Discovery Gaming Community
Freelancer Timeline - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Freelancer Timeline (/showthread.php?tid=2626)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Freelancer Timeline - sovereign - 05-18-2008

' Wrote:We cannot change SP-related systems, unfortunately. To keep the game SP-compatible. There are plenty of other systems to modify.

Wait, we can't tweak them even if we leave the parts actually used by SP? Like the wreckage? All they use in Sigma-13 is the two jumpholes I thought....

Freelancer Timeline - Kuraine - 05-18-2008

Quote:We cannot change SP-related systems, unfortunately. To keep the game SP-compatible. There are plenty of other systems to modify.

Igiss, i'm appreciative of all the time and effort you've put into this, for without it Freelancer would probably just be another of those games resigned to the dustbin of history, but I really think you need to revise this stance, for the good of Discovery as a whole. I doubt i'm alone in the opinion that we should drop the pretence of being single player compatible.

If players want to play the single player campaign, just let them play vanilla single player. Honestly, it's not like you can use half the stuff in Disco during SP campaign anyway, not to mention the single player campaign is now ridiculously hard and all but impossible to complete while using the Discovery Mod. Multiplayer does not conflict with SP Open in any fashion because there is no "linear storyline based missions" to adhere to, so there is no conflict there.

Freelancer Timeline - Praetyre - 05-18-2008

I have to agree. Though, a concern of mine is seeing news reports from 816 AS (including one time where I read frontpage storyline news about concerns of the first interhouse war and could read about the Kusari-Bret war in progress), especially about the Nomads (you can probably read about Wilde while in the middle of infested space) ahead of time.

Basically, Discovery is about the future of vanilla, so to speak. Having things from that future in the campaign breaks immersion and feels odd.

Freelancer Timeline - Exsiled_one - 05-18-2008

Can this be placed in the discovery wiki so the official factions have the right to edit it all and maybe place bits and pieces of their own histories into according years. It would benefit the roleplay and certain individuals (perhaps leaders or the factions and the people with the admin granted id-s (mon'star) could write bits of their stories as well.

Also, can a wiki get the infobox ability, it would so help to build the Factions page.

Freelancer Timeline - Igiss - 05-18-2008

I'll think about how to remove the news from SP campaign. In certain ways, it should be possible...

What is an infobox?

Freelancer Timeline - Exsiled_one - 05-18-2008

It's one of the editing commands in the wiki. Like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Infobox

It's just that I went around editing OPG page and I thought it would be good actually to put an infobox with the ranks and names, and faction diplomacy while the actual description text and reports of some major battles remain in the main body of the text.
It was just an quick mention out of my head igiss, nothing big of a deal. =)
I don't know if that thing costs or something to have it placed in your own wiki.

When you remove the news, can you actually update them with new?

Freelancer Timeline - Kuraine - 05-18-2008

Quote:I'll think about how to remove the news from SP campaign. In certain ways, it should be possible...

Igiss, that'd be nice, but I am curious as to why you want the single player campaign in the Discovery mod so badly? Why not just let everyone play vanilla Freelancer if they want the single player campaign?

Freelancer Timeline - sovereign - 05-19-2008

' Wrote:Igiss, that'd be nice, but I am curious as to why you want the single player campaign in the Discovery mod so badly? Why not just let everyone play vanilla Freelancer if they want the single player campaign?

IDEA: Split an SP version and an MP version. More or less the entirety of the forum community, with a few notable exceptions, isn't happy with SP as is (thank god it glitches and you don't have to fight the Nomad Gunboats) and would REALLY like it if we either A) split it off or B) killed it entirely. Please?

Freelancer Timeline - Donutman - 06-09-2008

i think ill start a poll to see who wants SP dead and gone..........

Freelancer Timeline - sovereign - 06-09-2008

Hyung Soong beat you to it.