Discovery Gaming Community
Jump Gates - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Jump Gates (/showthread.php?tid=124390)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Jump Gates - Thyrzul - 01-07-2015

I'd say a distance of at lesat 3k between lane starts and jumpgates there should be, but yea, either take the risky but shorter route and deal with jumpgate turrets or take the longer, but safer route by jumpholes. Sounds kinda balanced to me.

RE: Jump Gates - Gondoros - 01-07-2015

Quote:And the biggest problem, Trade Lane Bug. When it's down and out-of-work, ships can still pass through it. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one having that problem.
I hate this , almost everytime i'm in Shikoku this happens. It's very annoying to say the least so I switch systems, Kepler or Galileo, not as often but it still happens so to hell with it I just log off. Hope this gets fixed in the update.

RE: Jump Gates - Sylvie557 - 01-07-2015

I have heard that if the lane is down before a player enters a system it will not be down for them. You have to down the lane after they enter. Its lame but that might be your issue.

RE: Jump Gates - Tutashkhia - 01-07-2015

@Thyrzul what do you mean in "clever traders"? The ones, who're lucky enough to pass through the broken trade lane, which was taken down by NPC mines just some seconds before you appeared? I call that luck, not the cleverness.

I'd not have any problems if there was no TL bug. Either reduce the numbers of NPC or fix that bug, so when the trade lane is broken nobody can pass it.

@Loki557, our issue? Have you ever tried pirating by lanes? I'll describe you and you'll imagine: It's simple, you stick by the lane, don't down the lane before anyone appears, but suddenly both lawful and unlawful NPC appears and starts shooting each other.They use mines which destroy the lanes in no time. Sometimes you might be lucky enough to catch the trader with that broken lane, but most time that bug lets them pass through it. People aren't that stupid to down the lane before anyone appears, but they can't order NPC to not shoot each other and use mines near lanes. That's the problem.

(01-07-2015, 10:51 AM)Tutashkhia Wrote: @Thyrzul what do you mean in "clever traders"? The ones, who're lucky enough to pass through the broken trade lane, which was taken down by NPC mines just some seconds before you appeared? I call that luck, not the cleverness.

I'd not have any problems if there was no TL bug. Either reduce the numbers of NPC or fix that bug, so when the trade lane is broken nobody can pass it.

I meant that you've been chasing me from WP -> Cali Gate tradelanes to Birmingham station, even despite it should have been clearly apparent that I'm shooting rings behind myself upon lane exit to halt you. Of course the TL bug was luck for me, I do not deny that, and wouldn't mind having the amount of unlawful NPCs around lanes cut down significantly, so that traders won't escape the actual threat by luck granted by such a crappy bug. That's actually something we can agree on, wow.

RE: Jump Gates - Tutashkhia - 01-07-2015

Anyway, if anyone is aware of it tell me if it's gonna be fixed in the next update.

Trade Lane bugs, Jump Gates, and uncountable NPCs.

Edit: Actually here is the suggestions: Remove mines from NPCs, so trade lanes wouldn't go down. 90% of times trade lanes are destroyed by NPCs' mines which explode nearby the trade lane.

Mines and missiles. Losing neither will cause a loss of gameplay experience really, but both have enough splash range to disrupt lanes if they either target that or you being nearby.

RE: Jump Gates - Highland Laddie - 01-07-2015

(01-07-2015, 09:22 AM)Thyrzul Wrote:
I'd say a distance of at lesat 3k between lane starts and jumpgates there should be, .

I also agree with this. In some systems the lanes are almost butting right up to the gate. (Ontario and the Ontario gate in California, and Omega 7 gate into Omega 3 are prime examples)

RE: Jump Gates - sindroms - 01-07-2015

Either make NPCs dangerous, where moving close to capital planets or capital systems means a death sentance if you are a lone unlawful, or make them decor only- no explosive ordnance.

Or make lanes neutral.

RE: Jump Gates - Internity - 01-07-2015

The current trade lane and jump gate defenses are very well done and according to role play they should be this way to protect traders and all traffic. If you read the info on the trade lanes, it is mentioned that those have been created to increase the speed and security of the traffic to its destination.
So according to RP when taking a trade lane you "should" be much more safer than when flying open space. Also, guns on the trade lanes are made to keep away pirates. It's very logical.