Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's (/showthread.php?tid=135010)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Arbs - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 02:37 AM)RicoValesquez Wrote: Recently within about the last year or 2, anybody with a Liberty Navy or LPI or LSF (even BHG or Corporation) ID regardless of if they are official or not or if they have any ranking or diplomatic powers bestowed upon them has taken it upon themselves to DEMAND that the official Junkers faction FR5 any criminal they see docking on a Junker base in Liberty. This has been a major problem for several reasons:

-NPC Junker installations are meant to be a safe haven for criminals in house space
-There is no diplomatic precedence set for who can DEMAND that the offender be rephacked
-The Junker faction for the most part has no reason to otherwise FR5 these outlaws seeing as how we are quasi-lawful and it has been a part of our role-play since vanilla
-The people that are DEMANDING that the FR5 happen are doing so hoping to cause enough of a commotion to get Junkers outlawed in Liberty which is something that cannot happen because of the very foundation of the lore of the game.
-If these were POB's it would be more understandable for this to be occurring

Any feed back is welcome, but this needs to stop and be addressed by server admins. It is happening way to much and is negatively effecting the game.

Personally, I don't like it when I have to deal with such situations. And I'm in this community to make everything as best as I can for myself and everyone else in this place. Hence why I'm not happy to see these kind of issues coming up.

So,

An unlawful player will commit crimes in Liberty.

Liberty wants to deliver justice.

Carrying the responsibility for the crime, they want to just walk out of it.

The criminal wants to escape his legal responsibilities and decides to use the Junkers as a shield from Liberty forces, thus making junkers obstruct the course of justice.

Now, someone has to take responsibility.

Here you are given options.

You fine or FR5 this criminal who used your base or tell them not to do it openly or whatever you do and play it coy with Liberty as if you are on their side while you can actually host and support criminals.

Or otherwise you can hold the responsibility of hosting criminals, thus being against Liberty. Which will not make you much different than the criminals themselves.
And in this option Liberty will be handling the matter their way.

That's the situation put simply. Personally I don't even like the idea of having to do things that may affect the junkers just like anyone else. Yet we all must follow and respect the roleplay environment of the server.

(01-15-2016, 08:44 AM)Durandal Wrote: Oh, this thread again.

You guys (yes Congress, talking to you) need to get it through your heads that this is a roleplaying server, and that there are roleplaying consequences for roleplaying actions. Damn right Liberty and any other lawfuls are going to ask you to FR5 outlaws docking on your bases, or fine you for it, or just shoot you outright.

It's a shame, really, because I see the Junkers as having a lot of potential as a really smooth niche faction who would calmly wave something like this off going "sure sure, we'll take care of it.." and then offer some sort of service as compensation for the lawfuls to turn a blind eye. (Maybe try supplying some POBs? You don't seem to have any trouble maintaining a healthy five or so in your own little chunk of Sirius). And then use the money made from those services to hire mercs to shoot the lawfuls.

If you can't walk the walk then don't talk the talk. You as a faction are in a very unique situation to roleplay your way out of just about anything, but here you are asking for admin protection on the forums and asking people to turn a blind eye to you so as to maintain the quasi lawful status you had in vanilla rather than trying to uphold it through your own actions.

This post does have a point. You just have to think about it. Don't give up nor ask for more tolerance than has already been given, but simply be more adaptable, flexible, to situations, and keen to changes to make everything better for yourself and then for everyone. Make do the best of what you're given.

When it comes to RP and decisions like such I try to be completely objective, that means keeping away any OORP opinions, personal or not. Generally I'm a positive person.

Please take this post into consideration, as it's written in benevolence and as an attempt to resolve things in the best interests of everyone involved, so please do not take it as just some random criticism you may usually face or as putting pressire. I'm merely explaining and giving an advice.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - The Savage - 01-15-2016

Aren't we forgetting that governments do not know about Junker, Hogosha and unlawful bases inside their territory? Just asking. However, I see hipocricy here.

When I asked about Zoner bases (in quite open area), criminals in there and why these Freeports weren't destroyed, I got frowned upon being said "lawfuls don't know about it"... So I got that as an answer.

But then, authorities magically know about Rochester, which isn't even in open space and is supposedly well-hidden.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - HuggieSunrise - 01-15-2016

honestly it would be a huge favor if Rochester suddenly exploded. or got taken over by xenos.

How abotu that liberty? how about the offical factions just not giving a crap about this compulsory Stupid chore anymore and simply letting you eat perverbial tacos?

Do you feel enraged? do your little testosteron beads russle as the sound of junkers not giving a crap?

Then your the problem. you are. and if you dont see it. your mind and everyone elses who agrees with you are pigheaded bullies

Were players here and if there was something pointless and abating beyond the perposes of rp that you were dealing with youd want some compromise or solution.

instead its been years of

RUN YOUR FACTION BETTER

so screw yourselves.

Naughty. Dodging the swear filter is against the rules. ~Wildkins

@HuggieSunrise

[Image: giphy.gif]

Truth has been said!

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Arbs - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 07:53 PM)FluffReborn Wrote: Aren't we forgetting that governments do not know about Junker, Hogosha and unlawful bases inside their territory? Just asking. However, I see hipocricy here.

When I asked about Zoner bases (in quite open area), criminals in there and why these Freeports weren't destroyed, I got frowned upon being said "lawfuls don't know about it"... So I got that as an answer.

But then, authorities magically know about Rochester, which isn't even in open space and is supposedly well-hidden.

Its a wrong arguememt for really obvious reasons that is only legit for -some- bases i suppose. Example would be the hacker base in alberta or other things like that.

Also huggie. Please get the ostriches out of this thread if all youre going to be is a potato.

There's no need for that kind of language. ~Wildkins

(01-15-2016, 08:15 PM)Arbs Wrote: Its a wrong arguememt for really obvious reasons that is only legit for -some- bases i suppose. Example would be the hacker base in alberta or other things like that.

I just stated the argument I've been told on other topic many times. Ames is in open space, Rochester is not. By stating that "authorities do not know about criminals onto Zoner bases in open space", we replied to the question about Rochester, which is not in open space and is hidden.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Sylvie557 - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 07:53 PM)FluffReborn Wrote: Aren't we forgetting that governments do not know about Junker, Hogosha and unlawful bases inside their territory? Just asking. However, I see hipocricy here.

The problem with this is that various unlawfuls run to Junker bases with Lawfuls chasing them. Hiding behind lore to protect the bases from being found is lazy and boring. It isn't even that big a deal either. The first time or two a faction or player runs to a junker base with lawfuls following them send them a message saying "Stop being an idiot and blowing our cover and here is a slap on the wrist." If they keep doing it then consider FR5's or maybe even something more fun like placing a bounty on their heads as punishment.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Laz - 01-15-2016

Junkers are very between the law as it is.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Laura C. - 01-15-2016

Repeating it once again...
(01-15-2016, 09:30 AM)Laura C. Wrote: Majority of situations happen when the criminals are escaping and lead authorities/hunters directly to Rochester (or any other base) where they dock under their noses. So even if we would agree that exact locations of Junker bases are secret inRP because for example they are moved all around (and thus lawfuls should not camp there, that is really not right), it will make no difference for majority of situations this thread is connected to.
Or are you suggesting that lawful chasing the criminal which then dock to Rochester in plaing sight of him should pretend that the criminal disappeared without trace and that big base right in front of him is not there?

(01-15-2016, 08:18 PM)Loki557 Wrote: The problem with this is that various unlawfuls run to Junker bases with Lawfuls chasing them.

"Target has been lost in scrap field, stop chasing." Read below in main paragraph, please.

(01-15-2016, 08:20 PM)Laura C. Wrote: Or are you suggesting that lawful chasing the criminal which then dock to Rochester in plaing sight of him should pretend that the criminal disappeared without trace and that big base right in front of him is not there?

Sort of, yes, but then, please look down and read carefully.

The other argument about Zoner bases was the fact that systems are actually vast and huge. And they are. Rochester is a very secluded area, within actually tight scrap field and for my understandment, as I would roleplay it, Rochester looks like a piece of scrap (perhaps even made from scrap) surrounded by dozens of similiar in size. Someone pointed out that asteroid bases are understandable, because they, well, look like asteroids (like Buffalo or Montezuma).

HOWEVER, one of my friends pointed out something and I have one solution for Rochester:
Make it unable to be docked with caps. There, problem solved.