Discovery Gaming Community
Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Rheinland (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: [RM] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=604)
+----- Thread: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9130)

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - frozen - 07-11-2008

' Wrote:oh, and get all of your members battleships for the coming liberty/rheinland war.

not really needed. the RM can hold their own in their fighters/bombers.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Xing - 07-11-2008

edit: removed...

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Mere_Mortal - 07-13-2008

Dunno what you're on about as I wasn't there or heard about it, but...

' Wrote:[RM] in some way metagamed knowing that they would get huge NPC support (with battleship patrols and etc.)
In reality, all RM pilots would have explicit prior knowledge that a Capital Patrol has been assigned to the vicinity of Planet New Berlin, thus the concept of metagaming does not apply here.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Zeltak - 07-13-2008

' Wrote:Dunno what you're on about as I wasn't there or heard about it, but...
In reality, all RM pilots would have explicit prior knowledge that a Capital Patrol has been assigned to the vicinity of Planet New Berlin, thus the concept of metagaming does not apply here.

Yeah I guess you are right, but I saw it as metagaming at the current situation where I the pirate/unlawful commits something bad in their space and they wait for us to come to them.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - tfmachad - 07-14-2008

' Wrote:Yeah I guess you are right, but I saw it as metagaming at the current situation where I the pirate/unlawful commits something bad in their space and they wait for us to come to them.
Well, the way I see it, it's a bit more complicated than that (as in there are numerous issues involved).

For a long time (back when the RM had a very solid PvP reputation in the server), we used to get jumped left, right and center by people who wished to prove themselves in those terms. It felt like we were the "rite of passage" in the server, "You think you are worthy? Then go to Rheinland and take on an RM flight group."

I remember this one time I was flying alone in my Wrath when suddenly I saw myself surrounded by two Praefects, three gunboats, two Praetorians and three Titans. Avoiding fire from pretty much everyone I've managed to kill the first Titan when people from all around (mostly indie bounty hunters that were around and a couple of guys from the old Black Talon) pitied me and came to assist.

For a long time, meaningful attacks in Rheinland were a rare thing (those came mostly either from the RHA or the now extinct [W] faction). What really happened was people coming by aiming us (the [RM] guys) directly. They didn't really pose a threat to civilians or the territory in itself, but us directly. Also, these attacks mostly involved bringing down capital ships because hardly managed to get a kill from us, unless it was from an inexperienced pilot. Sometimes we simply didn't have enough firepower to finish the fight, we didn't die, but we didn't have the punch to drive it away. So we started using the NPCs to our advantage in those fights. The cruiser and battleship patrols started figuring in our tactics as much as everything else in the book. That is one aspect of the issue.

On a second note, it's not an uncommon thing to have "bad guys" cause a stir and try to attract us to a trap or to have us leave the Planet so a smuggler can slip by our watch. Don't expect us to respond to taunts, because we don't. We're more calculating than that. Also, threatening the Sigma-13 jumphole isn't really supposed to attract much attention since the government itself and us, for that matter, advise civilians (namely traders) to avoid the place altogether because of the Wild infestation and the overall presence of pirates in the area. If someone chooses to use that route, they're intently jumping into trouble, so they can't claim helplessness. Don't expect us to run so fast there and risk our necks for people who are dumb enough to put themselves in the line of fire of both Wild and Hessians in the first place. Also, I won't remember where it is, but there's even a story in a bar in Rheinland (probably in New Berlin), that says the military try and veer away all traffic from the Sigma-13 jumphole precisely because of that.

Rest assured though, that our patrols (at the least the ones I'm leading) have been behaving quite differently from our usual. We're still in the process of changing a great deal of things in pretty much every level. From our structure, to the RP, to the regulations, to the equipment, to the relations and so on. So we may be a bit slow on some things. Still, please keep the suggestions and feedback coming, I promise you they are being taken into consideration and are more useful than we may be demonstrating right now. Just cope with us a little, we're working on a lot of things right now and some old procedures may linger as we deal with everything. As people say, "Old habits die hard."

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - mwerte - 07-14-2008

yay RM!!!

you guys make my day everytime i meet you.
+4 for you

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Cawdor - 07-15-2008

woah! My RHA feels like his parents were away for some weeks and suddenly he has to start behaving ^^

welcome back guys! :yahoo:

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Zeltak - 07-15-2008

@ Gronath (I didn't wanted to quote the whole post, but I read everything.)

I'm most pleased with your reply, it has logic to it and you aren't hostile in your tone at all. This shows that you respect me and thus I respect you.

Now that you have given me a little more insight on your current issues and your past dealings I have a better understanding to why things "are like they are" so to speak. I didn't know about the Sigma-13 area and how the RM deals with it either so thank you for that information too.

I apologize if my post was missunderstood, I have no problems with the lawfuls using their environment to their advantage, thats a tactic and a good one I must say. What are the NPC's there for if not to add a richer Roleplay feeling and assisting?

I'm also glad that you are trying your very best to listen to my suggestion and that you are in some way taking action in spreading out the RM a little more with patrolling and etc.

Edit: Oh. Today I actually saw several [RM] pilots patrolling in Dresden. Nice work.

With respect.
- Unioner Felix Zimmer

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - sovereign - 07-15-2008

Funnily enough, we weren't "patrolling" Dresden we were rep-fixing ~5 ships. We've got a shiny new pair of Cruisers as well as a few more bombers (that's why there was an RM in Kappa before you ask) because of it.

Before that, we beat up a pair of Scorpion gunboats near the S-13 jumphole, and killed a wayward Corsair bomber.

And people tell us we're inactive. Pff.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Blodo - 07-27-2008

This is in response to Mjolnir saying in the event thread that he set up 6 recruits by himself recently.

Yesterday I managed to set up a recruit for battle in nothing short of record time. 10 minutes from the moment he logged on in NY, and he was fighting off a BHG with the rest of us in a fully equipped Odin. Either way, you guys could use a more efficient setup mechanism than "bring your own money and/or stuff". RHA gives out 25 mil (not including the razor, nuke mine and debs they get from armoury) to everyone who joins, so they can get the standard issue loadout, ship, armour, bribes, the works. It's not like we are swimming in cash, but I and a couple other people simply donate what we trade up. More often than not I am getting called by other members about that they would like to donate cash to the armoury, and as such the machine is constantly rolling.

Unarmoured and underequipped RM rookies would've been in RP if this was still Niemann's Rheinland, but it no longer is:PPerhaps you guys could use a few reforms to the ol' recruiting and paperwork station?