Discovery Gaming Community
K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Nomads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=190)
+----- Forum: Slomon K'Hara (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+----- Thread: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back (/showthread.php?tid=134512)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Snoflek - 12-02-2016

Certainly.

However, what you're bringing up is the 'No True Scotsman' argument. You can RP and shoot, certainly. That's fine. You engaged in forum RP, that's fine. But you didn't need to sign up to a siege, in order to betray everyone there.

The fact is, however, that Individual or no, Huggie represents the entire K'hara faction with this RP. If you elect/permit someone to lead, by their actions is your group defined, just as much as your own.

On a Semi-Related note, let's be honest. Do to the way the server is set up, and the attitudes of the Majority of the forum, Nomad RP is just a dead-end. Outside of people who want to become wild for the free license, the actual Difficulty/Reward of Role Playing a Nomad/Infectee on the Server and on the Forum is just too high. There's not enough for you to do, too many people just shooting at you, and not enough wriggle room for actual Nomad Role Play.

Now I know someone is going to jump in in a moment and defend saying 'Oh But -I- do great Nomad RP...or, Oh -I- would totally behave like a real infectee if only someone RP'ed with me' But let's face it, Nomads just cannot do proper RP, without a whole boatload of consent, which most people simply will not give. They are relegated to being 'The Glowy Blue thing that pops up in Nebulae and The Omicrons, kills me dead and goes home'

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Sombs - 12-02-2016

Quote:So what is going on? Nobody said K'Hara or Oracles will siege the base. It was said they will aid the situation so we could create a distraction for everyone, and buy us some time and insiders on Planet, to get closer to what we want.

[Image: pda07_by_rhulaner-daq4ulh.png]

Nobody would have really cared if K'hara wasn't added here after what I wrote here. Have them being there? No problem, anyone can go to any system whenever they want as long as it's within ID rules. K'hara can go there, yes. K'hara can pew anyone there except the Maltese unless there is a reason to do so. But if the intention wasn't for K'hara to join the siege, they never should have been added to that list, as it would enable them to add their firepower along with all the others.

That Attack Declaration Thread is not only there to indicate the plan of a siege, but also to show there was a neccessary RP done to justify wrecking down in hours what people have build up in months and years. Joining the siege the way it was done for K'hara by Huggie and Light is just a very disrespectful move that shows a certain attitude. That, and the quasi-metagamed access to that transmission. When you have plans, do it right.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - PRJKTLRD - 12-02-2016

My aplogies but I didn't realized that in the attack declaration, there was K'Hara. All this has sense now.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Snoflek - 12-02-2016

No worries.

Fair enough that it's sorted but, the issue is still valid.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - HuggieSunrise - 12-02-2016

Well. I do suppose I have vary little respect left here. I mean really spazzy. the admin "team" decided to SEND YOU lol.. To post in the feedback forum? you guys .. couldent pm me?

When haven't i worked with the admins ? For years I send pms to the team receive silence for guidance on this or that. I can only count on hawk cause i was a jc for how many years? i can only count on well shit maybe i shouldn't list who i know it might screw them more then it does me. How long does this hate huggie crap go? Can i just get a plan in the face answer?

And you make this spectacle like blasting the bat signal over a simple pm about the matter..

I mean for god's sake we engage whoever and whatever whenever and ... We might get in trouble for their being a few ships of outcast origin there or rouge origin there?

Rouges haven't had a solid official identity since 85. their scattered groups rising and falling in power quicker the an syrian revolution is the blame for the state of affairs between rouges and the,. OC factions .... who are suffering the same rise and fall syndrome just because this place is shrinking and expanding with the damn tide, any form of consistency is vary vary difficult to establish. Hell it might not even matter tomorrow cause not enough people are around in the first place. I already know I cant be there because of personal issues related to work.

Well I took this personally. maybe I shouldn't but I did. Your "choice" to convey such a snotty limited view of events surprises me.

the buttcloaking shennanigans YOU pushed over the line got our id whacked in the first place and now you're here threatening to edit our id about who we can and cannot fight under whatever circumstances. What the Eff the irony. mr. "MY BAD"

So what's wrong with the idea inherently? Not shooting humans while they shoot another of their races factions bases or not doing it by ourselves. Are we to blame for helping a bunch of misfits or are the misfits to blame for accepting the devils handout?

Too bad such philosophical ideas cant be explored here. Cause apparently a static rule will be violated in the eyes of a spastic hypocrite.

Give me a reason to bother with you? Edit my id? you aren't attacking me your attacking a faction people love for the freedoms it has and frankly if you guys have designs on the khara and nomads you better make them clear and known now and evict the rest of us cause we aren't going to jump through your sick and contrived hoops anymore. its literally Act like god damn adults and talk to me plainly or we dont have to bother with this place.

I wouldn't be quitting disco Id be quitting this snyde abusive and heavy handed group of infants that overreact and seem hell bent on exercising control that they have no sense of scale or appropriateness.

going to tell you even straighter this place lost its appeal for meeting new friends when it turns out the enemies you barely make because of some smouldering hatreds will ruin anything you stand to build or try to accomplish.

Maybe the admins should check if their alliance lines aren't being abused or if their powers of protecting server gameplay isnt overextending to the point of strangling every effort.

Hell why have factions at all at this rate. Thats got to be where this is going. but i'm not going to bother to guess anymore you people have the minds and the capability to work things out and mediate and not blugon or smack your way through every perceived problem.

ONE STUPID PM GUYS.

THATS ALL.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Stoner_Steve - 12-02-2016

If Spazzy hadn't posted that publicly, for transparency, a lot of us that have been complaining would assume that nothing was being done

(12-01-2016, 10:04 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: I'm a bit concerned that nobody else seems to question what is happening here via ooRP circlejerking.
That was a vary big post.

Well. I guess Ill start at the top.

The congress stuff. I dont know if you know but I ran the congress for a while..during low activity very troubled times i mean that summer wer were almost thinking we should let some of the bases go cause frankly keeping them alive was ...vary hard..

I had started my disco time in the JC. and really if i had to do it all over again I ..probably would have just stayed there. But you get to know some of the guys a little too well. JT... had asked for more khara interaction. i guess we hit you guys at a bad time. Yes the rp was lax and it was because it was with JC and you guys had no hope of really.. fighting a small pile of nomad bses.

This was my effort it went badly and really. that incident a long time ago being brought up all at once like some sorta 60 minute hit piece.

Yes im losing my mind sombra we didn't need video proof.

(12-01-2016, 10:04 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: But now to the point that was bold. While one could argue now the Oracles are a part of Malta, they were not targeted by this transmission, as you can see when you read the title.

The cult of sirius has always lent its ships, followers, and assets to the defence of malta. It is specifically in our oracle id because this is something that's never changed, does that make us apart of the secondary fleet? Well. I would say the line makes us more recognised than most unspoken bonds. Secondary fleet usually means indies old and new. However the term itself is vague.

Before being official and after this hasn't changed if this isnt apparent that the oracle monitor every defence and or military alliance issue related to malta. Well i'm sorry I couldent make that more apparent. Is this appropriate? it hasn't been an issue for many years though i suspect if it is I won't get a pm about it. stay tuned to the thread for more admin posts.

(12-01-2016, 10:04 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: But let's have a look at the response from the Oracles itself. Two lines. Oh, and the name, giving it a third line. Now, what does us tell that response? In fact, it's even only one line that explains the Oracles tell you the nomads have interest in this. Boy, we can be lucky he added the line above and his char's name below it. That totally makes it quality RP, right?

I am.. terribly terribly guilty. The RL reason? Yeah I was rushing I was honestly excited about the prospect.. and no i did not. read all of those threads of who is involved in fact my first judgement was this is a handful of indies are gonna plaster themselves against that base. It would be a useful distraction for an ongoing rp thread me and milo had in mind to write.

Well. Again. rush in rush out garbage in garbage out I suppose.

(12-01-2016, 10:04 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: So, please, do it right.

It seems every christmas shit hits the fan for me. I dont want to bore anyone but this year's been extreme. New job new prison etc. but really posts like this one do not offend me. it shows me that yes you do care. about strange aliens and anuses.

I am going to try and push my rp posts through. I just haven't had any god damn time. THis is the first little bit of it i got and it was to address.. albeit angrily the... what seemed to me a huge mountain out of a molehill about this siege. Really I can only agree with Jayce's comments 100% .. I can only stand there and say what's the big deal but you put perspective.. at least in your eyes why its a cop out.

why the cop out is bad. and I have to agree. I mean.. Yes I have been half assing I apologise. All i can really say is .. the faction does need more activity. admins being able to spawn ishtar's at will. for fun or serious events at will doesn't seem to help either. somedays it feels like were being completely circumvented

. and ill only tell you that when we were working vary hard on new nomlore the dev team had their own version. (that they either didn't follow through on or never finished) and teerin made it vary clear my input would be a minimal thing.

so honestly.. were kind of in a holding pattern. We've been waiting on new ships but i keep hearing from multiple sources why they are or aren't coming to us faction members.

everyone seems to have a problem with everyone else. and straightening this out as a faction leader also takes up a lot of my time. I mean.. ... well nyx and vendetta are both loved and hated by people here. and i get the hate flak for "letting" them in. Nys was there at the beginning with me. I dont shut people out of the faction unless there's a huge reason but everyone has input on the quality of the membership.. TLDR.. this is a bitch of a job. it kills the RP gland.

AS FOR THE DEATH OF NOMSPEECH. Bold action. I should have been on the forefront. of that change to guide people on it. But i haven't and i can only apologise I find that.. a simplified approach is best if you've interacted with ish'tar you'd know what that is. But for me? .. No. I dont want to do it anymore. and i'm not going to hold the morphs to it either. I'm just going to make sure they speak english can do visions and emotions correctly and aren't total morons.

Also the vagrants. ... my word on the vagrants were.. I didn't get mad. I didn't tell erato to die in a fire. Vagrant rp to me is no different than an individual khara members rp. if it creates a faction of highly intellectualised and chattier than normal noms. What's the harm? The first rule of disco is the rp you make is yours. and it will always be your for better or worse.

Some will hate some will like. but at least we all have the freedom to do both.

(12-01-2016, 07:05 PM)Wesker Wrote:
(12-01-2016, 06:29 PM)Operator Wrote: You know what was freaking me out for the last couple of months? Mostly people in K'Hara don't care about the faction activity, roleplay, the entire situation with the humanity and etcetera. The most common thing I see is K'Hara logging only in purposes to kill something with uncloaking, typing a few lines of rp and going in.

It's almost as if K'Hara don't speak and just kill, like a race from vanilla called the nomads that says nothing and shoots is being RPd as a race that says nothing and shoots.

I don't recall the infected chancellor speaking religious verses to the president before Trent walked through the door and shot him.

Well.. Alex. thats a personal choice. People who focus on the pvp have been doing it in defence of the home or core territories since our..stations and structure have expanded so far into the omicrons.. Its almost a guarantee the pvp would increase as more of the curious and azurite farming hopefuls came in. Also devs.

Wesk- That would be resting on laurels. If we never pushed into any rp territory the faction would almost be a device for events and pvp. And that might seem perfect.. or even ordained as what the nomad factions should be but. It wont get me anymore members and it certainly won't justify having a faction on an rp server.

(12-02-2016, 11:54 AM)Auzari Wrote: Also, K'Hara players can and do RP, it's just /very/ strenuous when you have a lot of things ganging up against you, pvp is pretty much inevitable outside of the Omicrons. So expect sessions to be disturbed.

I'm way too tired to even continue my own personal Nom RP as it'll only get repetitive. Truthfully, finding RP for nom related stuff on the forums is a bit hard.
[/color]

Make oracle.

FINALLY my last words about the siege.

What would have been the harm of a few mortars shot at the damn thing? I mean we had a rule somewhere that putting the shields up wasn't a full attack on a base. I mean No one is bringing that down aside the gallic or.. a whole house military. The original plan would be the distraction would draw a crowd and them a marduk would bum rush the defences long enough for a small crew of people to get to the alleged valhalla one site. Just to find that nothings left.

Seriously that was the whole plan.

Being on the siege list matter for that? I didint know hell I figured if i was going to shoot at the thing in passing without being on the list to shoot it would have gotten us in trouble so frankly I figured better be safe then sorry.

I mean is this too much of a grey area? I dont know. no one effin responds to their pms or talks to me so i just try to cover the "legalities" of this crap.

Which really at this point drives me freaking insane. I hate bases i hate all the rules and bullcrap surrounding them. Why on earth did we even want this crap? My Star trek online base makes more sense then this. a base THIS COMMUNITY HELPED START.

(lets all play sto again yay!)

On a serious note. I didnt think this would snowball. So All i can say is im sorry it was not my intention to push some idea of metagaming or.. anything like that I had my mind on mostly the RP thread the commune wanted to do and i tunnel visioned on that mostly.

Those that aired thier concerns i realise care a great deal and i appreciate it.

(12-02-2016, 04:32 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: If Spazzy hadn't posted that publicly, for transparency, a lot of us that have been complaining would assume that nothing was being done

it was unnecessary. that is for when lines of communication fail. my phone hadn't rung about it all week.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Sombs - 12-02-2016

Thanks for your honest words, Huggie. Knowing how the things are from your perspective and admitting questionable decisions were made shows at least you're still able to take feedback. I appreciate that. (sun)

Well i never said i was a smart person either. I will screw up. ... Now i steal you for khara.