Discovery Gaming Community
|=DSS=| Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: |=DSS=| Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=151955)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: DSM)- Feedback Thread - Harper - 11-22-2017

(11-22-2017, 05:05 PM)SMI-Great.Fox Wrote: So we had a lil incident with one of your ships. DSM)-T|Silver.Lining, in which he called the RFP| not only the Gestapo but also members of the Third Reich. We have video recording if you wish to see it.

Can I get a copy of the video for my archives? It was quite the entertaining encounter.

Also I love how my first response to this got deleted with a quickness. Triggered much?

RE: DSM)- Feedback Thread - Freeroamer - 11-22-2017

Can you please not insult us?

Eh, I can't help it that Max Harper is a little rough around the edges. I'm truly sorry if what I said was hurtful. I really didn't think people were so sensitive these days.

RE: DSM)- Feedback Thread - mayu20 - 11-22-2017

Is not about people being sensitive, you have to keep in mind that your character from the future would probably not know what Gestapo or third reich was. I doubt people of Sirius would teach Earth history of 1900's. They would most likely focus on their own history, like the early days of colonial expansion, and would probably go as far back as the start of the Alliance-Coalition war.
You need to keep in mind people from Sirius do not identify themselves as "German" or "British" or whatever. They see themselves as Kusarian, or Libertonian, and would not know much about early Earth.
So calling someone gestapo or third reich is very OORP.
At least that's how I see it.

RE: DSM)- Feedback Thread - Deep Space Solutions - 11-22-2017

Nobody worry themselves please, the matter will be taken care of
DSM respect all players equally and we expect the same
There is always room for improvement in play style and conversations, thank you

Persident of DSM
Dan Gunsmith

That's very assumptive. You have no way of knowing what they teach unless you RP as a history professor. In my opinion it would be an injustice to humanity not to teach about what is arguably one of the most pivotal events in human history no matter how long ago it happened. My 2 cents.

RE: DSM)- Feedback Thread - mayu20 - 11-22-2017

It is the most pivotal events for us. Right now. Who knows what could happen in Freelancer timeline. I am not sure but I think Alliance-Coalition war starts in the 2100's. And for the people if Sirius THAT is the most pivotal event in their history, where maybe billions died in the war, a war that made them run from their own god damn solar system. Just to find out later that it was blown up, killing everything.
Now that you think about it, 1900's were like a walk in a park, eh?

Idk, I think it's all still subject to opinions, what history is taught. Maybe we should call Chris Roberts to settle the matter once and for all.

RE: DSM)- Feedback Thread - Skorak - 11-22-2017

Chris Roberts has little to no say in disco lore.
Even if it is a matter of opinion - considering there is no dev statement - you see that it obviously bothers players, seems to be controversial AND biggest point of all, adds absolutely nothing of importance.

Suggestion here: Not mentioning it seems to be more in line of player's perception of what people would know inrp with the added bonus of not causing drama.

Yes-a mass-a. I shall refrain from using that terminology in the future. However I make no promises that Max Harper will not continue to be a sarcastic jerk when faced down with the tyrannical injustice of the RFP. Go shoot at the GMG and leave us lawful traders alone. It shouldn't take more than five seconds to scan a cargo ship. The NPCs do it in about two.

Edit: Also don't issue commands in German and then get mad when I keep on flying. I don't speak the language, so how am I supposed to know you wanted me to stop?