Discovery Gaming Community
A few notes about the server status - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: A few notes about the server status (/showthread.php?tid=39691)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

A few notes about the server status - tazuras - 05-11-2010

' Wrote:The update on opening the trade routes window will have to wait until 4.86.
Mmmmk, fair enough. As long as it is on the to do list.

A few notes about the server status - Veronee - 05-11-2010

Hi cannon.
Lil bug to report, it seems to be related to server load.

Sometimes when you fire a cruise diruptor or a missile it doesn't track. This used happen intermitantly but now its happening near constantly.
It doesn't help if you deselect and re-select your target or if you select a component on their ship.

I have had a few instances now where I fire a cd, it moves out slowly in front of me and then just pops and drops me out of engine kill even though the target is 2.5 away.

A few players I have fought are having this problem.

A few notes about the server status - Cannon - 05-11-2010

That should be fixed now (as of about 12 hours ago).

A few notes about the server status - DarthBindo - 05-11-2010

Have you server guys ever given a thought to virtualization of the server?
Vmware should allow you to get around the "Freelancer does not support multiple cores" problem by virtualizing a single bus/CPU and delegating the threads assigned to it to the physical CPUs.
I think.
It would certainly take some prep and experimentation, and a lot of work, but if it could be done it would be awesomeness.

A few notes about the server status - Valinor - 05-11-2010

It seems i wasn't able to send PM or use the /t .. i guess it's something temporary.

A few notes about the server status - Wuselkobold - 05-11-2010

I had something weird happen right now, I was fighting someone in Frankfurt. While gunfire and mines caused regular damage, I can't see any Cruise Disruptor fired by me nor my opponent, nor do they have any effect. I can however, hear the firing sound and the ammo count goes down too. There was also yellow to red- lag all the time. Had some problems with weird CDs yesterday too, they seemed to fly into random directions.

A few notes about the server status - Cannon - 05-11-2010

The run over the busy period was interesting. Yesterday at 150 players the server was operating with a load of 130-150 msec.

About 8 hours from the time of this post, I upgraded the flhook software to improve its efficiency. With 150 players on right now, the server has a load of 80-100 msec.

Unfortunately there's still a situation where the server gets behind in processing game information from players. When this happens the load can continue to increase cumulatively by 200 msec every second. The game is unplayable over about 250-500 msec load. When the total load hits 6000 msec the server is automatically restarted.

As a result of the statistics gathered over the last two days, I've concluded that the current server can't keep up with more than around 160 players online. We will do something about this as soon as possible - either by getting the server split to work or moving to a faster CPU. In the mean time, I am going to think about reducing the maximum player count to 150.

Quote:Have you server guys ever given a thought to virtualization of the server?
Won't work for several different reasons. Incidentally, if it could work then CPU designers would present a single virtualised core and we wouldn't need virtualisation.

Quote:It seems i wasn't able to send PM or use the /t .. i guess it's something temporary.
Yes there's definitely an issue here. I'll look into it.

Quote:I can't see any Cruise Disruptor fired by me nor my opponent
This can happen when the server load goes over 500 msec. The server drops certain types of events to try to drop the load.

A few notes about the server status - tazuras - 05-11-2010

Guessing what is described in the following thread is also a load issue: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=68553&st=0

A few notes about the server status - lw'nafh - 05-12-2010

Server just went buh-bye.

A few notes about the server status - Govedo13 - 05-12-2010

Yesterday we had big BAF /KNF/Hogosha/Mercs/Jokers fight in Leeds. At the begging we were about 8 ships. when the players were around 12 (2 BS 4 Desies 6-7 bombers, 1 gb and 5-6 fighters)no cds and no missiles hitted any more.I lost 2/3 of my Hull without noticing(Kusari BS cap 6) , my mothars didn't hit and the chat was delayed with 20 secs and some msgs didnt came, that and then the server crashed after 25 min battle(The whole Mimoto family died slowly couse the lags and bretonian guns- it was fun).It seems that when more then 6-7 people have fight and in server are more then 160-170 people the server overloads and crashes. Few months ago the server kicked the laggy players if they have more then 15% loss now the max loss is 60%. I just want to know what to do because I dont feel right when because of me and couple of friends who like massive battles the server overloads. Shall we avoid big battles with many players involved till the server is fixed? I want to thank you Cannon for all that you do to allow us to have fun.If somehow the common players can help tell us.