Discovery Gaming Community
Stellaris - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=257)
+--- Thread: Stellaris (/showthread.php?tid=139013)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Stellaris - Piombo65 - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 04:44 AM)Ace Razgriz Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 04:35 AM)Drrobe Wrote: Scourge - buy it for me.

RE: Stellaris - WesternPeregrine - 05-11-2016

Was thinking of buying it much -later, probably on a steam summer sale or some period with a discount.

But after doing two overnight long sessions in a less than legit copy of the game, I felt the need to break my piggy bank and buy the damm thing right now.

It's criminally addictive.

RE: Stellaris - Omi - 05-11-2016

[Image: mPYuZLJ.png]

Thanks for the planet.

RE: Stellaris - Mr.Badger - 05-11-2016

Fresh new Rheinland

RE: Stellaris - Reid - 05-13-2016

This is what happens when the Xenos get too genocidy

RE: Stellaris - Wildkins - 05-13-2016

[Image: 3vajeaL.png]

Overall, I like the game a lot. Unfortunately the AI's a bit too passive (in regards to wanting to smack each other) or stupid (in regards to non-planet sector management), but it's certainly better than a lot of 4X games I've played. I've heard gripes about the UI but, if I'm honest, it's much better than most of the 4X stuff on the market. Definitely a cut above Star Ruler, and I'll always prefer the pausable RTS style to the turn-based nature of Civ or Endless Space.

I also found a few annoyances (like why would you ever make it so that the initial construction of a sector takes place immediately, rather than allowing people to test out sector designs without spending influence removing them?), but they're relatively minor. Hopefully Paradox does what they always do and brings out some killer DLC to really flesh out the game, as I'm sure without pulling some major playstyle changes on my side, it'll get a little stale. Multiplayer's probably the saving grace of the game, as is traditional with both Paradox and 4X games.

RE: Stellaris - Aphil - 05-13-2016

This game leads to interesting ethical decision making, such as whether to enslave this race or that race.

Stellaris I think is a game with infinite potential and like most Paradox games, it'll only get better with time as more and more features are added in as mods or DLC.

Right now I'm having great success in playing as either my Slaver Collective or my Technocratic Hegemony and in one playthrough I managed to defeat a big crisis and then a fallen empire using the tech I salvaged. It was good stuff, lots of fun! Big Grin

RE: Stellaris - Cælumaresh - 05-13-2016

First MP game i played, i was completely wiped away by Char's Nazi Space Cockroaches Big Grin
Second game, i had the strongest army

UEG bestest self-made faction. Big Grin

RE: Stellaris - Reid - 05-14-2016

[Image: a4recss.png]

I found cardamine through a string of events on one of my planets

I don't even

RE: Stellaris - Uskok - 05-14-2016

(05-13-2016, 06:22 AM)Aphil Wrote: This game leads to interesting ethical decision making, such as whether to enslave this race or that race.

Stellaris I think is a game with infinite potential and like most Paradox games, it'll only get better with time as more and more features are added in as mods or DLC.

Right now I'm having great success in playing as either my Slaver Collective or my Technocratic Hegemony and in one playthrough I managed to defeat a big crisis and then a fallen empire using the tech I salvaged. It was good stuff, lots of fun! [Image: happy_smiling.png]
This is very similar to Galactic civilization II.... same decisions... Anyway...is game good?? i download it but not yet install it...