Discovery Gaming Community
Notice: Hyperspace beacons - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Notice: Hyperspace beacons (/showthread.php?tid=138703)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Notice: Hyperspace beacons - WesternPeregrine - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 12:47 PM)sasapinjic Wrote: EDIT :
We can may make separated tread with list of all ships equipped with equipment necessary for this assistance , for easier reinforcements call !

like he said, someone should update the pob guide with the recent changes, including the cloak disruptors, which were missing there last time I've checked.

RE: Notice: Hyperspace beacons - nOmnomnOm - 05-01-2016

Alley are random jumps still possible or no?

RE: Notice: Hyperspace beacons - Alley - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 01:42 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Alley are random jumps still possible or no?

Guys this is an ALTERNATIVE USAGE. What you can currently do with Jumpdrives is unchanged. You can still jump anywhere with or without coordinates.

RE: Notice: Hyperspace beacons - sasapinjic - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 01:42 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Alley are random jumps still possible or no?
i suppose , random jumps are still same , but i will test that in a minute write here !
EDIT :
Never mind , after @Alley answer .

Oh so you can still have co-ordinates to jump to?
I mean if the beacon system works... The to hell with coordinates Tongue

Another question. Can npcs tractor your beacon?
Can there be a system wide or server wide message announcing where beacon is? Or... Is that too op?

RE: Notice: Hyperspace beacons - Epo - 05-01-2016

Is there an restriction on number of systems that you can cross this way or literally from any corner to any?

RE: Notice: Hyperspace beacons - WesternPeregrine - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 01:57 PM)Epo Wrote: Is there an restriction on number of systems that you can cross this way or literally from any corner to any?

If you read the OP, the 4 system range is still in effect for ALL types of jumps.

(05-01-2016, 01:57 PM)Epo Wrote: Is there an restriction on number of systems that you can cross this way or literally from any corner to any?
I suppose it is 4 systems limitations still !
EDIT:
Ninja by @ WPeregrine , i have to be quicker ! (sun)

Alley said 4 systems.
The only difference atm from the old system is that you dont take 15 mins to get coordinates for 1 month but rather use a scout ship.

Personally I'd be in favor of dumping the old coordinate method all-together if this new system works. (but keep random jumps for racing huehue)

Tested and confirming , Blind jump still possible ! Big Grin