Discovery Gaming Community
Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=17934)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Athenian - 07-07-2009

From what I've read (both sides of this particular event) I don't think the idea of "fariplay" comes into it.

And generally speaking, I wouldn't even try to discuss issues of fairness, considering some people think it's "unfair" to attack bombers with fighters.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - schlurbi - 07-08-2009

' Wrote:Good Lord my first day in Liberty and already someone's complaining,you were flying a Bomber and was assisted by a Gunboat,against 2 fighters...what could possible 2 fighters do to a fully armed GB...i didnt engage bomber,i engage gb after bomber was destroyed...
And again i didnt landed a shot on you...you can ask outcast gb who was watching the fight
Over and out

First: You would have engaged the Bomber if the Outcast didnt say you stay there.

Second: Yes you engaged me in my Hacker after the Bomber died. So i had to deal with 3 people. Not like the Fighters werent doing anything.

Third: I am fully equipt. But if you were looking i was only shooting with 3 Solaris Turrets, and a few missiles from one Turret.

Quote:I'm not the Liberty Guildmaster, I just play a Bounty Hunter on holovid. (BHG|Colt.Severs, actually, who IS a holovid star.) However, I'd have to say that without actually posting the specific names and/or links to photos to support your issue, this is basically a moot point.

Many people who join pirate factions find themselves disliking hunters. Why? It's quite obvious - our job is to hunt you down and capture or kill you. We're not the BAF with delusions of honor and chivalry. For the most part, we're reformed criminals and/or people with grudges against criminals. (Read some of our backstories - many hunters became so because their families were killed by pirates.)

There are certain criminals that deserve our respect. Phate, for example, has a well deserved reputation. But most of you - you're the common scum of the universe, and best swept out with the rest of the trash. If there's a paycheck in it for us, then we're going after you, and we're planning on surviving ourselves to cash that paycheck.

Well, Bounty Hunters are also Pirates who joined the Guild after they were released from Huntsville, but that is hardly an excuse to shoot down any pirate you see. Not any Pirate is a Bloodthirsty, fightloving, raw-flesh eating, insane Man with one Eye and scars in his face. The Rogues for example, their goal is not really known. Well in-RP the LSF is holding it down. But the ex-Rogue who joined the BHG shouldnt just attack the pirate in front of him.

I've never met a BHG talking to me before he attacks me (Well, only the engagement Notice). As i said, not every pirate enjoys fighting. And also, i see Bounty Hunters acting like the Police. As a (indie) Bounty Hunter was talking me off when i entered New York with a Corvo Cruiser (My research ship on its way to Pennsylvania.).

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Athenian - 07-08-2009

This overlong string of "feedback" on one incident is a no-brainer. A member attacked you with two other fighters while you were in a gunboat? That's hardly grounds for any manner of complaint. I think you folks have been around Liberty too much, and you've lost persepctive. Feedback is not the appropriate place to complain because you lost a fight. If someone is grossly "unfair" or breaks a rule, I'll accomodate it...but this is ridiculous.

I don't give a damn about what someone "would" have done. You can no more read the future than anyone else. You wouldn't be complaining here if you had won that fight, right?

All pirates are bountied in Liberty. If another faction wants to stretch the bounds of credibility by doing some deal that's their prerogative. But we won't be ditching our canon rp (i.e hunt criminals not hold their hands) because someone else says so.

We play hunters, we hunt. If you get caught, we will shoot you. "Not every pirate enjoys fighting" - I honestly don't know what to say in response to this. Don't play a pirate. Or maybe just lose all your guns. Or surrender when they come for you. You can't live in a consequence-free world.

Indie" bounty hunters are outside the scope of this thread.

Complaining because their ships weren't equipped to meet the situation that a hunter sprung on them? That's your fault.

End of discussion on this particular one.

[Image: wastepaper-basket.jpg]

Complaints filed.

This is "Your" Feedback Topic. For your Faction. I didnt complain about dieing in a PVP. I talk about the generally lack of roleplay against a Pirate as Bounty Hunter.

If you cant stand complains close the Topic and let it rot.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Jinx - 07-08-2009

the point is - is the "general lack of RP" a problem that globally affects the BHG| faction? or was it just situational.

i have seen very weak RP by EVERY faction ( exclusive factions well included ) every now and then. - thats just human, not every day is a good day, not every situation can be RPed well.

i have also seen unfair situations caused by every faction ( exclusive factions well included )

so - lets put that very straight..

is your complaint a problem of the whole faction? - does "the BHG| faction" suffer from a global lack of RP and a general unfair attitude? - are you sure you are not biased - are you sure that the situation escalated out of the BHG players fault?

and i have to back athenian up there. - ... i don t go into a factions "feedback" thread and post things like:

"i have been attacked 2 to 1 - you should have held back in that situation"

i "might" write it - when i have been attacked 2 to 1 EVERY time i encountered them. or at least so many times that its the common situation.

you don t see the LPI complain when one of their pilots is attacked by two LR. - which most probably also happened sometimes

why don t you see it in their feedback threads? - cause it does NOT describe a general problem but only a specific situation.

As i said. I dont complain about dieing, or being outnumbered. I am complaining about that i dont see any Role Play towards pirates. A part Hunters are ex-Pirates. But that doesnt mean that they engage a Pirate on sight. (Maybe if they were tricked or something else by the pirates) But normally dont just attack them. Why isnt it possible that a Rogue and a Bounty Hunter meets and they recognice eahc others voice in the Comm. I dont think you want to kill and old friend would you?

My complain is about that i dont get any role play of a BHG except the Notice of his engaging. My view at the moment is a moneyloving, pvp-whoring faction (from a pirate view). And i am not the only one thinking like that. Probably sounds harsh, sorry for that. Also, i get killed without even have a bounty on my head. I know the blankets, but is about 500K so much that you kill someone on sight?

PS: Sorry for my post before. But a Feedback includes complains.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Cosmos - 07-08-2009

I personally think this faction has come along way from what it was.

Athenian has given the BHG a good reputation, considering what the bounty hunters reputation used too be.

the only thing I dislike is when i get missle whored in gamma:(

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - ophidian - 07-08-2009

Considering being in one of the most "interracting" factions with BHG, I face with all kinds of situations. However, I have to congratulate the level of fairplay I have seen in the last few days.

Especialy, BHG|Rick.Mickey deserves a good fairplay award from me, being able to seperate the RL / in game char differences well and being a good example to other hunter players.

Keep up the good work.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Athenian - 08-24-2009

Update.

Members - out of character chat in system chat is never, ever, ever necessary. We will institute internal disciplinary proceedings for this in future.

Some tips.

You kill someone. They aren't aware of or not inclined to leave the system under the four hour rule. PM them and remind them. Do not say "//randomguy, leave the system". This was always a personal annoyance when I was on the end of it.

You need to go to the bathroom. Just say //afk in group. Do not say "Need to go peepee" in system chat.

Should I have to remind people of these?

Anyway, next thing. I have informed one particular member of this already and he has chosen to perhaps misinterpret the instructions, so I'll repeat it here in a non-roleplay manner. If your ship is BHG-Core in its tag, it stays in the Core systems. Make a separate character if needs be.

We'll be looking for a potential Guildmaster soon. Apply by PM.

edit : And another thing. Go and read the four hour rule while you're at it. And stop bloody hanging around the freeports!

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Jinx - 08-24-2009

another thing.... :

we ( that is the BHG| ) needs more active hunters. - i know that bounty hunting isn t all the rage these days anymore. - but we have like 10 times more "core" than we have hunters.

even after well over a month - i only got a single applicant for kusari. - and while i do agree that the hunting for individual targets is real work instead of just departing from dabadoru and stirring up some order guys. - it would really be nice to see more hunters again.

i m not sure how the situation developed in bretonia / liberty / rheinland ( certainly more active than in kusari ) - but i d like to see more hunters in the house space again.

just another thing.... BHG| does not really join up with the BHG-Core| ... unless specificly requested ( yes, i know thats a silly thing to say when i just asked for more normal BHG players )