Discovery Gaming Community
The New Gaian Front - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The New Gaian Front (/showthread.php?tid=106426)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: The New Gaian Front - Thyrzul - 10-28-2013

(10-27-2013, 05:49 PM)Pel Wrote: 5. New ZOI attampt:

[Image: OKYdyuZ.jpg]

You can forget Roussillon unless you want to either befriend us or get a kick in the backside for going there without permission.

RE: The New Gaian Front - Enkidu - 10-28-2013

(10-27-2013, 07:22 AM)Sabre Wrote: more insane peeps.

[Image: emoticon-00137-clapping.gif]

I look forward to (hopefully) having some chats on my TAZ, and pewing you on my mollys [Image: emoticon-00100-smile.gif]

Oh hell naw! We can't have a three-way insanity off in the Taus, a two-way is sufficiently severist.

Other than the fact that I'm seriously worried the server might crash under the load of all the compressed, diabolical fun, good luck and see you in space! It'll be fun to be on the receiving end of some Megolomaical(magical) Bamboozlement Rp's (MBR's for short) for a change.

RE: The New Gaian Front - SummerMcLovin - 10-28-2013

From a rules perspective, that is every system you can operate in, although it is a bit messy (even with some missing jump connections already).
As Thyr'zul is getting at, some systems like Roussillon (there's a second S) would not be as sensible to be active in with your operations. Don't think this will be a problem though.

RE: The New Gaian Front - Pel - 10-29-2013

Man, I need to get some new nit-picking gear...

Thank you, kind Sirs!

I believe we all know that Roussillon and Drake will provide the Gaian Doctors with little in the way of diversion. And Dundee is a buzzkiller. Chester is a bit of a bore.

Since we are so detail oriented here, let me just put it this way:

[Image: 7vJkmBt.jpg]

Nothing extra.

RE: The New Gaian Front - Highland Laddie - 10-29-2013

Contraband we used to pursue was Mining Machinery, Gaians Wildlife, or any Ores or Minable gases and Alien Organisms.

We would also praise Junkers and ALG, or any ships we saw hauling Scrap or Toxic Waste, as we saw this as healing to Gaia. Sometimes we would reward them with money, too.

(10-29-2013, 12:55 AM)Highland Laddie Wrote: Contraband we used to pursue was Mining Machinery, Gaians Wildlife, or any Ores or Minable gases and Alien Organisms.

We would also praise Junkers and ALG, or any ships we saw hauling Scrap or Toxic Waste, as we saw this as healing to Gaia. Sometimes we would reward them with money, too.

Exactly.

I guess I'll keep fleshing out the first entry, adding in lists of cargo and how we rate it in terms of contraband.

RE: The New Gaian Front - Papa Oomaumau - 10-29-2013

*cough*
Excuse me my esteemed Doctors, but I'm quite sure that the very good Dr.Kynde, and his associate Dr.Steel would like to, and by rights deserve to, be a part of the faction that we birthed oh, so many years ago.
Indeed, my brain still bares the stretch marks and no amount of shae butter will diminish them.
So, yeah, sign us up.
I'm certain that we can be of service.

P.s. The original documents and images can be mimeographed to you with your permission.

Yay!

The original author has appeared!

May I restore Dr.Kynde to his original post as Chief of Medicine?

RE: The New Gaian Front - Papa Oomaumau - 10-29-2013

Oh.... no no no, no....
*Dr. Steel shakes his shiney head vigorously, waggling finger*
I'm barely fit these days to be chief of afternoon snacks.
These days.
Our research is, well, consuming.
So much to see so few places to look.

*jerks still, slowly rolls eyes to camera*
Strike that, reverse it.
*smiles, crookedly*

And Dr. Kynde, well....
He is, as usual, indefatigably indefinably indisposed.
And he's quite adamant about that, mind you.

But yes! The mining thingy!
Ah, yes. The ~disease~
*clenches his gloved fist before him*
These cancerous carcinogens that would carve the most elemental and pure, the most secret and private flesh of Great Gaia cannot be tolerated!
They will cause the death of us all!
These poor unseeing cannibals of Universal flesh must be shown, by someone, anyone!
*wipes spittle from his lips with his gloved hand*
It is they - or rather, in truth... us, yes US who have stopped using what was already ours and began harvesting what belongs to the goddess!"
*wanders around, pacing madly*
Will we gag on the flesh of our mother as we die, together?
Have we gone THAT mad?!

It's all so clear now....

"...so clear, Nomads! Of course Nomads!..."
*smiles, slowly, and walks to the comm screen, steady now*
Antibodies are needed. Sign me up, Chief of Medicine Cure.
*Bows dramatically, smiling*
They must be shown the truth of their folly, or they must be excised like tumors.

Welcome aboard my good Doctors Kynde and Steel!

I must say, the Front feels much more complete with you on the comms again.