Discovery Gaming Community
Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event (/showthread.php?tid=148652)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Kopesh - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 01:46 PM)Vendetta Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 01:44 PM)Kopesh Wrote: Just a question.
I,as a order indie player,wish to take part in this.Not in the trade event,but in the fight event.
Do I have to come all the way from mu to inversness and dock on atum?

If you end up getting killed and don't want to fly all the way back, you could dock on the Atum or the other bases you're able to dock on such as CR.
Hmm,all right the event seems nice.
I will probably log and have some fun.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Vendetta - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 01:47 PM)Ryummel Wrote: I don't think any Wild group complained when the Drake-Coronado jumpgate was destroyed without any kind of event like this taking part.

Hypocrites.

This is also true.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - PRJKTLRD - 03-12-2017

Question about logic, if there should be any still. Don't take me wrong:

So if the event doesen't has any RP consequences and now doesen't have any RP meaning, and as it just then on the end happened to be casual pew pew/ trading event, what happens with Auxesia/HF discovering the Atum?

Will they completely forget their "discovery" and they will erase any documented RP material or the Atum will, be moved to new secret location?

Or none of mentioned?

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - PRJKTLRD - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 01:47 PM)Ryummel Wrote: I don't think any Wild group complained when the Drake-Coronado jumpgate was destroyed without any kind of event like this taking part.

Hypocrites.

They lost a Gate, not base of operations.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Kauket - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 01:56 PM)PRJKTLRD Wrote:

Hypocrites.

They lost a Gate, not base of operations.

Moved. Not losing.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Backo - 03-12-2017

Discovery 2017 edition: Complaining on the forums whenever something doesn't happen your way

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Ryummel - 03-12-2017

A gate that was quite handy to jump straight into Coronado and interact with the plenty of factions present there at the time. But guess we now have the connection to Inverness where all the fun seems to be taking place now (if only wild IDs could take part in the event...)

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Dave Synk - 03-12-2017

It doesn't change anything. Still a loss for the faction.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Chrono - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 01:34 PM)Jayce Wrote:
Quote:My cent is that there should be exclusively only scripted RPed events.

Guess the Zoner events, arguably the most activity-generating event in the past year and change, shouldn't have happened.

So If I fill a Bison full of radioactive materials, turn it into one big flying bomb, and ram it up one of the Core bases backsides, you'll be happy with it and react in kind with little to no complaining? No scripting of events, just a sudden burst of communications from the Order, Sirius wide, taking responsibility for the attack and declaring the Core as an enemy of innocent man? Because if you would have issue with this, than the hypocrisy that would flow from your lips would swell the banks of the river Nile and destroy the planet in one giant wave of bull crap.

But by all means, if this is the kind of event you desire to take place to bring activity to the server, then I'll start looking collecting the needed supplies for it, Jayce. Would be my own personal contribution to the discovery Role Play community. Smile

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Sombs - 03-12-2017

Well, there are good points on both sides. I always wondered what the hell Atum was doing in Inverness, and why it wasn't in Coronado, where one of the very, very few allies of the Order actually are. I wouldn't mind seeing the Atum retreating to Coronado, deeply hidden in the Barrier and not in the dumb location where everyone and their mother can find it in Inverness. If you ask me, the only well hidden objects in the game are those that are off-plane and in nebulae. Like the Kansas gate or Airdrie. I cringe every time when people say "It's supposed to be hidden!", for example the Gallic Battleships in Manchester (you see it EVERY time you use the lane from Wight to Cortez) or the Gallic Battleship guarding the Leeds Jump Hole in Magellan. Or the Interdictor in Kepler. 3D game, everything is on plane like it was Starfleet command, and it would be incredibly easy to change that, especially with stationary battleships. So, yeah, I would be liking to see the Atum moving to another place, and CR/Order could do good RP around it.

However, that event is horrible to look at in terms of balance, as I pointed out here. Yeah, Order technically can use 5k ships, battletransports and can only lose the cargo. Which comes just as close as getting blued. Because you would need to move all the way back to Taba, when Auxesia intercepts you in Inverness - which is very likely. So everyone and their mother would not only lose the cargo very likely in Inverness, but also had to move to the next suicide object to get back to Taba, because that's how the player mentality behind it is. Nobody looks, I kill myself. :^)

The NEMP event is legit, you don't need to talk to anyone about it, and that's just right. Auxesia has every right to move that damn battleship out of their turf. However, the repair/trade event is simply ridiculous, knowing that Order| and GG| and their indies are very rarely logging and even more rare operating in Inverness. Auxesia has the numbers and upper average combat skills and people know from the Auxesia Feedback Thread or talking with Vendetta that they will take full advantage of outnumbering/outtacticalizing if necessary, because it's within the rules. And then there is HF who have an RP/PvP ratio of 20%/80%, which is something Durandal wants so change for a long time now. Both factions have their reputations, and their opposing factions as well, as you rarely see any Gaians or any Order guys outside the Omicrons. Yes, Order COULD ask other factions for help. But let's be honest, being faced with this event and how it is layed out, that is very unlikely to happen, especially as the event is pretty much pre-destinated, one-sided and has a consequence especially Jeremy would whing about, as he is the one that prefers to have Order Stationary Battleships everywhere and would give up a heavy fortified Mu for it.

So I don't really know. Auxesia made a good plan here, but looking at it with some current player mentality, this event is a desaster for the opponents of Auxesia/HF.