Discovery Gaming Community
Kaiserliche Rheinwehr [RM] - Message Dump - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Rheinland (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: [RM] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=604)
+----- Thread: Kaiserliche Rheinwehr [RM] - Message Dump (/showthread.php?tid=1429)

Rheinland Military Message Dump - Colm Cillian - 10-25-2006

::A currier arrives and delivers an envelope to Marauder::

Marauder,
Old fashioned I know, but some things said between captains should not be transmitted over open air communications.

I sense a bit of jealous greed, or perhaps its just your merchanteering background. Since we currently are of equal rank I will speak frankly with you. The pilots who died fighting that silly war are no more your comrades then they are mine.

That being having been said I have to comment, and this is most likely my BHG training speaking, what good is all that valuable equipment doing anyone just floating around in those gas clouds?

Sure, you call them "grave robbers," but do you honestly believe that had Rhienland won that war those ships would still be floating there? Hardly, someone would have been sent into the debris fields and every bit of that wreckage would have been salvaged and either refitted or melted down and forged into new parts. Would that have been viewed as "desecrating graves?" No. That would have been seen as a legitimate salvage operation.

Besides, just because you see someone carrying those weapons doesn't mean they know where they come from or even what they are. For example: I collect old earth pistols. (Don't tell command, but I carry one of them instead of my issue in the field. The larger caliber ones have ALOT more stopping power than the POS's we get issued.)

Fiona

P.S. Please send your reply back with my currier at your convenience

P.P.S don't even THINK too loudly that I'm old enough to have come by those weapons legitimately or I'll hunt you down myself =P

----------------------
OOC This might be pushing things a bit too far, its one thing to enforce "law" and the server rules in rhienland systems. Might be different if sigma 13 was a system we claimed(which we can never do on accound of loosing the war) but there is such a thing as salvage rights. and we are about 80 years with of debris here.

Rheinland Military Message Dump - marauder - 10-25-2006

Fiona,

Thank you for your reply, you have made a good point.

I figured it would help use make some more money to boost our funds, I guess typing that up in the bar while having a few drinks to help me think was a bad idea.

I known that most of the capital ships lost in that war are already being scrapped by the junkers and the ALG, I guess their too busy to get around to the fighters in more remote areas yet.

As there hasn't been much reply I'm intending to request that my suggestion be dropped.

Thank you again for your reply,

Marauder

P.S. Would you mind if I had a look at your collection sometime?

I know what you mean about our standard issue sidearms being all but useless, I find it easier to smack people or throw large, heavy items at them.

If you have anything with the stopping power of a cannonball missile in handgun form I'd be very grateful.

Rheinland Military Message Dump - Colm Cillian - 10-26-2006

Marauder,

Next time Krieg gives you leave feel free to drop by, I'm sure youll find something you like. I don't normally sell pieces of my collection, but it has been "difficult" to get junker ale since I cut ties with the BHG.(im sure you can work out the rest)

My fighter wing is stationed out of Brandenburg, until I get a cruiser asignment. Damned bureaucrats keep pushing back the commisioning. I know loosing the war killed the economy, but you'd think that would be all the more reason to make rebuilding our military a priority. Well atleast I finally 90-ARKM-N9 MKIIs for all my pilots even if we did have to pay for the shield upgrades out of pocket.

Fiona

P.S. My supply officer says, "We have a few spare cannonball launchers and some corsair wine that was shipped to us by 'mistake." He wants to know if you have can spare any armour plating or generator parts.

Rheinland Military Message Dump - marauder - 10-26-2006

Fiona,

Thank you for your offer, I'll send a message to the boss asap about some leave.

As for those parts you mentioned I have a few contacts in the [IND] still, I'm sure that they'll be able to help out.

I know what you mean about getting a cruiser, mine is currently sitting bankrupt in NY awaiting a credit transfer so I can finish outfitting it.

Well, hopefully a little side 'job' will get me enough to be able to get home, or at least take the crew out, if they're left here much longer I'll have a mutiny on my hands.

Marauder

P.S. I hear that corsair wine is pretty good, if you send some over it might keep my crew under control a bit longer.

I'll have one of my old [IND] mates ship those generator parts and armour plating over asap.

Rheinland Military Message Dump - marauder - 11-07-2006

To: All RM capital ship commanders

Comm ID: Marauder, aboard the Plunderer

I have found that my crew's boredom has lent certain members of the engineering staff alot of 'creativity' when it comes to devising ways to entertain themselves, and making a fortune on the side too boot.

The situation first came to my attention when a BHG destroyer exploded as we passed it.

A junior engineer had the brainwave of hooking up a simulation booth to the ships flak cannons, by-passing fire-control and several safety systems.

So anyone using the booth was not shooting computer generated targets but real ships.

Which, admittedly, is not that much of a problem when your flying through nomad infested space, unless you come across 'friendly' ships, I'm just grateful he hadn't done done that until after we left NY.

I thought that the best way to deal with the junior engineer was to promote him, hoping that some responsibly would mature him...

Though after having to vent main engineering to space, due to a still (distilling something that probably shouldn't even be used by a human, let alone drunk) going critical, and being unable to use the cruise engines for a week I think I might have made a mistake.

So this a warning, DO NOT LET YOUR CREW BECOME BORED!

The repercussions result in alot of paperwork, compensation claims and a massive headache.

Rheinland Military Message Dump - Colm Cillian - 11-26-2006

To: RM Headquaters

After Action Report

Pilot Unselie was observed carrying artifacts though New Berlin approximately 4.5 kilometers from the Sigma 13 jump hole. Upon being ordered to drop his cargo the subject continued into the jump hole firing on my ship and several BHG fighters in the area.

A long range channel was opened to Unselie to inform him of the infractions, his reponse was that he had already where opened on a longrange frequency to inform Unselie of his infractions. Unselie replied that he would have complied except that his ship had already intiated the jump. When confronted he admited to droping mines prior to entering the hole, but maintained he had insufficient time to drop the crago.

Given the circumstances I withdraw the none compliance charges, but granted extinuating circumstances on the smuggling charges and informed him that if he paid the fine upon returning to Rhienland no further action would be taken.

Rheinland Military Message Dump - Wolfpack98 - 11-27-2006

Just a question, guys.

What would you guys say about me turning the Battlestar Kerberos over to Rheinland Control ? I have no real use of it right now since I'm not doing much capital ship fighting anymore, but I just want to know your thoughts.

Anyway, Hartmann now is ID'd and Tagged. Will do some more missions, possibly get the Cruiser.

Rheinland Military Message Dump - marauder - 11-27-2006

I'd say why not?

It'd give us, along with kriegs and komets battleships, the start of a pretty powerful fleet.

With cruiser and or fighter support I see no reason for the RM not to be able to beat liberty and get that damn debt removed.

Rheinland Military Message Dump - Korrd - 11-27-2006

Remember that RM does not allows non RH ships. You will have to make it a RH BS.

Rheinland Military Message Dump - Virus - 11-28-2006

Korrd,Nov 27 2006, 08:24 AM Wrote:Remember that RM does not allows non RH ships. You will have to make it a RH BS.
[snapback]46152[/snapback]

Exactly. Personally, a Battlestar in a Military fleet looks... Odd.