Discovery Gaming Community
=LSF= Comments processing center (Feedback) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: =LSF= Comments processing center (Feedback) (/showthread.php?tid=33169)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

=LSF= Comments processing center - Mazur - 01-19-2011

An Unioner came across a LSF agent wandering near the Hamburg gate in Bering. This agent was told to leave back and refused, so the Unioner fired upon him. Instead of fighting back or retreating back to Liberty (which would have been the most reasonable option in my opinion), the LSF kept dodging and flying around the same place again and again.
Quote:=LSF=Raphael.Black: just enjoy
=LSF=Raphael.Black: seeing you
=LSF=Raphael.Black: waste timew
=LSF=Raphael.Black: As I said
=LSF=Raphael.Black: won't fight
AGS-U|Ewald.Nussbaum: Then move to Liberty
=LSF=Raphael.Black: Nah, this is fun
So, I would like somebody to confirm if "trolling" is an in-RP procedure of LSF agents, as this agent eventually admitted here.

=LSF= Comments processing center - Joneh - 01-19-2011

Wow... that actually shocked me to see an =LSF= agent doing s*** like that. And no it's not a in-RP procedure of LSF agents. That's not what they get told and it's not our strategy... not in any way. That is just unacceptable. I'll personally deal with this situation and talk to him as soon as possible.

=LSF= Comments processing center - Backo - 01-19-2011

' Wrote:An Unioner came across a LSF agent wandering near the Hamburg gate in Bering. This agent was told to leave back and refused, so the Unioner fired upon him. Instead of fighting back or retreating back to Liberty (which would have been the most reasonable option in my opinion), the LSF kept dodging and flying around the same place again and again.

So, I would like somebody to confirm if "trolling" is an in-RP procedure of LSF agents, as this agent eventually admitted here.

I was the guy that picked up the situation after Ryummeh had to go. I was on my Rheinland Military Valkyrie character. So the same thing with the "I won't fight you" happened to me, but the sad thing was, he didn't just dodge, now I'm perfectly fine if he dodges me for 30 minutes and slowly looses nanos or shows ungodly dodging skills and embarrass my aim, but the dude started NPC farming around those low level Unioners around us. And because our server is tuned up there were tons of those NPCs and each unioner dropped like 5-10 nanobots, which I must say is quite something.

So that's my feedback - if he wants to play defensive, it's quite fine with me, but farming low level NPCs is just too much.

=LSF= Comments processing center - Blodo - 01-20-2011

Take note that I am not trying to troll here, but I want to offer genuine advice as someone who wishes to interact with the LSF on his characters in a more meaningful and serious way. I apologise in advance if any of this may sound harsh, but I just want to make a point. If you feel insulted, be assured that was not my intention.

I want to propose to the leadership of the LSF to take a long and detailed look at how KPT is running itself at the moment (last week's RP surrounding the tension between Liberty and Kusari especially), both forum RP and ingame performance - and adapt as much of that for yourself as possible. LSF should become a serious intelligence force that extends its operations to all the houses around it for the benefit of house Liberty. Fly actual undercover ships in hostile territory (Freelancer ID, not LSF so that people can't metagame it) and record operations. Be extremely competent.

A member of your high command flying with =LSF= tag in the middle of Kyushu and getting captured then killed is kind of... well, ridiculous. You need to mix overt actions with covert ones, I think I speak for the members of any and all politically charged groups in Sirius when I say that a well pulled off intelligence - counter-intelligence type conflict would be absolutely brilliant, but everyone has to be playing ball on at least a similar level. When I fly my politically charged (which most of them are) anti-Liberty/anti-Rheinland characters, I want to be afraid of LSF spies. I don't want to know at first sight that they are here and have everyone disregard them anyway because they are just ineffective. And no, I don't mean in PvP.

And it's not just that: imagine how many RP situations you will create by delivering unique intelligence to the leadership of Liberty. I am sure you can find out an angle on how to get the revolutionaries of Rheinland to work with you or how to get Kusari to slow down their progress in Bretonia by creating diversions behind the lines, or how to accurately predict the strength of the incoming Gallia invasion which they announced months ago. Think 10 steps ahead, entangle yourself in various spy conspiracies and make the politics between the houses as interesting as they should be.

I hope this will give you some motivation to beat yourself into the most efficient intelligence agency in Sirius. You have a duty to be excellent. And yes I know you all have lives, I'm not asking you to be online more, and I'm not telling you "ur rp sucks". I'm asking you to take a second look at how you do stuff overall, maybe you can do some of those things more effectively both gameplay and RP wise, and it will attract more interest to the faction and spying in general. LSF is one of the most active factions on the server. It should honestly be far more awe inspiring.

/speech; flame retardant suit on

=LSF= Comments processing center - VoluptaBox - 01-20-2011

I was the particular agent involved in the "incident".

1. You MUST understand that char's roleplay before you come here to complain. I asked you to do that in game as well. If you're going to show parts of the encounter, please, don't just show the ones that suit you best.

2. You need another roleplay reason. I was there looking for the military. I didn't want to leave, wasn't looking for a confrontation either. As I said, IRP, my ship wasn't equipped to fight, The reason I was flying in circles, is because I wanted to bore you, again, merely IRP, and make you leave the area. I was farming NPCs, because I only received damage while I was typing, not because of your good aim and the rest. Again, it wasn't a duel, NPCs are IRP, shooting them isn't illegal or anything.

3. The part when I said trolling, again, was IRP. NPCs had jammed the gate and I couldn't jump. It was pretty obvious while I was running circles around the gate.

4. Don't come here to complain about me doing that. I stated many times: you're not happy, you're bored or annoyed, just leave (for god's sake it was all IRP, if I'm planning OORPly to troll I won't take an =LSF= char) because I won't. Yet you chose to stay. I see no reason for this.

Edit: this might sound a bit harsh, as someone pointed. It wasn't referred to Blodo's comment either. But overall, what pissed me off the most, is OORP comments to IRP events.

=LSF= Comments processing center - Wuselkobold - 01-20-2011

If you enter hostile territory expect to get shot at. If you don't want to get shot at, don't enter enemy territory in the first place, run away or leave the system. If you get caught your secret mission has been compromised anyway, so why bother to stay around? Oh right, you want to bore the other guy into leaving so you can claim 'victory' and the other has to leave the system right?
If you go to Bering and Hudson expect a less than warm welcome from its inhabitants. If you can't deal with that, don't go there at all.

Quote:You MUST understand that char's roleplay before you come here to complain.
Sorry for not knowing the RP of every character on the server, really. Besides, why would a Unioner shooting you give a damn about your characters motives?

Quote:If you enter hostile territory expect to get shot at. If you don't want to get shot at, don't enter enemy territory in the first place, run away or leave the system. If you get caught your secret mission has been compromised anyway, so why bother to stay around? Oh right, you want to bore the other guy into leaving so you can claim 'victory' and the other has to leave the system right?
If you go to Bering and Hudson expect a less than warm welcome from its inhabitants. If you can't deal with that, don't go there at all.

Good point. However, it wasn't about claiming a "victory", nor about making him leave the system. Just about making him leave me alone.
For the last time, it was all IRP. That is supposed to have some IRP consequences not OORP.

A, slightly unrelated example, to make my point. A corrupt LPI officer, abuses civilians and all the bla bla. What does a civilian do, go whine in the feedbacl thread? Of course, he can do it, but I think a IRP report to the Internal Affairs Office would be more appropriate.

Quote:Sorry for not knowing the RP of every character on the server, really. Besides, why would a Unioner shooting you give a damn about your characters motives?

No, you're not supposed to do it, nor had the unioner to care about it. But, he decided to suck up to it, didn't get the results he wished for, and now it Q_Q'ing here.
My point is: I don't say he had to leave me alone and leave, but he did have that option, so, for the love or god, cut the Q_Q.

=LSF= Comments processing center - Wuselkobold - 01-20-2011

This isn't "Q_Q", this is feedback. And face it, even if this was inRP, you annoyed someone with it. Your RP left a bad impression on someone else and you should consider that.
Also the term 'trolling' is a new-age internet term and shouldn't be used by an agent of the LSF, especially not to describe a 'tactic'. What you did there was clearly aimed to annoy the player, not his character and thats where the problem is.
If you have a problem with feedback, stay away from the thread that is dedicated to it maybe?

Constructive feedback, such as Bodo's, is much appreciated. An attack, or a comment to my RP not really, and for a simple reason. I didn't accidentally act like that, I was fully aware of it. IT WAS ON PURPOSE. Thus, the feedback thread isn't the best section. Do something about it IRP, put a KoS on me or whatever. An anonymous report to the IA and etc. Also, I've just talked to Bloodlike, I misunderstood his complaint, I apologised, think we're good now. Correct me if wrong :)

=LSF= Comments processing center - Sturmwind - 01-20-2011

Maybe then, you should consider what Blodo said.

Even if flying alone into a hostile territory, dodging and bot farming when the military arrives then using a 21st century internet slang term to summarize the purpose of your actions is indeed your character's role play, that is not exactly what I see an intelligence organization's purpose should be.

EDIT: Also, farming NPCs to gain an advantage in battle may be an "in-RP" action, but so is ganking, bot sharing between caps and fighters, ramming and the list goes on. There is a certain level of common understanding and sympathy between opposing forces, which is why people don't conduct such actions among normal circumstances. Certainly, you can justify a lot of things with the term "hey, it's just role play", but imo if you know it would just piss people off, in reality, you shouldn't be doing it.