Discovery Gaming Community
BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined (/showthread.php?tid=133073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Unlucky_Soul - 12-31-2017

(12-31-2017, 04:59 AM)KTcustm Wrote: Unlucky_Soul, I bought the carrier and once I got BAF turrets it has been great against multiple gunboats and fighters. However it fish
tails during cruise flight causing the screen to jump around, it also gets stuck entering trade lanes so i have to manually line up the ship and that only works 80% of the time, on exiting trade lane it gets stuck on the last one fifth of the ship (aft turret and thruster section) so I have either have to exit early from trade lane or point it straight up or down and manually exit trade lane. In cruise speed I put it in turret mode to stop the fish tailing ( it reminds me of back view forward of a Koi fish swimming). Is there any way this can be fixed? Even with all these issues I still really like this ship so I am hoping someone will fix it. FYI: I am fairly new to this site with only about 160 hrs of game play. Thank you for your time.

I did not make the current BAF Carrier model. That would be Jinx.

As for getting stuck on tradelanes, I suspect it is because of the hitbox. While testing the carrier I made in-game, it did not have that problem.

The previous models are outdated. This is the latest one.
Bretonia Carrier

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Thunderer - 12-31-2017

KTcustm doesn't mean that the ship gets stuck while entering. It gets stuck in the last lane when it exits. Or, well, when it's supposed to exit at least. Some "invisible part" of its hitbox gets intertwined with some "invisible part" of the lane hitbox, and the ship won't move forward. I know the bug, I've flown the ship and I showed it to the devs a couple of years ago. Soul's model doesn't have that bug.

One of the rare good grave digs.

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - sasapinjic - 12-31-2017

(12-31-2017, 09:37 AM)ASimpleMan Wrote:
(12-31-2017, 08:11 AM)hubjump Wrote: Who ever is in charge I've literally been holding on since 2014 for this carrier remodel, Unlucky_Soul has done this. it's only flaw is floating secondaries but they're easily fixed this isn't an excuse.
i get you all have lives but you're sucking other factions whilst leaving us here blue balled as we watch everyone else get what we should have had years ago.

I am nearly done with formalities.
This won't die with me and the current baf vets in the community.
We NEED (could use to a great extent) this down south.
Our bomber and carrier models need fixing/replacing
the bomber is LITERALLY IN 2 PIECES!!!?!?!?!?!?

This I agree with. Now I know I've been gone due to life for a couple months, but we really need this carrier. BAF is just getting neglected by the looks of it. Everyone else gets upgrades while we wither away due to bureaucracy and incompetence.

Come now , isnt changing color of thrusters of some 3 member oficial faction more important and must be done first?

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Hubjump - 03-24-2018

Soul's proposed remodel was 11-18-2015, 10:41 AM
the BAF remodel request was 06-14-2016, 01:24 PM

It is now 24/3/2018 3 years after the first proposed remodels of this incomplete mess we call the invincable bretonian carrier.
challenger is also a flawed model, as i've said before, still in half and is a terrible shape.

BUMP

i just want new players to see the incompetence of the developers as they leave unfinished content in game regardless, and why would it matter if i am a bretonian dog.
there are more unfinnished models ingame and ships with textures far below what is standard for freelancer whilst some ships actually had and or still have textures above the freelancer standard but i don't care for those as much as they're functional.

https://p3d.in/6bhtj this is souls