Discovery Gaming Community
Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Rheinland (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: [RM] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=604)
+----- Thread: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9130)

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Auriec - 02-05-2014

DHC- 5.02:18:12
[ALG]- 5.13:02:27

When you take pew-focus official factions into account only, and then compare it with other regions, you can come to the conclusion that it's dead. What about traders, indies, however? Taking out indies and traders out of the equation would significantly reduce the population of Liberty too, yet they create enjoyable interactions too. Same happens in Rheinland. In Disco, indies make up the majority of the population, while officials are the minority. Only mentioning the minorities doesn't get you anywhere.

Don't forget the other factions like Nomads that go here for a rampage walk.

You would actually be surprised if you'd see how many fights the DHC security seeks. You could ask Pavel so you can organise some pews together, but if you don't even include them or [ALG] in your list of Rheinland factions, then you should really reconsider how valid your list actually is.

Again, if you read my response to Amir, you'd see how I think that the statement is from someone who barely used any opportunities to participate in mini-events, patrols, raids for different reasons. By that I mean that the view is very limited from spending a minimal amount of time with the other members. Without anything specifically at hand to show, that part gets pretty redundant.

Quote:I can't remember a single time in the last several months where I'd log my RHA and -not- be ganked by Rheinland lawfuls, including [RM] officials. There's a clear faction wide attitude that it's fine to gank, and that you should do anything in your power to avoid losing.

Again, gank != unequal numbers. You don't even want to know how often LNS- outnumbered us in Hamburg and we still won because we just fought them instead of running, screaming gank or whatever. I start do doubt whether you have actually read what I have written at all and just continue just for the sake of bashing.

From experience in the past, [RHA] has been known to us challenging people who could easily 1v2 or 1v3 our pilots. If that has changed a lot, let me know. Considering your policy never to give blues, I assume that it has not and your training and experience might still be superior, which makes me think that sending one of my recruits against one of you might not be fair at all.
Tbh, if that makes you come here and scream gank because you can't get easy blues anymore, I shouldn't be the only one to reconsider the own attitude.

//edit - Oh yeah, it's exam time too.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Pancakes - 02-05-2014

(02-05-2014, 12:39 PM)LordVipex Wrote: DHC- 5.02:18:12

When you take pew-focus official factions into account only, and then compare it with other regions, you can come to the conclusion that it's dead. What about traders, indies, however? Taking out indies and traders out of the equation would significantly reduce the population of Liberty too, yet they create enjoyable interactions too. Same happens in Rheinland. In Disco, indies make up the majority of the population, while officials are the minority. Only mentioning the minorities doesn't get you anywhere.

Don't forget the other factions like Nomads that go here for a rampage walk.

You would actually be surprised if you'd see how many fights the DHC security seeks. You could ask Pavel so you can organise some pews together, but if you don't even include them or [ALG] in your list of Rheinland factions, then you should really reconsider how valid your list actually is.

Again, if you read my response to Amir, you'd see how I think that the statement is from someone who barely used any opportunities to participate in mini-events, patrols, raids for different reasons. By that I mean that the view is very limited from spending a minimal amount of time with the other members. Without anything specifically at hand to show, that part gets pretty redundant.

Quote:I can't remember a single time in the last several months where I'd log my RHA and -not- be ganked by Rheinland lawfuls, including [RM] officials. There's a clear faction wide attitude that it's fine to gank, and that you should do anything in your power to avoid losing.

Again, gank != unequal numbers. You don't even want to know how often LNS- outnumbered us in Hamburg and we still won because we just fought them instead of running, screaming gank or whatever. I start do doubt whether you have actually read what I have written at all and just continue just for the sake of bashing.

From experience in the past, [RHA] has been known to us challenging people who could easily 1v2 or 1v3 our pilots. If that has changed a lot, let me know. Considering your policy never to give blues, I assume that it has not and your training and experience might still be superior, which makes me think that sending one of my recruits against one of you might not be fair at all.
Tbh, if that makes you come here and scream gank because you can't get easy blues anymore, I shouldn't be the only one to reconsider the own attitude.

Yes and I've fought DHC in the past. And you know what? I loved every damn moment.

You do realize that if someone wish to find his pewpew in a manner that everyone enjoys he goes to a trading faction rather than the local law enforcers it's rather sad, right?

Also, a large portion of both of those factions is done outside Rheinland. Because (and prepare to be amazed) they trade in other houses too!

Call my claims redundant, I've flew enough time in space for it to completely dis-encourage me from doing so anymore. And if you claim I have flew only a meager amount (which isn't quite true, again, the 2 months budget you've gave me weren't the only 2 months in which I was in [RM]), and that meager amount was enough to drive me away from [RM], you have quite an issue.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Ryummel - 02-05-2014

DHC, cash cow faction. Pavel will understand. ALG? They fly mostly together with their IMG buddies in Omegas or Taus.

Those are the worst examples you could've picked up to back Rheinland's supposedly existing activity. Just admit it, you reap what you sow.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - bloogaL - 02-05-2014

I'll stick basically my responses to you in Skype here too:

Dead houses are heaven for powertrading/mining factions. See EFL's activity.

(02-05-2014, 12:39 PM)LordVipex Wrote: You would actually be surprised if you'd see how many fights the DHC security seeks.

And they don't find them because those unlawfuls don't want to play in Rheinland anymore. There's a reason for that, you know. But on top of that, this is [RM]'s feedback, not DHC's. I've no issue with DHC's conduct.

(02-05-2014, 12:39 PM)LordVipex Wrote: Again, gank != unequal numbers. You don't even want to know how often LNS- outnumbered us in Hamburg and we still won because we just fought them instead of running, screaming gank or whatever. I start do doubt whether you have actually read what I have written at all and just continue just for the sake of bashing.

Congrats, you beat down LNS spam. That's not exactly a staggering feat. As any organised group of pirates, GRN etc. will show you.

(02-05-2014, 12:39 PM)LordVipex Wrote: From experience in the past, [RHA] has been known to us challenging people who could easily 1v2 or 1v3 our pilots. If that has changed a lot, let me know. Considering your policy never to give blues, I assume that it has not and your training and experience might still be superior, which makes me think that sending one of my recruits against one of you might not be fair at all.

There's not really any avid PvPers that log RHA anymore. But on top of that, there's not anyone who really logs RHA anymore at all. And I don't care about easy blues. Easy means boring. I care about a decent interaction for both sides.
As for our apparent never give blues policy, talk to me in Skype about that. If there's some issue with our few guys that might actually be logging running at the first sign of a loss too, I'll talk to them about it.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Vogel - 02-07-2014

Considering the [RM] I knew was ganked on a regular basis, including by much more capable enemies mano y mano, this seems like a perfectly logical conclusion. The organization adapts to its environment and fights fire with fire, where more guns and more skill can only be countered by an overwhelming avalanche of more guns.

I would congratulate them on finally invoking some tactical sense, but with the precipitous decline, and the apparent lack of unlawful activity, now it's ripe for accusations of the once-ganked being the gank squad. Ironic.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Vrabcek - 02-07-2014

I demand Admiral Landers to quit his early retirement, return from the beautiful beaches of Planet Baden baden, return to active leadership duty and lead the faction to its active role again...

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - LunaticOnTheGrass - 02-07-2014

(02-07-2014, 02:02 AM)Vogel Wrote: Considering the [RM] I knew was ganked on a regular basis, including by much more capable enemies mano y mano, this seems like a perfectly logical conclusion. The organization adapts to its environment and fights fire with fire, where more guns and more skill can only be countered by an overwhelming avalanche of more guns.

I would congratulate them on finally invoking some tactical sense, but with the precipitous decline, and the apparent lack of unlawful activity, now it's ripe for accusations of the once-ganked being the gank squad. Ironic.

It's already been shouted nearly a half-a-dozen dozen times, but:

There was nothing either fair, "called for", or "tactical" about that encounter. We were roleplaying around our own base within a nebula, no base attack notice had been posted in the official thread, and there was no prior history (unless I am cruelly mistaken, and in that case I invite the Rheinland Lawfuls to talk to me about it) from either the Vagrant Raiders or the Vereinigte Widerstandsarmee of a gank occurring the other way 'round.

In fact to my knowledge, this was both the second time that the VR/VWA have allied in Rheinland, and the second time that our force of almost entirely snubcraft (or with the exception of a VR Battleship focused down by a Turtle + 4 Cruisers) has been attacked by a very unfairly over-the-top opposing force.

So to sum that bit up, the mistakes of past Rheinland factions don't justify today's ganking.

Pancakes Wrote:It gets to a boiling point when you have NOTHING to do because players would rather avoid you than meet you on space.

Can confirm, would avoid. Just so there's no confusion, the Bundschuh ID does not accommodate battleships, or even cruisers.

There are 3 Gunboats in the entire VWA faction, I don't allow any members to use one without prior permission from me and preceding RP, and the Gunboat I use is literally nothing more than a RP-prop because I have no idea how to fly it effectively.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Landers - 02-10-2014

I'm not going to write a long monologue, but I think you should care about your recruits more. Maybe some enlightenment about what they can do and what not...

A question about the relations of our groups, shall we expect such behaviour from your side, or this was just a one-off incident?

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/3056/mvc1.jpg
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/7848/l2pz.jpg
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/1094/j9ed.jpg
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4457/xzep.jpg
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3198/4idy.jpg

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Havok - 02-10-2014

In reply to you, Landers.

I've seen the pictures, and I've already lectured the recruits that what happened is unacceptable. I'd write it off as a one-off incedent. I do not intend for our groups to gain hostility towards one another. If there are any more problems, feel free to use this thread, or PM me personally.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Zayne Carrick - 07-08-2014

Guys, there won't be [RM] revival, if you'll run/ignore from us.
I know that some of [RHA] pilots are scary, but others are not.