Discovery Gaming Community
Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback (/showthread.php?tid=84392)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - jammi - 05-16-2015

Copy protection prevents people from passing on verifiable and authenticated data. All the metadata and other inRP required information would be missing.

If you took a picture with a camera it certainly wouldn't be admissible as official evidence because DHC would claim it's fabricated and the submitter would have no way to prove otherwise, I guess.

I get why they want to do this, I suppose. Could prevent a certain amount of siliness, especially in regards to corporate warfare and bounties.

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Pavel - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 11:38 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote:
Quote:What can I do today for a serious well-known and experienced roleplayer? Smile

Explain to me, how you beat the granny's witty approach that 100 % breaks your DHC "mechanism", irply, ofc. Big Grin

We simply do, like those websites denying you c/ping pics and data from them. The difference is, our super-duper Software Security Patch Mk2 Update 42 ensures not even screens can be taken. M.E.T.A.G.A.M.E.R.S. O.U.T. encryption level Smile

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Jack_Henderson - 05-16-2015

It's stupid and you know it.

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - SpaceTime - 05-16-2015

Is DHC's super-duper Software Security Patch Mk2 Update 42 which ensures that not even screens can be taken with the outstanding M.E.T.A.G.A.M.E.R.S. O.U.T. encryption level possible to malfunction cargo scans as well?

For example, a DHC- carrying Black Market Munitions and being shielded by this super-duper program giving it protection from the police or others who would conduct a cargo scan.

(05-16-2015, 11:59 AM)SpaceTime Wrote: Is DHC's super-duper Software Security Patch Mk2 Update 42 which ensures that not even screens can be taken with the outstanding M.E.T.A.G.A.M.E.R.S. O.U.T. encryption level possible to malfunction cargo scans as well?

For example, a DHC- carrying Black Market Munitions and being shielded by this super-duper program giving it protection from the police or others who would conduct a cargo scan.

No, I don't think so, that would be meta-(power?)gaming.

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - QuinnZai - 05-16-2015

No offense, it already sounds like powergaming as it is

No offense taken - I don't think it's powergaming, after all those clear rules were introduced to prevent power/meta accusations.

If you think that's meta/powergaming though, we of course would adjust our rules to admin ruling in this matter Smile

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - SpaceTime - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 12:10 PM)Pavel Wrote: No, I don't think so, that would be meta-(power?)gaming.

With your latest technological innovation, DHC now has the advanced technology to block people out of their own messages. I believe it is very easy to convert that technology and block people from scanning your cargo holds as well.

Perhaps an official faction perk?

(05-16-2015, 12:19 PM)SpaceTime Wrote: With your latest technological innovation, DHC now has the advanced technology to block people out of their own messages. I believe it is very easy to convert that technology and block people from scanning your cargo holds as well.

Perhaps an official faction perk?

How could we block people from own messages? I don't think we'd want to block anyone if we send message to him, would we? Smile

As far as assumptions about "blocking scanning cargo holds" go, those are just assumptions. Have we shown anywhere intent to do that? I didn't even think of that until you suggested it Nik (no, we're not gonna do that, that would be powergaming if we said screens taken inRP by another player are invalid. What this change is about, are forum comms sent by DHC)

Also, what perk? Smile

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Danny-boy - 05-16-2015

* Danny-boy Reads the message that DHC has just sent to himself before pulling out his new camera, the CANNON-ANTIPOWERGAMING-FUSION-PRO and snapping a picture of the screen, in HD!

Seriously though, this breaks forum rules.

The rules state that:
"2) You may post in a thread here only if one of the following conditions are met;
[...]
2b) You have permission from the transmission's author, or from the transmission's recipient (author/recipient must post detailing that they are allowing you access) to view/post in that transmission.."

Therefore the recipient can relay this information to whomever the hell they please, unless your super cool software has the ability to break the forum rules?

Not only that but this does actually go into powergaming, you are dictating what peoples characters can and cannot do with inrp information that they have been given. Whatever rp you come up with to justify you being able to do it someone can come up with some other rp to say that they can take a screen shot of it i.e. the Anti-Powergaming camera or some sort of software that makes use of the ships incredibly high computational power to break through its protection.

The RP element isn't the issue though, it is the fact that you are dictating what peoples characters can and cannot do, that is powergaming. Powergaming is against the rules here.