Discovery Gaming Community
[Infopage] Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: [Infopage] Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=135495)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Major. - 02-12-2018

We will work on that.

Hopefully the next encounter is better.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Enkidu - 02-12-2018

(02-12-2018, 09:45 AM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: Here I'am, coming with a short message.

Maybe the attack on Bering with the mighty RM fleet was a little bit... overkill. That's why I'm here, to say actually sorry.

Alot of People know me and my "I never ganked or will gank anyone, no matter if he ganked me like 1000 times" attitude, but... I kinda breaked this personal rule for me this sunday.

So yeah, as the 2iC of [RM], I'm here to say sorry for the steamroll that happened yesterday in Bering and I swear that something like this will never happen under my command again.

Ps. I'm not really good in writing this stuff.

Apology accepted, thank you. : )

We'll do what we can our end to keep it fun as well.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Zyliath - 03-05-2018

I'll leave this here as a not-so-positive feedback. Logs from like a few minutes ago, in Bering, near FP2.
Code:
[05.03.2018 21:10:11] Cloaking device off
[05.03.2018 21:10:15] Preparing to cloak...
[05.03.2018 21:10:15] H|-SNS-Harmony: Waste belongs-
[05.03.2018 21:10:19] H|-SNS-Harmony: What's that ship.
[05.03.2018 21:10:21] CV-Apotheosis: From there it will be brought to Pacifica.
[05.03.2018 21:10:26] Cloaking device on
[05.03.2018 21:10:32] Cloaking device off
[05.03.2018 21:10:32] Alert: Cloaking device disruption field detected.
[05.03.2018 21:10:41] Forlorn|-Garrus:Hendrix: I don't like cloaking ships.
[05.03.2018 21:10:50] 2018-03-05 21:10:55 SMT  Traffic control alert: CV-Apotheosis has requested to dock
[05.03.2018 21:10:50] H|-SNS-Harmony: Stop and identify yourself.
[05.03.2018 21:10:58] Death: Kuzma-2 suffered a self-administered loadout error (Missile/Torpedo).
[05.03.2018 21:10:59] Oracle|Abrolhos: "Why would I?"
[05.03.2018 21:11:02] Cloaking Device restored.
[05.03.2018 21:11:06] Oracle|Abrolhos: "I just had to change my ship."
[05.03.2018 21:11:11] H|-SNS-Harmony: Well if you don't it has consequences.
[05.03.2018 21:11:18] Oracle|Abrolhos: "Oh really?"
[05.03.2018 21:11:24] Oracle|Abrolhos: "How hostiles.
[05.03.2018 21:11:24] Death: Oracle|Abrolhos was put out of action by H|-SNS-Harmony (Gun).
Now, while I understand the stance towards my ship, I wasn't given enough time to actually formulate a decent answer or even react to the incoming fire, and as a fact I was just blown to smithereens. Heck, I'll be totally honest here - I'd have answered you anyway after taunting inRP a bit.

By looking at the log, I had exactly 13 seconds between Harmony's line (which is even considered a decent engagement notice?) and my blue message in order to react. I was blued before having the time to actually answer and react. From my answer - "Oh really?" - to the blue message I count 6 seconds, which is way not enough for someone to write down an answer.

And to top it all off - this was my first ever interaction with a member of Battlegroup Harmony, and I'd give it a 2/10.

~ Oracle|Abrolhos

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Skorak - 03-05-2018

[22:17:05] Skorak: That is an official faction. Being all edgy "Why should I?" in front of a rogue navy warship that's inside its restricted fortified area.

To add to that, it's really not very clever nomad cultists next to a warship that nukes civilian transports when they're hostile.
There's a big effort being done to keep reminding people that the nomad controlled Navy is the reason the Battlegroup got attacked in the first place.

Being dismissive of that is so ridiculous that I didn't intend to spend more time on it.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Shelco - 03-20-2018

Hello, I have recently noticed a surprisingly high amount of capital ships flying with your colors, so I wanted to check out the RP, specifically of your new battleship, the Chefornak. I must say I was quite stunned when I opened the comm that was supposed to be the reasoning for adding a flying fortress to a supposedly "small" group of resistance fighters. I always found that Harmony was very good at maintaining a seriousness level in terms of capital classes but now that I see as many Harmony caps as I see Liberty Navy ones I am slowly wondering how much it takes for you to accept more of these ships into the faction. I mean, come on, 3 posts by the defecting pilot with the most classy excuse "We don't like the incompetent high command so we instantly switch to one of the arch enemies because we now think you're better", that is all you wanted to work with? I mean, I understand that getting a cap for free is awesome but the requirement you made for that is the lowest one I have seen from any defection RP ever, it looks like it was planned to lead to a fast adding of an Overlord for the sake of having one, although I am pointing my finger more at the perosn that started the comm. What I wonder though is why you decided to go along with it, takingthe easy chance of a possibly inexperienced player who would not set high RP standards and just roll with it to get a cap? I hope I am wrong. Would really like an answer about that as I don't want to see Harmony becoming something to talk about like LN indies, I hope you understand that I am not trying to offend you or insult you.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Insurgency Navy - 03-20-2018

Thank you for your feedback. I'd like to highlight a few points that you've raised. First is that an entire battlegroup is hardly a small group of resistance fighters, more so given the support from several other groups. Secondly is that while battleships are ID limited, there are no limitations on cruisers or battlecruisers. This leads into the third point of the response, in which every single H|- tagged capital has existed for more than a year, with the exception of the gunboats, which have a single newer entry.

Finally, if your complaint is about the choice of a battleships crew defecting, citing incompetency as a reason, I'd like to remind you of this. A real life case of such.

Edit: Wrong Link, this is the one I intended, specifically the section "Overthrow and pardon"

The „small“ part was put in quotation marks because it is not small but smaller compared to the actual navy, I understand that the ID is unrestricted on cruiserd but this shouldn’t mean an infinite amount of caps in my opinion but my concern isn’t the amount of cruisers but the very specific defection of the new dread. You didn’t really quite answer my question so I am going to ask this: Was the RP that was provided for the defection enough and also somewhat creative that you decided to go along with it? Or was it a simple as possible and you decided to use it because why not?

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Enkidu - 03-20-2018

(03-20-2018, 01:08 PM)Shelco Wrote: The „small“ part was put in quotation marks because it is not small but smaller compared to the actual navy, I understand that the ID is unrestricted on cruiserd but this shouldn’t mean an infinite amount of caps in my opinion but my concern isn’t the amount of cruisers but the very specific defection of the new dread. You didn’t really quite answer my question so I am going to ask this: Was the RP that was provided for the defection enough and also somewhat creative that you decided to go along with it? Or was it a simple as possible and you decided to use it because why not?

This seems to be impacted by the idea of "capital ships changing allegiance is a fundamentally bad concept" idea. But that idea is more rooted in "I don't want other people to have fun toys/caps are bad" without any basis in reality.

However, in naval history, it was exceptionally common for vessels until well into the age of shells and even guided munitions to change allegiances frequently as they were captured by one side or the other, or the commanders and crew decided to side with one group or another in a civil conflict. Compare Free French and occupied French warships in the second world war. In the Napoleonic wars, any vessel that surrendered and was still afloat would frequently be towed to an allied port, patched up, and put back into service. There were ships which were originally Spanish, then French, then English, and vice versa, all within one service life.

Why would that be any different in Discovery?

Harmony, in addition, is a civil war group. Their entire forces are made up of Liberty Navy personnel who have strong reasons to believe that their high command is compromised, and thus flew off. There's even precedents in Discovery: I.E: The entire Order. Also the Council's battleships. Also the GMG's, the Unioners (although most of the three Unioner ones [2 atrociously under equipped Bayerns, one crew-killing spyglass] are at least 40% bolted-on scrap from various other military craft), The Kusari Imperials for a while, and the Blood Dragons. This is a well-documented discovery phenomenon.

Also, when you realise there's an entire Liberty Navy Fleet assigned to Texas (might even be two), complaining about 3 Harmony battleships dependent upon foreign supplies seems a bit off. The Hellfire Legion have about Six, yet the Legion doesn't have the capability to take star systems.

I never had a problem with defecting caps, the concept is only that hated because it was a.) used way too often b.) rather badly executed when really attempted. We have no 500 naval vessels on Disco where a defection doesn't make a noticeable difference or raises too much attention, so I don't understand why we should apply 1:1 copying from the real life history. The problem I have with this specific ship is the lacking amount and not-outstanding quality of RP that was provided to fulfill such a big move. If you defect a ship within 10 days then I would expect there to be a lot of very detailed and "reasonable" roleplay, this was just 1 transmission with a reason that was used almost every time.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - SnakThree - 03-20-2018

(03-20-2018, 01:26 PM)Tænì Wrote: Why would that be any different in Discovery?

Because it's all electronic now and you it's no longer defection with wooden/metal ships. While freedom to roleplay how you like should not be taken away, it would be stupid to ignore any possible countermeasures for capture/defection every single capital ship would be hardwired with.