Discovery Gaming Community
Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Rheinland (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: [RM] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=604)
+----- Thread: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9130)

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Ichtan - 06-12-2008

Jinx, thank you very much for the points you've made about us needing another real purpose. I hadn't really considered that our current RP was getting a bit stale, but you're right. We need something else to do otherwise RM is going to stagnate and die. I'm going to personally brainstorm some ideas and present them to Virus and Dustin for consideration. Hopefully we'll be able to start posting some interesting stories etc. for you guys to read.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - SimonBlack - 06-12-2008

Needs fresh blood. Always has ideas and turns the oldies on with their enthusiasm.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Akumabito - 06-12-2008

' Wrote:I have to say that even though the RM isnt really active right now, when they are on they give solid RP and try their best to be what they are supposed to be.

I've seen the RM go after a noob who had a wraith, it wasn't solid RP, it was oorp "you can't fly that because you're not in our faction, sell it or we will kill you.". I wish I had screenied it.

I guess with the current ship policy it's impossible to RP that, especially with the vast majority who are unaware of the RM's intolerance (especially when today there was a rhiendland cruiser at manhatt where all the newbies are) but there probably is a better way to try to RP this sort of thing.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - sovereign - 06-13-2008

Couple of points-

First off, there is talk in the RM forums of both a weekly RM vs RP (Rheinland Pirates) event and the workup to skirmishes with Liberty.

Second off, the BHG BCs need to go more for the sake of the pirates than the RM, they aren't fun to fight and we always win if there's a bomber and anything else online- if there isn't, then we run and there is no fight. Passing through to Omega-15 is fine, going after pirates is not. Perhaps a restriction on capital ship activity of all sorts, in addition to the "no caps within 5k of a populated planet" rule something along the lines of "no engaging pirate fighters with non-RM caps, ooRP it isn't fair and inRP that's our job" kind of thing?

Third off, the lockdown on indies is mainly because a good seven-eighths of them are power whores or idiots. For whatever reason, this kind of scum is attracted to the green lights of Rheinland- if a person RPs as they should, I'll group up with them and put in a good word as well as encouraging them to join the faction, but most of them are completely clueless or just want to boss people around. Thus, the indie restriction, which while not optimal ensures that Rheinland doesn't become another New York. The Rheinland pirate groups help police the indie RM population too, if they act like idiots then we'll hunt them down and murderize them to get them to leave.

Its more of enforcing a standard than repressing indies- two nights ago, there was a guy in a cruiser named RMS-Admiral.somethingorother, and I told him "I don't recognize your name, are you a new promotion?"

That's a pretty open-ended question, if he says "yes" then its all well and good, I RP just being out of the loop until I get Virus to talk to the guy and figure out something to keep everyone happy.

I almost didn't believe it.

He said "No, I'm one of the 'indy' military."

:dry:

:nono:

ooRP, I already knew that. inRP, he's off his rocker. I responded "Uh, are you feeling okay? Either you're in the military or you aren't. Are you?" He tells me that "I'm not in the Rheinland Military but I'm in the military, yes."

If you, as a person in the navy somewhere, heard a commanding officer talking like that, being totally serious, and really meaning it, you would remove them from command for being totally nuts. On the forums or marked "//" its okay to talk like that, but in RP... WTF, man, I handed you a chance to help out like you wanted to, and you're effing it up and acting like an idiot.

It got worse and worse, with him giving me all kinds of bull about his independence from the RMHC, and then asked me what his orders were.

I almost cried. Someone RP'ing an Admiral, and asking a private for orders. And being totally serious.

:wacko:

:nono:

THAT is why there is a restriction on indie military. Because this isn't out of the ordinary. When we went to PMs to try and figure out a happy ending, I suggested he join the [RM] to get a better understanding of the roleplay. He asked if he could keep the cruiser, and I told him "you can't tag it [RM] until you get to Captain, but we'll give you a free fighter" and he acted like I just shot his dog or something. At one point I brought up that he should get a namechange anyway, since RPing one of the fourteen admirals in the RM is pretty big stuff (and implies a battleship as things would have it) and... dear god, he acted like I was the Evil Wicked Witch or something for suggesting he hadn't put that much thought into his investment.

>.>

</rant>

If we get good indies, they usually join up with the [RM] or defect into good pirates (Exhibit A, zapp's Wesley.Richter-[LWB]). The rest are about as good at RPing as tar is at cleaning hair. I really wish we had more good indies, but until the playing field changes and they stop acting like their "indie-ness" is what's important and focus on actually RPing as military ([IRM]Camtheman, wtf is wrong with you...) then there isn't much we can do. Why would we facilitate the garbage that comes through? Better to purge the idiocy from them than foster it for the sake of indie rights.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Ichtan - 06-13-2008

What he said.

I also hope that the people who said we needed more activity were on today, there was at least one RM on all day and at one point there were I think four of us on at once for about 40 minutes.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - tfmachad - 06-13-2008

' Wrote:I've seen the RM go after a noob who had a wraith, it wasn't solid RP, it was oorp "you can't fly that because you're not in our faction, sell it or we will kill you.". I wish I had screenied it.

I guess with the current ship policy it's impossible to RP that, especially with the vast majority who are unaware of the RM's intolerance (especially when today there was a rhiendland cruiser at manhatt where all the newbies are) but there probably is a better way to try to RP this sort of thing.

Yeah, we eat babies for breakfast too...:dry:(oh, that's blunt)

[Image: Wrath01-1065769.gif] [Image: Wrath02-1065770.gif] [Image: Wrath03-1065771.gif]

Blosse Sterblich and Georg Morass. Both not [RM] tagged RM:
[Image: RMs-1065772.gif]

Everytime I see anything bigger than gunboat class ships loitering in Rheinland space I order it out. Why people consider nations would allow third party warships to troll unhindered inside their territory is beyond me.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Virus - 06-13-2008

I eat a bowl of nails for breakfast, with a side dish of scrambled orphans. Did I mention that I substitute gravel for milk?

In any case... RM will be getting more active (I hope). I have a couple of changes going on (hopefully to get people more active and give individual goals; i.e. promotions).

More than that, I'll also be taking into consideration Jinx's ideas. Rheinland does need a direction, and she's actually quite right about there being little to no real "quest" for Rheinland. War with Liberty has always been on the plate, but that's kind of seeming to wait until the next mod version... We'll think of something.

Thank you to those who are contributing.

On a side note, please STOP telling us we need to be more active... But if you do, come up with a way to fix it. This is a critique of our RP in-game and on the forums (perhaps we need more of this, too?), critiques mean gives at least one good thing before the bad stuff... And give SUGGESTIONS.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Praetyre - 06-13-2008

' Wrote:I eat a bowl of nails for breakfast, with a side dish of scrambled orphans. Did I mention that I substitute gravel for milk?

There seems to be a proud tradition of strange eating habits among Germanic dictators;
[Image: Guerre_14-18-Humour-L]
[Image: hitler_melon.gif]

@gronath; It was Onyx (Caylith) who invented the deep fried baby, actually.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Unseelie - 06-13-2008

Since you are confined to rheinland, I'm not sure, but I have found just logging on with my character, and suggesting we raid the noodlemunching barbarians or trap the corsair rats in their holes in omega 5 will rouse a good amount of activity rather quickly...

Any sort of combat experience, especially when led by the faction leader, often attracts many, many people. If its activity you seek, and excuse me if you're already doing this, a regular presence from the leadership will help bring it out. Even more so if you give them something to do.

I do know of one specific snubnose that is running rather amuk, and you may want to try and recapture it.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - tfmachad - 06-13-2008

Unseelie has a point, Rob. I know you prefer to lead the faction from a political standpoint (by portraying the Reinhardt internally) rather than coming to the field in the shoes of the high ranked military leader. Problem is that when you come around as Lt. Engel or Cpl. Zirzow, our low ranked pilots don't recognize them as being Virus' characters or worse, they do, and all may gather mixed feelings about leading or following somebody else's orders when you could/should(?) be doing it yourself. I'm not proposing that you give up playing these characters. What I'm saying is that it wouldn't hurt us for you to have a military character from which you could lead us in the field, or at least share leadership with Caylith and Kane. I think it would add to RM's identification with its leader. Even though we have access to Reinhardt in our forums, he is not there flying with us.