Discovery Gaming Community
K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Nomads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=190)
+----- Forum: Slomon K'Hara (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+----- Thread: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back (/showthread.php?tid=134512)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Karlotta - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 11:41 PM)Krumai Wrote: Before that happened I had no awareness of the indie's presence on the other side of the jumphole (I wasn't even grouped with it).

Sure. He was just by the JH by coincidink, and opened fire one second after I jumped, also by coincidink. He was like... farming npcs by the JH and shot me by accident, while you were chasing me. A likely story.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - The_Godslayer - 02-12-2022

(02-11-2022, 11:44 PM)Karlotta Wrote: He was like... farming npcs by the JH and shot me by accident, while you were chasing me. A likely story.

For an actual theory, it's more likely that he, like most indies, saw K'Hara online and beelined toward them from wherever he was. It's particularly common for indies to search for and group up with the nearest K'Hara, which usually leads to many people invading and being unhelpful or downright ooc in my RP, or dying instantly in a group fight. Catching you at the jump hole is probably a matter of unfortunate luck, and it could have been incredibly possible for him to have come through the jump hole before you had reached it, engaging you there instead.

Other theories include:
The indie was watching the playerlist, saw a K'Hara and another name moving across systems, inferred the situation and path that would be taken and moved to intercept.
The indie was doing something entirely different (i.e. heading back to the lair after mission farming), saw red and engaged.
The indie was already hunting you, and didn't know and/or care that K'Hara was in the same place.

People in the faction don't even run untagged ships because untagged ships don't get K'Hara ID's and infinite cloak. We don't have nymphs right now, and Neonates can use all the ships but the battleships with the ID. No one in the faction would run an untagged GB for the purpose of trader hunting when they can run infinite cloak for much better trader hunting at no additional cost. Unless, of course, this ship you encountered had a K'Hara ID and no tag, in which case give me the shipname so that I can bring the divine wrath of Allah upon them and their sons for 77 generations.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Fab - 02-12-2022

Nomads shouldn't be controlled by players. Nomad players are the equivalent of bots that send you messages before attacking.

Nomad players do not add anything to the roleplay. They're a PVP faction and PVP faction only. they can not RP by themselves because that would go against the lore and nature of the nomads themselves. they're drones programmed to attack anything non nomad, and the human players are the same.

by that rule, Nomad players are impossible to be roleplayed with because it is simply not possible, therefore not adding anything to the roleplay environment as a whole. AI controlled ships and player controlled ships are indistinguishable from a RP perspective.

Arguments such as "That's Nomad behavior" or "Nomads are supposed to attack on sight" are not valid points against the statement "Nomad players do not add anything to the roleplay".

If anyone can prove the contrary, that Nomads do add to the roleplay, I'd be glad to give a listen. And no, combat/PVP is NOT roleplay, and this also applies to whatever macros nomad players do before right clicking. It's saying "Engaging" with extra steps.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Ninkurra - 02-12-2022

(02-12-2022, 08:24 PM)Fab Wrote: Nomads shouldn't be controlled by players. Nomad players are the equivalent of bots that send you messages before attacking.

Nomad players do not add anything to the roleplay. They're a PVP faction and PVP faction only. they can not RP by themselves because that would go against the lore and nature of the nomads themselves. they're drones programmed to attack anything non nomad, and the human players are the same.

by that rule, Nomad players are impossible to be roleplayed with because it is simply not possible, therefore not adding anything to the roleplay environment as a whole. AI controlled ships and player controlled ships are indistinguishable from a RP perspective.

Arguments such as "That's Nomad behavior" or "Nomads are supposed to attack on sight" are not valid points against the statement "Nomad players do not add anything to the roleplay".

If anyone can prove the contrary, that Nomads do add to the roleplay, I'd be glad to give a listen. And no, combat/PVP is NOT roleplay, and this also applies to whatever macros nomad players do before right clicking. It's saying "Engaging" with extra steps.

Look on Vagrants, dude.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Fab - 02-12-2022

(02-12-2022, 08:26 PM)Ninkurra Wrote: Look on Vagrants, dude.

Vagrants are another case and you know that.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Toaster - 02-12-2022

While my experience with K'hara has been mostly negative in my opinion, I can name several occasions where interaction with them did consist of more than just red-is-dead'ing. Telepathic tomfoolery, "forced" visions, attempts at what I can only assume was supposed to be indoctrination. That sorta stuff. Admittedly, it's rather rare and most of my encounters have just been PvP-focused.

As for Nomads regularly adding to the RP environment, look no further than the Nomad Vagrants. They are explicitly, canonically not PvP-bots. While the quality of their RP varies, it is generally quite pleasant (especially since they forego that god awful Nomspeak) and rarely ends up in violence unless non-Vagrant players want it to.

Edit: I have to admit, however, that I agree that Nomads should never have become available to players, though for more reasons than /1 /2 bad.

(02-12-2022, 08:34 PM)Fab Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 08:26 PM)Ninkurra Wrote: Look on Vagrants, dude.

Vagrants are another case and you know that.

yeah, i know.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Kauket - 02-12-2022

nom RP is pretty great. But the issue is the people, not the faction itself.

Had plenty of fun nomad shenanigans over the years. But the latest rendition of K'Hara is just prioritizing murdering.

Nomads are based.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Darkstar_Spectre - 02-12-2022

(02-12-2022, 08:50 PM)Ninkurra Wrote: Nomads are based.

when they actually play their role