Discovery Gaming Community
The New Gaian Front - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The New Gaian Front (/showthread.php?tid=106426)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: The New Gaian Front - Pel - 10-29-2013

Rollcall so far:
Code:
1. Dr.Cure (Claymore)
   Dr.Disaster (Chammy)
   Dr.Bones (Chammy)
2. Dr.Magics
3. Dr.Venture
   Dr.Seuss
4. Dr.Steel (Claymore)
   Dr.Kynde (Chammy)
Also, just to get along with our Gaian brothers of other backgrounds, we should all tag ourselves in this manner:

Dr.Cure(G
Dr.Disaster(G

Hopefully that doesn't clash too much with your other attire. Its not ideal, but it will help us as we walk along the path to Gaian unity.

RE: The New Gaian Front - Pel - 10-29-2013

a logo we can use:

[Image: cUmS9zI.png]

and a plug:

[Image: dag5mJX.png]

RE: The New Gaian Front - SummerMcLovin - 10-29-2013

(10-29-2013, 12:43 AM)Pel Wrote: Man, I need to get some new nit-picking gear...
Well if you want some more, Poole isn't a guard system any more and has a Planetform base and Fluorine field. Basing off Cadiz or Mindelo to hit them would hopefully be something for any Gaian to do [Image: emoticon-00157-sun.gif]

As for the logos, I thought that leaf thing was Nature's Last Hope's specifically, but may be wrong. The first one really needs a better picture of a needle though.
The style of the second one is much better, although I'd advise a change of lettering as it is rather hard to make sense of (or at least the N looks weird).
Recruitment poster is pretty snazzy!

RE: The New Gaian Front - Pel - 10-30-2013

Thanks SMcL. I got my eye on Poole, but haven't seen much activity in that itsy bitsy Fluorine field.

In any case, we'll be sure to cause some chaos if that spot becomes popular.

Until then, Poole is obviously open game for us. Maybe I'll update the map, if it matters. ZOI map updated 10/31

RE: The New Gaian Front - Dino - 11-01-2013

First, there were lots of discussions who the Gaians are, but they are not pirates.

Second, why focusing on miners? Ofcourse, inRP, asteroid fields are indeed expendable, but they shoud be last thing that Gaians should be fighting for. Per example, Leeds. Ruined planet, Mining facility, 2 large smog clouds. That's real ecological threat.

And third. Those leaves logos are just Nature's Last Hope copy. You should rather do your own artwork. If you're bad at it, I'm sure lots of people will do it for a million or two of Disco money.

RE: The New Gaian Front - Pel - 11-01-2013

First-- yep. Did you have a point?

I will quote myself, earlier in this same thread:
(10-27-2013, 03:30 AM)Pel Wrote: Since the NGF is primarily a terrorist group, not pirates, we measure success in different ways. Harassing miners will do just fine.

Doing it stylishly is even better.

Second-- we have examined the Universal Mother carefully and diagnosed her disease; she suffers most heavily from the cancer of mining. If we, her Antibodies, don't defend her then all of Sirius will become like Leeds!

Third-- while we are delighted by your unsolicited advice, we are also certain it is unnecessary.

We are men of action, so if you need to speak to us further, find us in the skies!

RE: The New Gaian Front - Pel - 11-03-2013

ACCIDENT TO AIRSHIP

Anchor of Gaian Machine Caught in Doctor's Cape--
Aeronaut in Peril

UNDISCLOSED LOCATION-- The airship of the Gaian engineer, Holtzapple Badger, was cast loose in the wilds surrounding his secret planetary base and it immediately ascended 50 feet.

Just as the flying machine was about to clear the fence of the isolation enclosure the anchor caught and held it fast. After being released by the efforts of our daring Chief of Medicine, Dr.Cure, the hooks caught in his cape, and the machine, after being up for nearly fifteen minutes, was brought to the ground again.

When the airship's drag rope caught in the Doctor's voluminous garment the position of the navigator was extremely perilous. The flying machine was pitching and tossing on the end of the rope, more than eighty feet from the ground, and it was only by the utmost exertion that he prevented himself from being thrown from the basket.

Meanwhile, Dr.Cure was putting caution to bed with his fizzling personality and energetic speechifying, chopping enthusiastically at the air as he attempted to convince the device to free itself from his very large person and his even larger robe.

Badger finally release his hold with one hand, and, in imminent danger of being tossed from the car into the parasite-infested wasteland below, lowered a second rope to the ground and was pulled safely down.

After an examination of the airship, Badger said that the damage was very slight, only two spars being broken.

Dr.Cure waved away efforts to help, saying he would like a few moments more to speak with the anchor.

-----//-----

Today's Motto: "Expect nothing, offer everything."

RE: The New Gaian Front - Daron - 11-03-2013

If it's possible you should remove that ancor.

Regarding alien artifacts:
You cannot list them as 'contraband' and seek clearance for Cardiz or friendship with the Corsairs.
And...
Those are alien crafted goods, you know...

(11-03-2013, 08:40 AM)Daron Wrote: If it's possible you should remove that ancor.
Noted
(11-03-2013, 08:40 AM)Daron Wrote: Regarding alien artifacts:
You cannot list them as 'contraband' and seek clearance for Cardiz or friendship with the Corsairs.
And...
Those are alien crafted goods, you know...
Yeah... I was still wondering about that.

We're not going to run into them very often, but they are "mined."

Even if we hold Nomads and alien life in high esteem, we don't approve of plundering their culture for profit and tampering with things we don't understand. Wherever those artifacts were found, they should stay right there.

However, these are just philosophical points and not anything we would argue about with our brother Corsairs.

I will take it off the contraband list.

Alien organisms are still a real threat b/c they are used to terraform planets. I don't know if the Hogosha would take issue with that b/c they were used by Samura on planet Juno, but I figure they're not that nitpicky.

Thank you for reading that entry so closely! I wasn't sure if the edits had been read by anyone.

Be well, Gaia's child.

A Doctorly Inquiry: Should You Shake Up Your Hair Color?

Having the same hair color day in and day out is kind of like eating the same thing for breakfast everyday: It's comforting, yes, but also kind of boring.

What do you dare to do with your hair?

Behold!

[Image: lqkZDIA.png]

With such lustrous locks, what more is there to do?