find clarity in what you hope to solve.

perhaps it's for the best if everyone reflects upon what they say, and what they do. maybe walk in others shoes before judging.

RE: How to Save Discovery Freelancer - Karlotta - 06-28-2021

(06-28-2021, 06:58 PM)Kauket Wrote: fantasies

Systematically stalking Gateway for weeks, 2 CR pob siegs in 4 weeks, your new member who I never met telling me they heard I was horrible but the are so opened minded to talk to me anyway, your other members trolly mctroll Freelancer alts, and the provable lies spread about me by your once leader on discord were not fantasies. Do you need quotes, screenshots, and sworn testimonies?

(06-28-2021, 06:58 PM)Kauket Wrote: no one has spoke about you for months.

Is this what is supposed to make everything you did before that "fantasies"?

(06-28-2021, 06:58 PM)Kauket Wrote: no one has bothered to interact with gateway, CR,

I/we also pretty much stopped logging months ago.

(06-28-2021, 06:58 PM)Kauket Wrote: whatever else you play because we dont know - we dont care. and not to mention it always end up with you talking in thinly veiled oorp blabbering in local chat because you get so worked up in your fears that it isnt even rp anymore, so even if we wanted to - we wouldn't get anything out of it.

Looks like you do care since you feel you have to call my perfectly logical and irp answers to your "RP" that. What is it with people that they feel that if their target isnt groveling in submission to them, it's "rping incorrectly"?

(06-28-2021, 06:58 PM)Kauket Wrote: we don't care about you,
I wish. You sure dont sound like it tho.

(06-28-2021, 06:58 PM)Kauket Wrote: or your phds in internetology, contrary to your selfish fantasy world you have construed about us.

I think you're still saying that because it stopped when we stopped loggging, it never happened and is a fantasy?

(06-28-2021, 06:58 PM)Kauket Wrote: you are not the center of the discovery game, and there are other things to do that don't involve you or being around you.

You are also not the center of the discovery game, and there are other things to do that don't involve you or being around you. Yet here you were, when ever we tried to do those other things.

Also, were you trying to make a point with what you said there?

(06-28-2021, 06:58 PM)Kauket Wrote: we only care about having fun in the game, playing together, pve, pvp, and writing some nerdy stuff.

Sure. I never doubted that you do a lot of the things you do for fun.

(06-28-2021, 06:58 PM)Kauket Wrote: don't bring our name into your conversations as some form of point, please and thank you kindly.

I didnt bring your name into my conversation. Binksi did, suggesting giving you the ability to not only siege my pob, but also take the shipyard its next to, is something I should look forward to or something. And I answered truthfully.

(06-28-2021, 06:58 PM)Kauket Wrote: perhaps it's for the best if everyone reflects upon what they say, and what they do. maybe walk in others shoes before judging.

Maybe you should take your own advice.

Maybe you learned something in all of this. Don't forget to tell all your friends about it too.

RE: How to Save Discovery Freelancer - CommodoreShawn - 06-28-2021

(06-28-2021, 07:12 AM)Arcana Wrote: I really like the idea for Nomad invasion, it will make players playing together from different parts of Sirius defending the mankind and leave behind their differences. Also the devs could make some Wild infested capital ships NPC's with nomad guns spawining in the systems, some Sunscrashers NPC's boss ships (even player ones) here and there that players could fight together .Some boss capitals NPC's with huge armor and hard hitting weapons, and rare drops when killed.

I like the sound of boss capital NPCs, it would make a great centerpiece to invasion events.

RE: How to Save Discovery Freelancer - Stewgar - 06-28-2021

What are thoughts on server police? Either tagged and nearby or invisible. I'd sign up to be one if it means bringing back good players.

RE: How to Save Discovery Freelancer - Groshyr - 06-28-2021

"good" is subjective. define what's good for you

RE: How to Save Discovery Freelancer - James Greed - 06-28-2021

Some things just never change.

RE: How to Save Discovery Freelancer - Stewgar - 06-28-2021

(06-28-2021, 11:14 PM)Groshyr Wrote: "good" is subjective. define what's good for you
Players looking for a fun time and that are respectful to each other. That explanation can also be subjective since fun and respectful for me may be different than what you value in fun and respectful. What do you value as a good player?

(06-28-2021, 11:40 PM)James Greed Wrote: Some things just never change.
That does not provide any new information to this. Has there been an attempt for server police before? Is there a reason why there is none now? Does your comment even pertain to what I said at all? If it did, please explain. I was not around in the early or glory years of this community, so there might be history that I don't know about. Is why I am asking questions.

RE: How to Save Discovery Freelancer - Groshyr - 06-28-2021

(06-28-2021, 11:53 PM)Racerdude Wrote: What do you value as a good player?

I do value a good player as a player that actively contributes to RP world, keep ooRP preferences aside of their inRP character (for example, doing RP with anyone who interested in this and not only with friends based on pre-agreed scenario). Those are lacking on Discovery as for my taste: we have enough of jump hole campers, gankers, silent powertraders - they may be good people oorp-wise but they are not attracting more people that looking for quality RP. This is at least how I see the situation. How about you? You don't agree with me in this?

RE: How to Save Discovery Freelancer - JojKyLizaLe - 06-29-2021

(06-28-2021, 11:59 PM)Groshyr Wrote:
(06-28-2021, 11:53 PM)Racerdude Wrote: What do you value as a good player?

I do value a good player as a player that actively contributes to RP world, keep ooRP preferences aside of their inRP character (for example, doing RP with anyone who interested in this and not only with friends based on pre-agreed scenario). Those are lacking on Discovery as for my taste: we have enough of jump hole campers, gankers, silent powertraders - they may be good people oorp-wise but they are not attracting more people that looking for quality RP. This is at least how I see the situation. How about you? You don't agree with me in this?

Well put, Sir.

[Image: MO7XrJz.jpg]

RE: How to Save Discovery Freelancer - Stewgar - 06-29-2021

(06-28-2021, 11:59 PM)Groshyr Wrote: I do value a good player as a player that actively contributes to RP world, keep ooRP preferences aside of their inRP character (for example, doing RP with anyone who interested in this and not only with friends based on pre-agreed scenario). Those are lacking on Discovery as for my taste: we have enough of jump hole campers, gankers, silent powertraders - they may be good people oorp-wise but they are not attracting more people that looking for quality RP. This is at least how I see the situation. How about you? You don't agree with me in this?

For the most part, I agree. Quality RP, in the game and on the forum, is important for attracting new players but also maintaining players. I know I fall short in depth of RP and that is something I've been searching for and working on.

I power trade, but yes, the silent power traders can be annoying. I go silent when I deal with spawn pirates or ganks. I even get to play spawn tag with them. Unfortunately you have to beat meta by playing meta, and I hate doing it.

Jump hole campers, I actually admire. If a pirate sits at a jump hole (or trade lanes) for an hour and nabs a couple of smugglers or traders, that is better than being chased through trade lanes (which when I pirate, I never use) or having players "coincidentally" logging in everytime I pop into a specific system while tagged in a specific ship. Those activities I view as bad for the community.

You raise an interesting point. Good people OORP-wise does not always equal good RP'ers or even good players for the community. I think what happens is people get with groups that do things that the majority view as bad but they can't differentiate between bad and good since they are with their group (like a herd of sheep). I've argued with friends about activities that we are doing and whether or not it is RP/Community friendly, and I've had friends bring things up to me that my actions that are not the best for RP or the community. It's important for people, especially friends, to hold each other accountable. I don't believe that happens enough here.

For the most part we agree on what constitutes as a good and bad player. I don't think we can ever find 2 people with the exact same values in that regard. But I do believe that the vast majority of players have the same idea, overall, what is good and bad activity. Sadly, we the players have been unable to police ourselves and too many "toxic" players have been left unchecked.

I don't know what the answer is. But I do know that I risk losing what little interest I have left in this amazing game and mod.