Discovery Gaming Community
The Green Hell Beergarden - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: The Green Hell Beergarden (/showthread.php?tid=6728)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

The Green Hell Beergarden - Rodent - 10-02-2010

The Admiral had long since left, being called back to Minor for things that could not wait, as well as the words of the traitor Soto weighing on his mind, but he had left a person to keep an eye open on his behalf. Santos Bolevara, the Admiral's secretary had been roused out of his quarters on Toledo and sent immediately to Islay to cover on the Admiral's behalf, and here he was now, standing outside the door of The Green hell, looking tired, but determined.

He located Captain Ravenov sitting at a corner with an old-ish man, talking.

Captain Ravenov? Commander Santos here, I've been sent by Admiral D'Souza to attend on his behalf.

He bows courteously to the Gaian....

Buenos Dias Senor, I am Santos Bolevara.

The Green Hell Beergarden - ErikssonJeny - 10-02-2010

Ah, commander, Santos, I'm pleased to meet you. I must say that you have perfect timing since me and Mr.Hunt have just begun discussing our relationship. Please do sit down.

Eriksson turns back to Gregory.

As I was saying you wanted to discuss something with us, Mr.Hunt?

The Green Hell Beergarden - Rodent - 10-03-2010

Santos look at Captain Ravenov with certain distaste. Shaking his head, he begins speaking.

Senor...Hunt, is it? I think Captain Ravenov here forgot all his briefings, but I have not, so allow me to continue. We are the guests here, so we should speak our terms first.

Firstly, as a reaffirmation of our existing relationships, The Order would like to offer a Non-Aggression Pact...

Santos slides a datapad over to Hunt. It reads-

Quote: Non Aggression Pact Between Organisations The Order and The Gaians

Both our organisations shall agree to immediately cease any hostilities existing between them, and shall not start any new hostilities under pain of breaking this agreement.

Both parties shall assume a neutral stance towards each other, and will not participate in each other's battles, excluding nomads.

Both organisations shall honor each other's Sovereign territory, and are not to enter into each other's territory unless explicitly requested/granted by the other Organisation.

This deal shall last until it has been violated, or a new deal is put in it's place.

Signatories

Order<div align="right]Gaians
Robert D'Souza

Santos leans back and allows Mr Hunt to contemplate over this.

The Green Hell Beergarden - ErikssonJeny - 10-03-2010

Well, commander, you went pretty straight forward there, which is not that bad of a thing. However , since we're the guest here, I though of giving Mr.Hunt the opening words.

Eriksson turns back to Gregory - But, since the commander already started, let's continue. There is one thing the commander didn't remember. And that's the fact that admiral Kelt once negotiated with your people. However, due to unknown interference we never got word of how that went.

So as the commander stated and at the admiral's terms we would like to negotiate a non-aggression pact, if it's not in place, AND if possible an alliance. Of course we will try and make this as simple as possible to you and your people and , of course, at the best terms possible.

The Green Hell Beergarden - jnsereno - 10-03-2010

Alexandra enters 'Hell and sits at the bar.

- Tea, green.

She notices the new recruits drinking in a nearby table. Most of the veterans look at her, spotting a familiar face. The bartender notices the new red hair and asks her about the new look. She smiles.

The Green Hell Beergarden - etiainen - 10-03-2010

A silhouette creeps inch by inch by Green Hell’s floor. The silhouette is shortly followed by a figure to whom the shadow belongs. Druce enters the bar, takes a look around the bar, noticing a few familiar faces, a few unknown. His eyes stop at the table where Gregory Hunt is sitting and chatting with two men. He looks at the communicator held in his hand. “Aye, that must be fer them”, he thinks to himself and walks to the table.

He politely coughs as he tries to catch the mens’ attention upon approaching them.
“Gentlemen, I’m terribly sorry fer disturbing you, but I believe it is worth th’ minute. I have come ta pass on a message to ya. It is from a subordinate of yours, but, currently bein’ occupied in urgent manners, asked me ta deliver it fer her.”, he places the communicator on the table on front of them and politely salutes. "Take care, gentlemen!" and walks away.

The communicator screen shows a blinking line:

>> CLICK TO DISPLAY MESSAGE<<

The Green Hell Beergarden - DeathsOverture - 10-04-2010

"Ah yes, thank you my good friend," Gregory says to the departing Druce.

"Eriksson you are correct; Torvig Kelt did visit when Mad John was in command, but the nature of his visit was largely unknown, and definitely not to solidify relations between us. In fact, I don't believe he was even in command at the time of his visit. I could be wrong."

"Now let me take a look at this."

Gregory looks over the datapad.

"For one thing, our area of operations do not come close to overlapping Order territory. Not even our occasional supply convoys reach beyond Omicron Gamma. I guarantee that there will be no territorial disputes on our behalf. Furthermore, Order operations in Edinburgh should be welcomed, so long as those operations do not involve planetfall on Gaia nor the smuggling of wildlife from the surface. Unlike Edinburgh, Lewis system is a restricted area of Nature's Last Hope and very few others are granted access."

Gregory takes the stylus from the datapad and Eriksson, "May I?"

He pencils in a few changes and presents Erikson with the final product:
Non Aggression Pact Between The Order and Nature's Last Hope

The Order and Nature's Last Hope shall adopt an agreement declaring mutual neutrality with the following terms:
  • Both parties shall agree to immediately cease any hostilities, and shall not start any new hostilities.
  • Both parties shall not interfere with each other's battles.
  • Both parties shall not enter each other's restricted territory unless explicitly requested/granted by the other Organisation.
The duration of this agreement is indefinite. Any violation of the terms will break the agreement immediately. A new agreement between the same parties can also void this treaty.

"The first thing you will notice is that I have specified "Nature's Last Hope" instead of "Gaians" as a whole. Allow me to explain. Within the Gaian movement, there is a subtle schism between the Neo-Gaians and the natives. Natives are pure-born Gaians, raised on Islay by other natives in this very cavern. These subsequent generations are dedicated to the core Gaian ideals. Their ultimate purpose - from the very moment they are born to their final breath - is the salvation of Gaia."

"Now the Neo-Gaians..." Gregory leans back in his chair and takes a deep breath. "They represent the new face of the movement, former citizens of Bretonia or elsewhere who are inspired in some way to take Green Front's ideals to the next level. In general, Neo-Gaians seek to expand our goals beyond the scope of Bretonia and Green Front through alliances with third parties such as the Corsairs.

"Nature's Last Hope is impartial to either Neo-Gaian or native. But we are not blind to the schism. Change is natural. It's evolution, natural evolution. Even the great planets, in the scale of millenia, are in constant turmoil through plate tectonics.

"The chief can issue an order to the entire Gaian movement, but we would prefer to keep the agreement between the NLH faction and the Order in case this schism grows deeper and gives rise to another major Gaian power. I hope you understand."

"I'm sorry, I've done quite a bit of speaking. Have you any questions?"

The Green Hell Beergarden - ErikssonJeny - 10-04-2010

This looks very interesting, Mr.Hunt, I must say. Since the admiral isn't here I think these terms are quite acceptable. However, I would like to add one thing...

Eriksson writes something on the datapad and presents it to Mr.Hunt.

It said the following:

Non Aggression Pact Between The Order and Nature's Last Hope

The Order and Nature's Last Hope shall adopt an agreement declaring mutual neutrality with the following terms:

* Both parties shall agree to immediately cease any hostilities, and shall not start any new hostilities.
* Both parties shall not interfere with each other's battles.
* Both parties shall not enter each other's restricted territory unless explicitly requested/granted by the other organization.
* In the event of a Nomad threat within the Nature's Last Hope's territory and/or Chester both parties can call upon each other for assistance of the other.

The duration of this agreement is indefinite. Any violation of the terms will break the agreement immediately. A new agreement between the same parties can also void this treaty.

The reason I added that line, Mr.Hunt, is that there's has been an increase of Nomad activity within Bretonia. I hope it won't be difficult to understand that it is necessary for me to put this line into the agreement.

The Green Hell Beergarden - Rodent - 10-04-2010

Santos nods. That is in agreement with what the Admiral had in mind. So I think we can proceed with this agreement, and move on to other issues.

The Green Hell Beergarden - ErikssonJeny - 10-04-2010

I wouldn't be so hasty, my young friend. We are but guest to the NLH, not it's equal or superior. If they do not wish to fight the Nomads with us we could try negotiate some better terms about them or drop the Nomad thing all together.

Eriksson turns to Mr.Hunt.

I'll understand if you do not wish to fight the Nomads or help us within Chester, Mr.Hunt. It is a humongous request, but I plead that you try to understand the importance of this one term. If you wish me and the commander will come back another day if you wish to think about it or consult with other of your NLH comrades.